The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer & Survivor Concepts (Witch & Pat Midas)

Psylent
Psylent Member Posts: 38
edited September 2019 in Creations

I just got both of these off google. The drawing of the witch was done by Char-Portraits on Tumblr. The staff is actually just a walking stick being sold on some store. I figured the Witch would look similar to this, except maybe more gothic styled. The second image is what I had in mind for the staff.

Witch: Terror Radius- 32 meters, Speed- 110%

**Would be pretty sweet if the Witch's name was Heather in the lore. And if she had long raven black hair. Just a casual shout-out to my favorite Huntress main in the hopes she enjoys this killer if it's ever implemented.

Weapon: Staff

Power: Spellcasting- Press right mouse button for 2.5 seconds to shoot a small projectile. I'm thinking a ball of dark purple energy, but it can be anything really. This magical bolt flies in a straight line and moves at 120% speed. These shots dissipate upon impact or after traveling 32 meters. They damage the survivor for one state.

Press "Ctrl" for 4 seconds to cast her secondary spell. The Witch stands still to cast this one (Animation can be cancelled). She slams the ground with her staff which leaves a circle of purple flames centered around her. The flames are 1 meter in diameter and hurt survivors for one state when they step inside the fire. The flames remain on the ground for 30 seconds but disappear when a survivor walks through them.

**The way her cooldown mechanic should work should be something like a mana bar. It'll still just be a red outline around her power. Let's say she has a total of 100 "mana" and she can only use a spell when she has enough mana to use it. Spell #1, the bolt, uses 20 mana. Spell #2, the flame circle, uses 60 mana. She must drink a potion to refill her mana bar (press and hold "R"). This action drastically slows her down like Clown when he's refilling. Refilling should take about 5 seconds to complete.

Witch Perk Ideas:

• Bewitched- When a survivor stares at you for (4/3/2) seconds, their aura is revealed to you for 5 seconds. Can only affect one survivor once every 20 or 30 seconds.
  • Blind Frenzy- You are sent into a frenzy when blinded. This boosts your movement speed by 8% for (20/25/30) seconds after being blinded. If you are blinded again while frenzied, the timer resets but the speed bonus does not stack. *Lore-wise, I think this fits since stories of witches date back to before electrical lights were around. It's like someone is using an unknown magic against them.*
  • Cursed Totems- Survivors become injured after destroying a totem. (Cannot put survivors into dying state.) Injured survivors take twice as long to cleanse a totem.

Alternative killer perks:

• Shadowy Presence- Your footsteps are silent, and terror radius is decreased by (4/6/8) meters while not in a chase.
  • A Curse and A Blessing- Lose the ability to see scratch marks, but also lose your Red Stain.
  • Sacrifice- Every time a survivor dies, all unfinished generators immediately regress by (10%/15%/20%). *Not sure how strong this should be to make it worth using.*

Add-on Ideas:

Common:

• Crow Feather- Increases bolt speed by 5%. (Stacks)
  • Charged Sodalite- Increases bolt travel distance by 8 meters. (Stacks)
  • Lunar Pendant- Decreases charge time of bolt spell by 1 second.
  • Beginner's Spellbook- Bolts no longer injure survivors and cost 10 less mana to cast. Travel distance increased by 32 meters. Increases number of ricochets by 5 (Stacks). Survivors hit have their aura revealed for 5 seconds. +50% more Devious points.

Uncommon:

• Raven Feather- Increases bolt speed by 10%. (Stacks)
  • Charged Ametrine- Increases bolt travel distance by 12 meters. (Stacks)
  • Petrified Wood- Increases diameter of flame circle by 0.5 meters. (Stacks)
  • Solar Pendant- Decreases charge time of flame circle spell by 1 second.
  • Shining Crystal- Bolts can ricochet off an object one time (but not off survivors). (Stacks)

Rare:

• Owl Feather- Increases bolt speed by 15%. (Stacks)
  • Charged Amethyst- Increases bolt travel distance by 16 meters. (Stacks)
  • Brecciated Jasper- Increases diameter of flame circle by 1 meters. (Stacks)
  • Enhanced Potions- Decreases reload time by 2 seconds.
  • Resplendent Crystal- Bolts ricochet off objects twice. (Stacks)

Very Rare:

• Hawk Feather- Increases bolt speed by 15% and travel distance by 16 meters. (Stacks)
  • Black Tourmaline- Flame circle is now more translucent and lower to the ground, making the flames harder to see.
  • Unstable Crystal- Bolts ricochet off objects three times. (Stacks)
  • Chaos Charm- Fire two bolts at once in a "V" formation. The bolt spell now costs 20 more mana to cast.

Ultra Rare:

• Iridescent Bolt- Projectiles home in on survivors that come within (???) meters of the projectile. Maybe 4 meters? or perhaps 2 meters, or maybe more than 4? Requires testing with people who have good aim and predictive skills (a.k.a. Huntress mains). *Also needs testing for how strong the homing should be (sharp turn or gradual curve?)*
  • Iridescent Flames- Increases duration of flame circle by 30 seconds. Flames do not dissipate when a survivor runs through them. Survivors take damage from the flames once every 2 seconds.

Survivor- Can be Patrick or Patricia Midas depending on if you're making it male or female. Either way I think this survivor should have long hair past the shoulders. I'm thinking blonde or brown.

• Team Player- You rescue survivors from hooks and traps (40/60/80)% faster. After rescuing someone, your aura is revealed to the killer for 5 seconds.
  • Watch Out!- Survivors see your aura when you are being chased by the killer within (24/28/32) meters of them. At tier 3, they can also see the killer's aura.
  • Survival Instinct- Run 7% faster for 30 seconds after being unhooked. Gain 50% more Survival points.

Please leave any critiques or suggestions you might have. All feedback is appreciated.

Post edited by Psylent on

Comments

• Psylent
    Psylent Member Posts: 38

Another old post organized and souped up with brand new add-on names and a brand new survivor concept! This is my last one... for now... enjoy!