Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I'm Done.

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Warlock_2020 Its sad some of us get lumped into their lot because they show to be the vocal minority sometimes.

I don't think BHVR really knows how to counter the issue, that or they just don't care I guess. Toxic play-styles are always rewarded in games, but for 3 years?...

• FireHazard
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited May 2019

@Mediva

You being on the killers mind as a variable at all helps. You leaving immediately reduces the amount of things the killer has to worry about.

If you DC for any reason like that, bbq spite, certain killers, etc, you're being a child. Take the win or loss, and move on. Or uninstall if you dont want to ACTUALLY play the game.

• Perelie
    Perelie Member Posts: 433

All talk and no action as usual. You guys have no intention on ever fixing this.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

thank god!

the current DC penalities are nothing more than a joke tbh...

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Maybe I read it wrong, but you said you toke a 3 month break and you made 5 matches, but you're rank 3. You said it's not an exaggeration, but it is if I'm not wrong.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Most games on console survivors DC because the killer tunnels them.

They DC on their death hook after being tunnelled through Borrowed Time.

I don't blame any survivor that DC's after being tunnelled.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Survivors can literally just do whatever without punishment

• FireHazard

I don't understand what you're asking me.

I took a three month break for an entirely different reason, and when I came back It was fine for a week or two. But that was probably because I didn't notice it until the night of this post.

Its not an over-exaggeration when I have screenshots to back it up, and at the time it was 5 matches in a row, at the end of that night it stopped at 9 before I got a headache and stopped playing after the last match I did where 4 people actually stayed the entire match.

I don't see how its over-exaggerating when I have literal visual proof of it happening...

• FireHazard
    edited May 2019

@CallMeSpidey Regardless, it shouldn't be taken into the Survivors hands to "punish" a killer by DCing for their toxic play-style.

They should be on-top of this so people are not inclined to do so, but as usual... Toxic play-styles are rewarded. They stopped rewarding camping, but tunneling is still an issue that people continue to do.

Under any circumstance though, you shouldn't DC. That's not supposed to be a way to punish anyone or in-general be a form of punishment.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Dcs HAVE to be top priority when dedicated servers come it can be passed or put off for 2 year or even Soon TM it has to be a package deal

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
  • FireHazard
    edited May 2019

The way Peanits wrote it sounded like they never originally had it with dedicated servers as a set thing in the first place.

By this I mean they only just figured to add it in later. I'm going off of what the Peanits said though, as this is the only real info we got on the situation at the moment.

I could be wrong though, but like I said. I don't know the full story behind it, this is the only real bit of info we've got.

• iamfloless
    iamfloless Member Posts: 5

Did nobody notice the way the spirit looks in his screenshot? Lol

• FireHazard

Someone above in the comments did yeah "It looks like a troll face" is what they said I believe.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

@Trevize Theres afew problems with that. For one, while it may sound good for you to get a backup teammate and still be playing, as anyone who plays Overwatch will tell you...It sucks to load into a losing match. Typically ppl ragequit when they're losing, so joining a game where 1 person is already dead , most of the pallets are already broken, Everyone is on death hook and theres still 4 gens to do... That sucks. Ppl wanna load into a game with a fresh start, not be stuck with someone else's losing match.

For the 2nd thing, you're saying they should load in AS that character and perks. So... if I wanna use my P3 Laurie with a build, im just not allowed to because the game decided to stick me in the body of a Quentin who's trying for the achievement of using only Quentin perks?

• LordGlint

@FireHazard Im curious how much the DC thing was taken into account when they released the data on the average kills and such. Between DCes counting as kills, and an early DC screwing over the other 3 survivors and getting THEM killed...seems like the data would be abit off.

• FireHazard

@LordGlint The data would be WAY off if that's the case.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    DC Punishments:

Escalation process will reset every 24 hours.

1st DC: No Punishment (Treat this as a warning)

2nd DC: 5 Minute Queue Penalty

3rd DC: 10 Minute Queue Penalty

4th DC: 15 Minute Queue Penalty

5th DC or More: 30 Minute Queue Penalty

Game Crashes/Timeouts will not count as Disconnects because it was the game that caused the DC, not you.

• FireHazard

I like it, but what about the bans? Do we hit a ban threshold sooner than what its already at or later like at 50%?

