Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Honestly, about MoM

Shad03
Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Look, it is honestly annoying to see a bunch of MoM posts. While it looks like it died down slightly, I still want to give my 2 cents.

MoM is not really that good of a perk, it's not so overpowered once you can figure out how to deal with it. While I get why there are a lot of players who dislike the perk, it truly isn't the be all end all of overpowered survivor perks.

As much as I might sympathize with killer mains more then I can survivors, I personally feel survivors are in the right to use Mettle of Man as much as they like. Since it can actually help you if you have the right builds that need extra hits.

Of course, that doesn't mean I like it anymore then most do, but it is a fun perk and it can only be activated once a match. Both sides need to adapt to the other, and I know we can do it. Prove me right. For once.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

lol

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158

My issue with Mettle of Man is the fact that if you play an M1 killer you're punished for it unless you get really lucky with RNG Insta-Down perks, or rely on NOED. As somebody that doesn't really like using those perks, but still plays an M1 killer, Mettle of Man punishes me for that. Killer diversity was already not that great, but after Mettle of Man came out it feels like a legitimate rarity to not have one of the chainsaw bros as the killer.

Unless they intend to give every killer a way to damage via their M2, there's no adapting for a lot of them, especially when it gets stacked with Adrenaline, Dead Hard, and either DS or BT.

At this point, until they rework Mettle of Man any killer games I play will be strictly memes or farm games, I love this game to pieces but it's not worth the headache I get from the mental gymnastics of adapting to a perk that punishes you for playing the game.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't mind MoM.

I mind it when combined with all other Perks & Items that give these small advantages.

Cause you add them all up, and then they don't seem so small anymore.

• Shad03

@Alther_Primus I understand your plight. However I've been in several matches now and not once has a survivor who had MoM survived. Ironically the people who didn't run it survived. Maybe it's just me, but honestly MoM is overrated.

I actually had two rituals for Myers, and I tombstoned an Ash who had MoM, I laughed so hard when I did that, since I only hooked him once previously.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited May 2019

MoM is still not worse than Pre-Patch DS.

This is a fact, not an opinion. I usually advocate opinions and suggestions but for once i'm standing my ground on this one.

This isn't a call out to you, its a call out to people that think this way. Everyone likes to over-exaggerate things here and this is one of them.

Post edited by FireHazard on
  • Shad03

@Boss True, true. But such as life as the killer. We can't complain or else we are "Noobs lol adapt"

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited May 2019

I'd probably be fine with MoM if there was an actual downside to it. Survivors already use OoO and reveal their aura to the killer and most of the time the downside doesn't even matter since it goes away once you go to the dying state. Furthermore the perk only punishes already weak killers. It has little to no effect on some stronger killers like Nurse, Hillbilly and Huntress.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Such is the life of any gamer. Stop acting like killer mains are victims of everything.

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158

@Shad03 I mean, when it's just one Survivor that has it it's not a huge issue. They may be a pain in the neck, but it can still be handled. The thing is that this perk, while not as awful as Old!DS, has a very similar issue: Multiple people can run the perk with very little to no downside. The difference here is that while Mettle of Man doesn't rob you of early momentum, it also has no downside for *not* being the Obsession.

It just feels bad for both sides IMO. As a Green Rank Survivor I'm getting nearly Red Rank level Killer variety, and I've already covered my issues with it as a killer.

• Shad03
    edited May 2019

@brokedownpalace In this context I speak of only the killers side.

I know survivors have to deal with their own [Bad Word] but I am not talking about them here. And in MY PERSONAL viewing of the forums, killers get more [Bad Word] then survivors. Yes I've seen survivors getting [Bad Word], but if I wanted to talk about that, I would've opened a thread about that.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I'm not asking you to discuss it, but the way you said it made it seem like being told to get good only happens to killers.

• DwikeyMain84
    DwikeyMain84 Member Posts: 107

most killers have some sort of Insta Down ability or at least the ability to down someone very quickly...so i don't see the problem with MoM....the downside for survivors with MoM is pretty balanced either they heal up and their aura is shown or they don't heal up and the killer takes them down in 1 hit when they find them. It's not like this perk guarantees the survivor escapes the match or anything, i think killer's are just mad because this perk can come in handy when a killer is hard camping or face camping a survivor, if the the person saving the hooked person has MoM ready and BT then it denies a camping killer the trade of either getting to rehook the unhooked one or just hooking the rescuer instead....or maybe killer's are just mad because MoM wastes a little bit of their time? I don't get the hate for it, most times i have come across MoM while playing killer is while chasing a survivor i just hit them 3 times instead of 2 when MoM is active...or i don't even hit them for their MoM free hit until they are already butt dancing at the exit gate....and more than a few times i have went against survivors with MoM and stopped their team from opening a gate because when they pop last gen MoM players who were also running Adrenaline instantly show me where on the map they were at and which door they were heading towards and several times this has made it possible for me to finish off a 4k without a single gate getting opened.

• Shad03

@DwikeyMain84

While I do appreciate your opinions and while I do agree with them, may you please put it in a way that is not going to cause my eyes to bleed? Walls of text can really distort people y'know?

But again I agree with you.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Funny how people with MoM crumble to pieces when they go against a Legion. Hehehehehhh >:D

• Shad03

@StarMoral Before the Legion update I stabbed Ash's to death. One of the few times I've actually 'tunneled' as Legion.

• StarMoral

@Shad03 Even now, getting first hits with FF and closing the gap woth his *mwah* 115% speed, oh it's so sweet.

• Shad03

@StarMoral The stun gives me a heart attack though.

Which is why more often then not I don't use Feral Frenzy for a 'free' first hit. But I did tombstone a Ash after a first hook yesterday 😂 He had Mettle of Man

• StarMoral

@Shad03 Yeah, there definitely are buff to be had with Legion... But thankfully, he can finally recieve them without becoming "3 Blink Nurse 2.0".

And get MORI'D, SON

• Shad03

@StarMoral I still love the Legion. I ain't abandoning them. And I'm one of the few who like and dislike what they did to Legion, but the only reason why I'm still outraged is cause I know Legion ain't getting touched again for a while. I would like to be proven wrong.

But a lot of my add ons are collecting dust. So useless.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019

It's a lot of fuss over 1 extra hit when how many Killer abilities are out there that take away 1 extra hit? Most of which are far more than the 1 off deal that MoM is before it becomes unsafe to use Come on people, double standards much? lol. Imagine if Billy's chainsaw could only one shot 1 Survivor per match, any more and permanent aura reading is given to the opposition. That's MoM!

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

LMAO.

• Shad03

@Milo :D