Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is the clown a good killer?

Is the clown a good killer, he seems to be okay when using certain addons like the exhaustion one.

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

With Add-ons yes he can be very good.

At base?...Kinda?

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

We don't know, because he's always been bugged to #########.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Let me put it this way: against Clown, if survivors want to win, they'll win. Sad, but true, unless they are memeing around or they're complete and utter potatoes, Clown has nothing to stop genrush.

Take it from a former Clown main.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I can vouch for what @George_Soros is saying. There's sadly not much a Clown can do if the survivors want to win.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

He can be solid at closing loops but he lacks map pressure just like the majority of the killers...

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

Clown's strength is being an anti-looping killer. Unfortunately he lacks map pressure. But saying that I still have a lot of fun playing Clown.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

He's all right. Mid-tier.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    edited May 2019

In my opinion Clown is a ok killer.

I think around the time when he came out, he was basically meant to be a mindgame 1v1 loop counter (this was around the time when everyone was complaining about loops and pallets.)

But I guess now that we're in this genrush meta, his power does nothing to help him with that.

Is he add-on dependent? Kind of... Yes!

But with some good perks and the right map he can pretty much stomp out teams.

• LordTohes
    LordTohes Member Posts: 143

In this game it depends a lot on how you play and who you are playing against, it is a fun killer to use but it is definitely not the strongest. I have won many games with him and lost many too, if you ask about him because you want to buy it I would say take advantage to the fact that is a free killer and spend your points on it, but I don't think it's worth spending money on that killer

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

I've gotten to rank 2 with clown then got bored as hell grinding that much. So yes, any killer can be a good killer. It's you who makes them good or bad, not the character themselves. Also, gotten to rank 1 with Wraith. Both of these killers are considered bottom/mid tier by almost the entire community. Don't take other peoples gripes.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

He has strengths and weaknesses... but weaknesses kinda overweight the strengths so meh. Not very strong compared to any other killer. He has one of the strongest iridescent addons in the game though, that counts for something probably.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Against average to bad players he's totally fine. Against actually good players no, he's quite bad.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

In terms of power and pressure, he is the worst killer

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

He is perhaps the worst killer still. But some addons make him ok-ish. But it's not a killer you want to face skilled SWFs with.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

No, not at all at base. I could see an argument being made for him being decent if you run the Flask of Bleach and Cork Stopper every game, but without those (mainly the flask) he is awful. The reload is excruciatingly long, especially given how slow Clown moves during it, and the bottles do have as much of an effect as they should. They require a lot of skill to aim and use properly, and even then, the effect is incredibly underwhelming and is completely countered by merely dropping the pallet early. A lot of the time, even if he tries to direct the chase by blocking paths with clouds, survivors can just run through it and still get to the pallet. And that's all that he has! A mediocre chase-only power. It sounds good in theory but in practice is extremely underwhelming.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358