• LordGlint

@FireHazard Considering most of the time, the reason ppl DC is with the mindset that they can just hit quit and get into a "GOOD" game quickly, rather than stick out with the current "BAD" game until completion... If your stuck out of games for 30 minutes due to hitting that button, I doubt itll escalate to the point of needing to ban anyone.

• FireHazard

@LordGlint True, true. But people could possible go beyond that to see what the threshold is for themselves.

But then again, like for other games a time out would cause people to stop DCing all together to avoid the possible hour or day long time outs.

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

No it wouldn't. You'd see people suicide on first hook and deliberately get caught to get out of the match sooner. Punishing them isn't going to do much.

• FireHazard

Punishing DCs would solve a lot of issues actually.

suicide by hook is nothing anyone can fix unless you're penalized for that too.

• LordGlint

@Firehazard @baron

What do you think about "kobe"ing and struggle simply being removed from the game, unless someone has deliverence which would then give them the option to unhook themselves. This would prevent hook suicides.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

So, let's say BHVR releases a Killer that can down Survivors just by looking at them.

Now, does it sound like fun and fair for you? No, no it doesn't.

Is it a big balance issue? Yes, yes it is. Same thing with Prayer Beads. No counter and no nothing for it. DCing against that is understandable, because people are not going to play against something that: a) is not fun to play against and b) has no actual counterplay.

The a) part could be said about a lot of Killer addons, but some do indeed have counterplay, so DCing against that is ResidentSleeper.

Look at most Killer Addons, if they have a powerful effect, they also have some type of downside to them. Prayer Beads is literally just a straight up buff for Spirit for 6,000 BE.

People damn well know that this addon is BS. Stop trying to defend it.

DCing against a Killer you don't like / when you get a map you don't like etc. is NOT okay and I never said that it was. But it something has no counterplay to it and is super unfun aswell, I can see why it's happening. Yes, I know people DC whenever they want, but in cases like this it's understandable imo. Hell, people even DC against a Legion for some reason.

• FireHazard

@LordGlint Removing struggling from being picked up makes no sense.

If you mean by on the hook, then I don't know to be honest. I feel you should have a chance to unhook yourself as the mechanic does prove to be useful from time and time again.

Suicide by hook is going to be a thing, its nothing we can do to stop it. But if they implement a system that detects this it could punish them as such, or penalize them. Since dying on the hook is almost as bad as just DCing out right.

You should get something like in some games where you get a cool-down for dying early on in the game.

• FireHazard

@FeelsVeryBadMan You failed to see the point I made further on in the conversation.

I took Prayer beads off because I knew people like you would make that a argument to justify someone DCing. And guess what? People still DC'ed, and I only used Prayer Beads ONCE during that 9 match streak where 2 people+ DC'ed.

You can't justify DCing in a game, its not a thing. It doesn't matter if the Killer its toxic, or has a toxic-playstyle, or has add-ons or ability's you don't like. You joined that match knowing full well this stuff is in the game, but some people like to "Take matters into their own hands" and DC as a result.

You shouldn't DC because things are unbalanced or not punished, you should be looking into discussing about these things being changed. Because if you didn't know, some things people do discuss here actually make it to the devs ears. Shocking, I know... It may not seem that way, but they listen from time to time.

• LordGlint

@FireHazard Yes, i meant the struggle phase on hook. Simply take away the button jamming part, which no one likes killing their controller or keyboard. As far as Kobe goes, MOST of the time ppl attempt the unhook without deliverance, its to suicide anyway.

• FireHazard

@LordGlint It would solve the issue yes, but then people would probably debate a lot if this should be a thing or not. (that's if anyone cares to anyways)

To your question, yes it would fix the problem. Do I agree with it? I neither agree nor disagree since I don't care much for kobeing or struggling on hook, but I'm not so sure removing those mechanics would make sense mechanic wise in the game itself. I say that because what would we be left with? Just rotting on the hook until someone gets you for both hooks?

And people would heavily debate that they shouldn't even be thought of being removed.

• LordGlint

@FireHazard Its 2 minutes total...

• FireHazard

@LordGlint People on here have complained about less.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Killers DC for dumb reasons too. Chase a survivor and get hit by 3 pallets without getting a hit? DC. Ruin pops before they get a hook? DC. Get DS'd or flashlight'ed? DC. Chase 1 survivor for 4 gens when you should have just given up the chase long ago? DC. Get a map you don't like? DC.

