Is De-ranking bannable?

Options

If not - what's the best way to go about this, rank 1 sucks

Comments

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

If you don't DC I don't think they can really prove you're trying to depip.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited May 2019
    Options

Depends how you do it, most people DC which WILL get you banned. (If you do it too many times) And its usually the only way to do it.

Also AFKing in a match isn't allowed either on the report system i'm sure. So i'm gonna say yeah, you'll get banned if you try doing these methods.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Dont hook any one and slug as killer.

Survivor find the killer and lose the chase making yourself seem bad, get hooked struggle and let yourself die.

Easy peasy and you still get some BP's.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Just play a killer you are extremely bad at to derank

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400
    Options

yes go afk I am doing this daily to keep my rank low no fun in high ranks when u have limited viable killers and especially some ######### survivors

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

You can do that but, I can guarantee that 99% of people who want to de-rank will not go this route because of how long it would take.

That's why most Survivors just DC, but those same Survivors risk getting banned so.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354
    edited May 2019
    Options

its not bannable , but D/Cing to derank is. Even though it does not work anymore now that you get the pips back after you restart.

Best way to derank without getting banned and still having fun:

Killer- don't hook anyone as killer and just slug. Or, if you suck with nurse, play her, you'll get crushed at rank one and you can comfort yourself by saying shes hard to play and I'm brand new at her.

Survivor - Play normally with no mither. Another way is to equip object of obsession and just constantly try to run the killer all game without touching any gens.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Yep it's unfortunate some play enough that dcing to derank doesn't matter and will never see a ban.

Hopefully when dedicated servers come they will have no option but to do it a slower way or the game comes to a point where you don't want to anymore.