POLL: Do you WANT a DBD Battlepass?

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Yeah I don't understand the resistance. If you don't want it don't buy it. Plain and simple.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

@TheGameZpro3 I'm interested in what you think about this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfSZY4dAdQU&feature=youtu.be

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

I mean, its their game they can do whatever they want. They will probably add the battle pass, that doesn't mean I will buy it, and the free version will have rewards so kinda a win-win for me.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

If the battlepass is about play2get than yes.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

I just watched it, and while I do respect the opinion of him, I still want the pass.

AS LONG AS you can get it for free. Maybe like 9,000 iridescent shards or something, idk. I still like the idea of it, as a survivor and killer main, who enjoys most of the killers.

Also, I thought the video was a great one. Even taught me something I didn't know, FOMO, which I don't think I suffer from, as someone who didn't buy Cloud for SSB4.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

@TheGameZpro3 I appreciate the idea of buying it with Shards. I hope they go with that, but if they decide to lock it behind a pay wall then there's going to be issues with lots of players who suffer from levels of FOMO, including me (however this really is only relevant if they decided to put some goth cosmetics behind the premium battlepass LMAO)

• ItzSoulz
    ItzSoulz Member Posts: 368

i think the Battle pass would be a nice idea

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182

Only if the "new goals for players" isn't just a god damn battle pass, and if the pass's grind for free players isn't as bad as the grind for bloodpoints and shards is at the moment.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

I'm sure it'll be fine, but i wish we were getting bigger moves to improve the game over moves for financial game. New ports and battlepasses will do wonders for the game financially but it won't fix what's broken.

Dedicated servers just allow us to eliminate lag, they don't make the game better. Egc is to prevent toxicity and fix the hatch standoff, it doesn't address the actual weaknesses of end game. Anytime anything of substance is asked during a q and a we get "we're looking at it".

The people working on the battlepass could've just reworked the bloodweb, or made it a rank rewards system. But no, they need to get paid more to make changes.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

I put in a lot of hours and DBD is my "game", I will weigh up cost vs potential gain before plunking down cash, but if im understanding right, micro tasks for in game cosmetics and rewards? Daaaaaaaaamn right I'm there!

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416
    edited May 2019

you think so? I spend a lot of money on the game. I have bought the game for others and dlcs for my account and others accounts as well. I have also bought roughly 70% of all cosmetics on my account, and put a fair amount of funds into four other peoples accounts so they could buy cosmetics. but this comes in I will never spend a dime on the game again. I will quit playing and most likely the people who I got the game for will move on as well. we are already looking in the direction of Gold Express.

Post edited by EqMonkVeeshan on
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Until I see what these "tasks" are to complete the Battle Pass I shall remain cautious.

The last thing I want to see is "save 12 people from the hook" so that every game ends up being 0 gens done with everyone rushing hooks. (Unless I'm playing Killer of course ^.^)

Honestly not a fan of a Battle Pass for DBD and would rather we get our new cosmetics some other way.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2019

Yes if it means I get more cosmetics for a cheaper price and add interesting in-game objectives. I'd rather pay a subscription.

No if it means other areas of the game will be neglected (ex: free to play/iridescent shard options) and it drives the game even farther into microtransaction freemium rabbit hole. (We have like 10 DLCs already... Is the "full" game worth $90 + monthly subscription to you?)

Either way, I want to see what they propose.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,446

So much this, especially when they don't even get anything out of it

The devs get money, players who support this bullshit get to be exploited in a predatory trash system where they are not viewed as human beings but as human cattle ready to be milked for cash and yet they are in support of it

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,446

Achievements exist as objectives. Achievements are also not limited like a battle pass would be. Unless it is permanent in which case you are paying money to eventually get cosmetics, the majority of which you probably don't care about, or it is immediately replaced by a new one as soon as it ends, in which case Dbd would have a quasi-subscription model except you don't get access to the content you are paying for unless you grind it out, so like a subscription model but trash

If you liked the cosmetics you would have already bought them. With a pass you have no control over what is put in so it might be items you don't even care about in the slightest. Even if there are items you like they will be bundled with trash that is worthless to you so you might end up paying more for the few items you want than if you had just bought them directly from the store

If the devs want give more people access to cosmetics they can lower the price. This is essentially the same as bundling them in a battle pass and selling the pass for cheaper than the sum of the costs of the items. Except with a discount system you can control what you buy, so you aren't forced to take items you don't want. Obviously a pass system is better for the devs because you have less control as a customer and they can sell you crap you don't want

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2019

@Madjura Not a fan of Achievements. They're not exciting for me. I want in-game rewards. Yep, I have bought the ones I like already. Yes, they should lower the price and I am aware they may give me stuff I don't want.

What I would like is that they make the rewards abundant, such that I am satisified with the amount I get for a monthly fee, and optional, such that we are able to buy cosmetics piece-by-piece directly like we can now.

Again, I don't necessarily support it because I don't know what they are offering. I have to see it before I decide that it isn't just another money-grubbing scheme.

• xXNurseXx
    xXNurseXx Member Posts: 261

Yes i want it and i´ll spend money for it.

