The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Game is almost unplayable at this point

I’m going to say about 50% of my games as a killer have at least one person disconnect. I’ve been playing for just under a year now and I’ve never, ever seen it as bad as it has been the past two to three months. Does the report button in the game actually do anything at all for those that DC constantly?

Comments

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

The report button won't do anything for habitual DC'ers. Instead the dev team have stats on every player and an "unknown" threshold for DC's that if players exceed, they become part of the ban waves that happen occasionally. For the past few months the threshold was made more lenient due to bugs that were/still are causing DC's, but from what the past dev update indicated, its been brought back to its previous level. Unfortunately no one is allowed to discuss bans on the forums, so unless the devs post something like a report that tells us a rough number of how many have been penalized for excessive DC'ing in the past few weeks (not likely)... we have no idea if it's even happening. This Past weekend saw a large rise in players because its a free weekend, and since many of the players are new and taking advantage of this, they are treating like a demo trial and aren't taking their matches seriously enough to worry about getting penalized for DC'ing. Hopefully when the free weekend event ends, the DC rate will drop again, but that's not saying much as the rate was already high due to the leniency on it for the past few months.

Furthermore the devs have stated that there won't be any real action to getting the DC epidemic under control until the Dedicated Servers are out and the Disciplinary Committee has been established. Unfortunately for us, this means another few months of watching the game dying painfully due to fed up players leaving/uninstalling the game until the DC'ing issue gets under control, and who can blame them? My only hope is that, by the time this does get under control, there will still be enough players left to save the game.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

You people that complain about NOED will be sorry if it ever gets nerfed or removed because many people are going to discover that you can fill that slot with a more useful perk that can be used for the longer duration of the game and can't be removed. I don't run it unless I'm in the mood for tears for this reason but I think it's good that there's always the possibility for survivors to go against it. Just like how there are survivor perks and scoring incentives for the killer to not camp or tunnel; NOED does the same thing on the other end. You don't have to get all of the gens done in under 4 minutes and can actually take a little time to look for bones.

I see a lot of people saying elsewhere that it ruins their fun which is silly to begin with because it's a competitive game and should be challenging... Still though NOED at best might take a bad killer or just someone having a bad game from going negative to MAYBE breaking even. Meanwhile you can pretty easily pip and even double pip without even making it out alive. If you don't want to break bones or choose altruism over reason than just accept that you're helping the killer out a little bit. So many people want their cake and to eat it too.

Really I think a lot of people just need to play more of both roles to understand how things actually work. Being a more often than not successful killer isn't easy as many survs think. Surviving can be hectic too but it's a lot more easy on the ranking end.

• Tensor
    Tensor Member Posts: 254

Um, This is a NOED topic. What are you on about in here?

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Tensor don't you know? Every topic is A NOED topic!

As for the DC question: yeah, this is the single biggest problem of DBD right now. Devs made some promises about sorting it out once dedicated servers will be here. While the current ban system is useless, I have some faith that they will actually put a more effective and strict system in place.

• RekShark179
    RekShark179 Member Posts: 29

I agree DC has actually never been this bad. Playing yesterday...so many times the first survivor gets floored and just DCs.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

The threads made by people who were banned for DCing disagree with you, but by all means, pretend that what you see multiple people do once is what they do 100% of the time.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

There's one thing and one thing only that makes console versions different from PC: console versions don't have Bill. Otherwise, everything is identical.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Weird... Cause when I play killer... I actually find survivors are rarely disconnecting on me.... even when I've gone full try hard.

Which is odd aswell.. since I've played as survivor and seen disconnects in matches all the time.

I see it more when I play survivor than killer in my experience.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    edited May 2019

To be fair those numbers don't mean much. The game was free for the past four days so it not only got the numbers of a free weekend plus more, it was also advertised as free on a the featured page as part of Steam's spring cleaning sale. Before the sale the average playerbase went back into the minus percentages.

Same thing happened with the Free weekend, double bloodpoint and Ash DLC all happening together. Numbers went into the green and then slowly went back to red.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

This is way im taking a break for a while cause with all of these players that are on first hook they dc. But I will be back once my break from this game is over:) see you survivors then:)

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

See you in a week!

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

Must have had multiple tabs open smarty pants. Happens when you've been up close to 30 hours sometimes. What's your excuse for not figuring out why the post may have seemed out of place?

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Well its still 36k after the free weekend, and I have seen quite a few Rank 20 Sruvivors in my games lately, so a lot of people did buy the game during the free weekend and we almost doubled our typical 20k playing population.

Business is good it seems.

• NeaJovovich
    NeaJovovich Member Posts: 234
    edited May 2019

This is what is happening - the Devs are caving into the Killah Mainz too much and the game is truly getting "unfun" for 4 out of the 5 people playing the match.

Thus, Survivor players aren't going to waste their time with an unfun OP killer or meme OP add ons.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

I feel like I might be in a minority group here, but people rarely DC in my games. Like almost never. Out of 10 games, I maybe get 1 DC, possibly 2, but no more than that.