Coldwind Farm Spam...

Options
Traslogan
Traslogan Member Posts: 283
edited May 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don't know if anyone else is getting this but I genuinely believe more than half of all my maps are coldwind farm in the past month. In my 160+ hours I've seen springwood a total of 4 times literally, I saw Haddonfield twice this week.

I don't know what the stats are on map frequency, but I genuinely see almost nothing but Coldwind no matter what items get put down. I haven't seen lery's Memorial institute in maybe 50+ games now.

I don't know if I'm suggesting anything here, more just a remark on the fact that certain maps appear way too often, it feels like many others are neglected.

Edit: Had 5 coldwind farm maps in a row today so far... I'm starting to believe the other maps were secretly uninstalled.

Post edited by Traslogan on

Comments

• Traslogan
    edited May 2019
    Options

I personally get peeved as I main The Shape, and no amount of aggression defeats a cornfield stopping your stalking whilst they can still see you. It's a nice challenge, but not at the frequency lol.

I do feel there could be a system where it checks the latest maps the 5 players have been on, and it works out what they've played the least between them, thus trying to keep map frequency balanced.

• Traslogan
    Options

Idk how much the map offerings influence it, but I would say I rarely see anyone use them overall, and it just likes to pick Coldwind farm. It's like its the default pick and has a bonus chance or something.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I really REALLY hope that their map changes are going to alter this.

On stream they said they were working on making 5 configurations of Badham, using the same basic buildings etc, but in a different layout. While that isn't as interesting as a different map entirely, it should at least mean that Badham is picked more often, and eventually all the other 1-2 map realms as they get the same treatment.

I really hope it means we'll see less of the default 3 realms, rather than it keeping the same selection criteria, and the "configuration" being picked afterwards.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

@Traslogan I know your pain. I like to play Mikey too, and it seems that the first game I play as him it sends me always to ######### Coldwind Farm. After that I am so pissed that I use any other map offering.

And the map has the nerve to get chosen when I want to tombstone people every single time.

• Traslogan
    Options

Honestly I think the game would just benefit from trying to balance map picks so you see maps relatively equally. Maybe keep track of the last 5 or 10 maps each of the 5 players has seen, and work out what they haven't seen lately based on that?