The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Please Fix the Matchmaking

I am someone who doesn't play a lot due to being busy most of the time (Life itself, my self-employed job, ect.). The other times? Because the matchmaking is horrible IMO.

I am usually chilling at the lower ranks most of the time, which would be fine by me, but I always run into survivors that have themselves leveled up much more than I. That means they have better perks, more perk slots, and more skill; which puts me at a disadvantage when I play killer or the Achilles Heel when I play survivor sometimes. I fear that this issue can discourage new players that are coming in from the Memorial Day Sale and Summer Sale on Steam.

Here are a couple of ideas to fix this so the matches can be more fair for everyone; from newbies like myself to the skilled players that want a challenge.

Idea 1: Survivors near the killer's level are picked to join a server. For instance, my Nurse is at level 16. The game would pick survivors that are near that level and put them in the same server as me. For the skilled players playing in the lower ranks, they will only be placed in servers with high level killers.

Idea 2: This may sound similar to idea 1, but the placements will be based on the average rarity of the killer's perks and add ons. Since my Nurse only has rare perks with uncommon add ons, I would have survivors with near the same perk and add on rarities.

For both ideas, it will stay within the same ranks like normal. That way, there will still be the need to climb to the top upon each rank reset and room for natural growth of skill for others.

Even though this could help make matches more even, I understand that there may be some potential problems. What if games took forever to get started because of a shortage of particular players? That may discourage them to play because of the wait times. What would happen if the survivors are part of a group from survive with friends where one player may become an outlier? Would they have to average it out or have to rely on the highest level of the group? The main issue with that is a game that could be very hard for lower leveled players.

That's my proposal to correct the matchmaking in this game. I want to hear about what you think and I do hope the devs are around to hear me and the others out. Thanks for taking your time to read this.

PS: Don't reply with "Get gud, NEWB!!" or other things like that. That does not fix anybody's problems and, if I am not mistaken, it's against the site's ToS. Please don't do it.