Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Rank 13 survivor logic

RagingCalm
RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

So I just learned that around rank 10 is where the lobbies for Killers start to get slow, so since I am already rank 13 and double pipping constantly I decided I should start giving hatch/not playing with all my skill.
Well, apparently the other 3 survivors of my last match thought I was working with the dude who I gave hatch. Apparently they got that thought because he was smart, and DIDN'T save them while I was right next to the basement where they were hooked.
Anyways, it just goes to show that survivors will make themselves believe anything it means they can blame another person or a game mechanic on their loss rather than their own lack of experience.

Comments

• Grandma
    Grandma Member Posts: 36

Sometimes it's about their perspective too. I know if I had to sit and watch this one guy get the hatch after he hung around the basement for my whole hook phase i'd be pretty peeved too. Like, either try and save me or work on a generator or look for the hatch. but don't just stand around and hide from the killer, then get found and for some reason be given the hatch. It's whatever, I don't ever get super angry about it but some survivors seem to forget it's a video game and they can just move to the next game.

I've had people hate me for giving hatches too though. I tend to intentionally pick who I give the hatch to, not just the last guy though.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

@Grandma
    The thing is, that guy didn't just stand around the hook. He walked up to the basement but then backed away(I shooed him off) because I was there. Yes I was camping, i don't care. It was beneficial to me at the time. Back on topic though, I also usually choose who I give hatch. I am super tired right now though so I wasn't really caring.

• When the update comes for us killers to close the hatch, watch the logic there.

• boogiewoogie
    boogiewoogie Member Posts: 32

I was the obsession in a game, so I was like a ninja avoiding the killer. Don't use DS when playing survivor.
    Popped 2 gens, healed 2 or 3 people and done 90% of the totems whilst the others constantly ran around the killer like... well the usual.
    2 of us left, Mr Myers caught me on the last gen at 80% and I end up hooked.
    Last guy sat at the exit gates (Myers never camped) and watched me die.

Reason: because one of the other guys messaged him to say "let him die as he's just hid the whole game".
    Ok, next time I'll just hand the killer 4 stacks of Remember Me for you all if that's team work.

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264

I was the obsession in a game, so I was like a ninja avoiding the killer. Don't use DS when playing survivor.
    Popped 2 gens, healed 2 or 3 people and done 90% of the totems whilst the others constantly ran around the killer like... well the usual.
    2 of us left, Mr Myers caught me on the last gen at 80% and I end up hooked.
    Last guy sat at the exit gates (Myers never camped) and watched me die.

Reason: because one of the other guys messaged him to say "let him die as he's just hid the whole game".
    Ok, next time I'll just hand the killer 4 stacks of Remember Me for you all if that's team work.

Another reason SWF can be cancer. Those teaming up will treat outsiders like trash. Unless you were on console, then they might just be #########.
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@RagingCalm said:

Anyways, it just goes to show that survivors will make themselves believe anything it means they can blame another person or a game mechanic on their loss rather than their own lack of experience.

That applies to basically any other game, where one side can make excuses

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@RagingCalm said:
    So I just learned that around rank 10 is where the lobbies for Killers start to get slow, so since I am already rank 13 and double pipping constantly I decided I should start giving hatch/not playing with all my skill.
    Well, apparently the other 3 survivors of my last match thought I was working with the dude who I gave hatch. Apparently they got that thought because he was smart, and DIDN'T save them while I was right next to the basement where they were hooked.

Actually givign someone the hatch is playing together with that survivor. You are doing intentionally bad to let the survivor escape.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Make it to rank 1.

Then you won't have to worry about giving survivors the hatch because they'll all be escaping through the exit gates.