There is no "gen-rush". There is Adrenaline.

ShyDragon
ShyDragon Member Posts: 19

There is just Adrenaline which make players to repair last generator while they are injured, instead of healing themselves by Self-Care or letting heal them by other survivor.

Because of Adrenaline, players don't care about heal themselves in the last stage of the game.

"Why should I heal myself, if I have Adrenaline and I know that all gens will be repaired in a moment? there is no sense of doing it. I go to repair gen then!"

And that's why gen-rush exist.

My suggestion is nerf Adrenaline like that.

"You are fuelled by unexpected energy when on the verge of escape.

You have a 50% penalty to repair speed while injured, but when the Exit Gates are powered, you instantly heal one Health State and sprint at 150 % of your normal running speed for 5 seconds..."

With Adrenaline like that, people will have to think like that:

"Ok, now I am injured and there is last gen to repair in the map. And its about half repaired already. Should I risk and try to repair it with my 50% repair penalty to trigger Adrenaline, or should I first heal myself and then try to repair it with greater repair speed? I don't see killer is chasing anybody, so probably it will be better to heal myself first, because when killer will find me later and will hurt me and will chase me, other survivor will end this generator while chasing me and Adrenaline will be triggered while chasing me, and its greater benefit then trigger it after finishing last gen when not chasing. Perhaps if I would see that killer is chasing someone, I would try to finish it with my 50% repair penalty, but of course it will be not that fast like it was before nerf"

Adrenaline=gen-rush.

Nerf Adrenaline according to my instructions and trust me, it will remove gen-rush from this game.

Gen-rush which most of players want it to be nerf. You don't even need to increase repair time of gens, if you don't want to...just nerf Adrenaline like that, that's all.

Adrenaline may cause 50% penalty, 40%, 60% this is negotiable and its up to you. Its more about idea.

Have a nice day.

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Where did you get the idea that Adrenaline would solve the Gen rushing issue?

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Adrenaline is fine. Gen rush (I really hate that term, we don't have kill rush after all) is because gens can be repaired too fast. I and many others have made suggestions to deal with this. I do support a penalty to repair (and healing others) while you're injured. Nothing crazy. Maybe a 10% penalty.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Lolwut? I don't really care since I don't use Adrenaline, but there is nerfing a perk and there is shredding it into a million pieces so nobody will ever dare use it again.

50% speed penalty? For all gens? LOL nobody is ever going to use that perk. No Mither is bad enough giving you 50% less life, but at least it had some amazing benefits you can't get anywhere else.

50% speed penalty on gens for the puny benefit of getting a health state back and a mild sprint after?

hahahhha

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019

Adrenaline pisses me off no end when I'm on Killer, they're about to be downed for their final hook but NOP! They get a free escape they didn't earn + speed hack levels of sprint.

• invira_zero
    invira_zero Member Posts: 229

LeTS NeRF alReAdy BalAncEd PeRkS.

Rly dud.

It gives you one time advantage, otherwise just taking a slot. If survivors will not make it to the 5th gen, its Usless. Like a deliverence, while you are the first hooked.

Yeah, it gives survivors advantage at some point, but no one prohibits use of NOED, that could give you at least one down, in the most of situations.

Adrenalin is ok, as the Noed

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited May 2019

@Mochan

To be fair you can get back up with Unbreakable and Iron Will reduces grunts of pain by 100%. I don't think No Mither has any good sides you can't get anywhere else, outside of being able to get up more than once, but how often would that happen anyways? Getting up once is rare enough for me.

Post edited by Atrushan88 on
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Atrushan88 also no blood! Grunts of pain getting reduced while downed. In one perk! Woooo

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

@Milo All for the ability to be one-hit and unable to recover. No Mither is terrible. Much rather run Unbreakable+Iron Will than No Mither. Blood doesn't seem that easy to track on most maps imo anyways.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Atrushan88 im not saying it isnt. Just saying that it does have some abilities that other perks dont

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited May 2019

What would stop healthy survivors to repair gens so their mates can get instantly healed? That's a very common situation and you don't need swf for that, since I do that too and I'm 100% solo.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Adrenaline is strong perk as itself, but not op. I feel that once again its the pesky 4 man swf that makes it too strong.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Adrenaline was never a big topic since release. But now, after nerfing healing speed to reduce genrush u see people not equipping self care at all and out if the sudden adrenaline is the issue.

People like you are not understanding that the issue is in the core and not in a perk.

• CubeyBlueDice
    CubeyBlueDice Member Posts: 61

Adrenaline is fine as it is. It literally sits there during the game doing absolutely nothing until the last generator is repaired and either two things can happen:

A) You get healed once the last generator is repaired and speed boost away from the killer (if they are even on you) or just run

B) Just gain a random speed boost.

Adrenaline is a good situational perk because it has a major downside but a very good upside.

Upside: You get healed instantly and gain a speed boost for 5 seconds.

Downside: it does nothing for the whole game and only works once. You might not have the chance of fully using it and just wasted a perk slot.

Of course people are going to work on generators injured if they have adrenaline because they want to use the perk. It’s time efficient because instead of healing, they can work on the last generator and just get a free instant heal off of it. It’s a risk award plan because the killer has a chance of finding them and just killing them.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

That wont change anything.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

And the healing nerf even encouraged survivors to gen rush harder as they 'adapted'. This is how it goes, they cry non-stop about a perk, when that gets nerfed they just move on to the next perk on their list. It was DS before adrenaline, and MoM coming on the scene took all the attention for awhile. Even if survivors were not allowed to use perks or items at all, they would still cry on about something - probably survivors being too stealthy or having the ability to throw pallets next.