Remember when they told us they were going to make Hex's less obvious?

Options

Whatever happened to that? I don't ever run hex's now adays unless its a meme build, and is on the correct killer with the highest mobility, and revolves around other perks used to protect totems.....

Explain to me why these perks aren't a waste of a slot?

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,790
    edited May 2019
    Options

Yeah, hexes feel like a wasted slot usually, so I rarely use them.

Haunted Ground would be better as a totem mechanic. If the killer is using a hex totem, the survivors can cleanse it with little worry about any negative consequences. It would be better if there were some trade off when cleansing a hex totem, like yeah, you get rid of Ruin, but at least for a short amount of time after cleansing there's this other negative effect.

They could have at least built the TotH notification into all hex totems. And/or have Haunted Ground apply after any hex totem is cleansed every time one is cleansed. And/or after a hex totem is cleansed, the cleanser's aura is shown to the killer for a certain amount of time. The maps are so big that few killers can properly protect a hex totem. They need something more built into them, plus perks that help protect them/punish cleansing on top of that. "Better hiding spots" are also necessary, but they are by no means a complete solution to the problem.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,369
    Options

Yeah it's been a very, very long time and they are still terrible.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

All in all, just luck and depends on killer you play. Silent Spirit, Hag, and Trapper are probably best hex defenders, but other than that, they are not very useful to other killers.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I actually don't remember them saying that they should be more obscure.

Can you, or someone else, show me the source of this statement?

Cause i'd love for that to be a thing they said.

Not because i will then have faith they'll fix it soon, oh no, that'll take longer than them fixing Hatch standoffs.

I want to know so i can bring it up when needed, like for a Q&A, or when someone says: "You're supposed to be able to lose the Hex in the first 20 seconds."

Anyway, to me, Hex Perks aren't a waste of a slot if you can gain fun from using them.

And fun is subjective.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

They'd be a lot of fun.....if survivors didn't know they were so obviously running and didn't blow up within 60 seconds of the match starting. For killers who aren't nurse or spirit, or hag or trapper who have natural built in ways of protecting a hex other killers are screwed. And as much as I'd love to play around with blind and skill check hexes its just not practical to run them, and thus, not fun.

IMO they should just revise the hex system. Which sucks because they have some awesome effects. Some of which are a bit crazy like devour hope......but the rest of the hex perks I don't even know why they are hexes. I'd rather have the blind hex be a normal perk and just give it a 2 minute duration instead of how it currently is. I dunno, just seems lame and a waste of energy to run them...

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@SpaceCoconut technically you have a choice, cleanse five dull totems or one Hex, I think you know the popular choice.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Sup @SpaceCoconut

Look in the bright side, Haunted Grounds benefits from bad totem spawns XD

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114
    Options

I think the killer should be able to place totems same as traps. It doesn't go into effect until you place it.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Aside from Ruin on a handful of Killers, I only run Hex Totems on Spirit for a Totemroulette build. Other than NOED, ever other Hex Totem is subject to immediate cleanse more often than not.