doctor madness level

hello

I am trying to learn doctor. at the beginning I had some problem to switch between treatment and punishment mode, but now I am getting better and its satisfying when you can block a window vault or pallet drop and hit them :-)

but I still have problems to recognize the madness level of survivor. a little number on each survivor would be helpful or how do I recognize it? full circle is madness 3 and square madness 2? once they are on madness 3 do I have to shock them further when in chase? or only shock to prevent a vault or pallet drop?

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

When they are in Madness 3, their Running Animation changes. You can shock them to prevent Vaults or Pallet Drops, but I feel it is unrealiable.... Sometimes a Vault that was already done gets cancelled, sometimes the Survivor will still be able to vault.

• escape_plan
    escape_plan Member Posts: 104

ok thanks I will pay attention on how the survivors run

but the circle symbol also means madness 3, and square symbol madness 2?

once in madness 3 they cant repair gens, right?

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited May 2019

Embrrassing: I've been playing Doctor a LOT lately, getting better with him. And stuff. But. I still don't know if there's a clue on survivor icons about Madness level. Madness 1 grain effect is significantly thinner, so that's easy to recognize. But am I supposed to see (on icons) whether someone is in Madness 2 or 3? I can't tell the difference... if there's any.

Anyone?

• Teh_DuuuDe
    Teh_DuuuDe Member Posts: 37

Madness 3 looks like a fuzzy circle

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

@escape_plan

Madness 3 is a full Circle. And yes, once in Madness 3, they cannot do anything except for Unhooks and Pallet Throws. They cannot heal, they cannot work on Gens.