The multiple killer glitch just shows game modes like ¨2v8s¨ are possible

Anyone else notice this? Ive done this glitch in KYF a couple of times before and it actually works pretty well except for the couple of bugs since of course it wasn´t meant to be put in the game.

But I feel like it wouldn´t be too hard to program something like this I think the hardest parts would be to think up balance Ideas and how to make the maps larger but other than that the gameplay already works lets say ¨relatively¨ well

Comments

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483

@Sairek Like I said since it wasn´t meant to be in the game of course it has its flaws such as that all Im saying is why haven´t they added this in yet? I feel like it would keep the game fresh

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Problem lies in the fact that the current matchmaking system is peer-2-peer. Aka, one player is the host and server, and everyone else are matched to them. Hosting 5 players can be straining for some internets but being the host for 10 people would make those internets unresponsive.

With dedicated servers 2v8s would be possible.

• legion_main

@se05239

I suppose your right

I hope to see some kind of new gamemode when dedicated servers arrive

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

It might look like it's possible, but a 2 killer mode would actually require a lot of work. You have to reconsider maps, perks etc. and all kind of combinations. It wouldn't be easy.

• legion_main

@Freudentrauma of course it wouldn´t be easy but what im saying is that its definitely possible

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Would definitely play a functional version of this.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

They definitely need to add it in, but I think they just don't have the time (or desire) to do it. Which is a shame, you'd think they'd want to expand the game. I'm not even too concerned about balance.

I'm sure it'll open a whole can of worms for balance, but who cares? I play this game to have fun, I get stomped all the time and I still have fun. Those who find it unfair or unbalanced will stick to the classic game mode. Those who want to have fun, they have an option to play something different and interesting.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

So the issue is that the game doesn't have enough players to support two separate game modes? That's a little sad.

• legion_main

@Mochan well technically three since KYF is technically another game mode

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited May 2019

Not asking to play a clunky bug ridden version, but would be nice to have some variety in play modes down the line. Don't care if it splits player base or Que time, those that want to rank will still be there when they want a serious game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295

2 vs 8??? Killers are not known for their team work!! Can imagine the trapper bending down to lay a trap and Mr myers using the perfect opportunity to stab him in the back lol

• Banshee
    Banshee Member Posts: 31

They should just make KYF more customizable, that's all. More than 5 peeps, multiple killers etc.

Also, they should allow people to go into a KYF alone, to practice stuff.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Adding another killer and 4 more survivors would require a lot of work and balancing. You'd need to go out of your way to modify maps and gen times, perks, and just about everything else. That amount of work would be equivalent to making an entirely new game.

So much of the game hinges on there only being 1 killer that adding a second carelessly would certainly cripple the game. How would you even score a 2v8?