Dont want it? Dont buy it and since there will be a free version you still will get extra skins without buying one.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

As long as there are wallets to take money from, the battlepass will come.

I disagree with the battlepass heavily, it is not something we need right now. The games health is on the line currently, and this is just something that is wasting time on fixing said health.

Sadly, its going to come regardless if the community's majority is against it. As long as we have at least 30% even 20% that want the battlepass, it will accumulate enough money to equal the 100% of the community in no time.

Its a corporate move, they want to have players go through artificial panic for skins they want which are only available for a limited time (Or specifically limited to the battlepass) So expect this to come, its not going to stop... Sadly...

And to the argument that "oh its free stuff so you shouldn't complain" its a unnecessary move on pretty much all game company's to take as much money from gullible consumers as possible. The games health, is more important THAN this at the moment, but I guess if you sugar coat it with the word F R E E than the games health suddenly doesn't matter right?

• FireHazard

As long as the gullible consumer gets F R E E or limited time skins on a subscription system, then they don't care.

Kind of sad that every game company goes down this route...

• TheGameZpro3

I'm just gonna go full optimist and say, at least it ain't Loot boxes.

• Chad_Kensington
    Chad_Kensington Member Posts: 44

A DbD battlepass? To quote from a old video game “Either way, it’s ok.”

• FireHazard

I wouldn't doubt that, THAT is the next thing on their radar.

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

oh yea lootboxes will be in game soon as they get this system in and running.

• TheGameZpro3

@EqMonkVeeshan At least they don't have Loot Boxes right now!

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

Thats what game devs do now they give you something crap, you complain about it as you should, they introduce something worse and make you appriciate the less crap thing even though that shouldn't be there either. It's pretty scummy, idk if dbd will do that but alot of companies seem to like doing that now.

• GiraffeKnee
    GiraffeKnee Member Posts: 2

Just throwing this out there: strawpolls without CAPTCHA enabled are super easy to manipulate.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@se05239 I love FOMO manipulation.

Especially when devs add exclusive time limited content. It makes the skins feel more valuable.

Hopefully if you don't buy/grind the pass you won't be able to get skins from that season ever again.

Feels good to have cosmetics that will be rare years later because they were in a pass long ago.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Bbbrian2013 Skins that end up in the battle pass will end up hitting the store sooner or later, so that people who're mad that they missed out get to buy them. Companies want all of the money.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited May 2019

@se05239 Not necessarily.

You still can't buy Legacy or last years Lunar event/Summer event rewards for example.

I'm expecting the pass to be a paid version of this. You get an objective grind for the things like in those events but in a $10-$20 pass. Then they're gone later because that event/pass is over.

• pungent_stench
    pungent_stench Member Posts: 131

no? don't buy it.

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620

no!

• TheGameZpro3

@LadyMary It rewards people who actually play the game with exclusive loot. There two kinds. The free and premium, Premium costs money, and they can also get the free things. Free pass allows some lesser items, so it's better for premium, but going free is still a thing.

When playing, you level up your pass, to get more items.

• GenSim12345

It would be a downside for the free players for most part. Usually free means "you want this? welp gotta grind for days/weeks to get this!" which intises players to buy it, given how bad the grind for bloodpoints/shards is at the moment wouldn't suprise me if the grind is even worse for the pass.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

I'd rather just buy them from the store but a battle pass won't hurt.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i wouldnt mind.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited May 2019

@Condorloco_26 It's special to the large group of people that think it is. People enjoy the competition/getting new skins and they achieve greater skill. (And cool outfits)

I say it is special. :)

You're too old to see the magic.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

@Bbbrian2013

I'd love to see the magic of a balanced game, year-old bugs getting fixed, sounds not being busted anymore, colorblind support, etc.

Yes I'm too old. And grumpy. But I can smell a turd from a mile away, it comes with age :)

And think about this, it's a PvP only game. You're already competing against people. You're already part of a community. You're already getting better and increasing your skill with every hour poured into the game. You already have the chance to pay to buy the cosmetic YOU WANT in the store. You already have the chance to grind for event rewards if you wish. You can already go the P3-50 route. You can already pay for every DLC they drop.

My guess is you don't need to pay for a battle pass, since you already have all these options.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited May 2019

@Condorloco_26 Battle passes usually have a theme. It would be larger scale than what the store provides atm.

You'd likely get more for less from the pass as well if you put the time in.

Idk the prices obviously but i'm imagining $100-$200 worth of skins/content in a $20 pass but a huge time investment unlocking tiers required to get the max value.

This would be much better than the shop for people with free time.

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134

Hahahahahhahaha, how dare you? They all criticize the battle pass with no sense and you come and give them in the face with which there is no reason not to do so ...

I see that you are not blind but ... Let them talk and complain, as long as people like you continue to see all this complaint silly nonsense we will be fine.

• GenSim12345
    edited May 2019

The loot gain for players with the free battlepass would most likely be slower, it would make sense for the devs to do that to give people more reason to buy the pass. At least thats what i can assume given how little we know about the pass outside its cosmetics.

Loot gain outside the pass probably won't really change. You'd still be gaining points/shards at the same snails pace from before. Which might be bad depending on how much time your able to sink into the game before burnout sets in.