This is a player problem, not a survivor or killer problem. Too many players on both sides have egos and can't take an L. Then they never get better because they never challenge themselves. You don't get better at a game by winning, you get better by losing.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The problem is that a lot of survivors assume the worst and DC immediately. Sometimes I return to the hook or camp because it's just the optimal play to find a new victim. I'm not purposely going for the guy that got saved, but sometimes bad luck happens and I find them first. So I slug them and go off looking for another guy, but they DC assuming I am tunneling. They've been conditioned by so many toxic killers that when they get a killer that actually plays fair and are just unlucky, they bail.

• NMCKE

In theory, the DCer won't reach the threshold because the penalties would have discouraged them from DCing even more.

• FireHazard

True, a system like this would work wonders. I dont understand why its not implemented. Perhaps its because it could detect freezes as DCs so they dont want to risk that?

• NMCKE

The developers should already have code in the game that detects a malfunction. If they already do, whenever the code detects a malfunction, it should also not count your DC because it wasn't your fault that the game wanted to screw up.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

The penalty system will do nothing. After the last ban wave, I saw less DCs for a week but suicide on hook skyrocketed. The problem comes down to why are so many DC'ing? At first, I think they DC'd for somewhat legit frustrations of balance issues like hit boxes or killers camping/tunneling. Now, I think the epidemic has gotten out of hand and many just DC at the first sign of something they dislike.

Not sure there is an easy fix to this. Punish survivors and you get suicide on hook or they quit playing, throwing off the ratio and increasing que times.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Prayer beeds is an addon that is countered by a lot actually... OoO, spinechill, premonition, dark sense, alert (to an extent) these are just perks off the top of my head and perks can be used every game.... then theres keys addons that reveal the killers auras... and we haven't even gotten into playstyle... you're whining about an addon that's very rare and canr be used every game and before the adjustment it wasnt worth very rare.....it shouldnt have even an addon, that's worthless it was because a noise is a noise it doesnt matter if it's a low/quiet sound it's still there yelling to everyone "HEY THE SPIRIT IS COMING!" ..... so there is plenty of counter to the addon......

• CallMeSpidey

Why not fix the issues this game has before issuing punishments or threats.

Tunneling. Camping. Getting hit through pallets, windows, vaults, while falling from a 2nd story window.

Players get mad, it happens in all games.

And don't say "tHats lAtenCy" because hitboxes have been an issue for months.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

@FireHazard Has the amount of DC's stayed consistent since your op? If not you might have just hit some bad luck. Also were you playing Spirit all night? If so that could be part of the cause. Understand I'm not condoning it. I have a theory that people are dcing against certain killers in an attempt to get them nerfed as they did with Legion.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@thrawn3054 of course people are. Theres no DC punishment and Legion got changed basically because of it. They see what gets things done. Albeit in a ######### fashion.

• thrawn3054

@Carpemortum I can only guess, but I think that is (at least in part) what was happening to FireHazard. I do personally find Spirit annoying to play against, but hardly worth dcing over.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

People don't DC about OP setups. People DC because they don't want to lose.

People DC when they're downed too fast, when their teammates rescue them unsafely etc.

Thing is, if you're not ready for the possibility of losing, DON'T PLAY THE DAMN GAME.

It's such an entitled, spoiled thing to do. "Well I'm probably gonna lose so bye". Every game has people winning AND people losing. Sometimes you'll lose. If you DC because of that you're a ######### competitor.

• CallMeSpidey

Killers DC when their totems spawn next to a survivor and it gets cleansed in the first 20 seconds of the match.

I've seen it, I'm sure you've seen it.

How would you explain that? You spawn to lose.

• thrawn3054

People DC for a bunch of reasons. Not all those reasons are because they don't want to lose or because of some childish reason.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Discuss what? Many people and many Fog Whisperers already said that this addon is complete OP garbage and should be changed. People have been saying this for a long time and... yeah. Nothing.

People DC'd against you for no reason? Yeah, that's bad and should be punished.

I am 100% okay with losing and I know it's part of a PvP game, however, everything should have a counterplay and Spine Chill or other detection perks don't count, because how in the hell am I supposed to know that I'm gonna get a Prayer Beads Spirit? And taking it every game just in-case I do get one is stupid.

Let me give you an example: The devs have released a new 6,000 BE addon for flashlights. This addon stuns the killer for 10 seconds everytime the killer gets blinded. Just like Beads, no downside, OP af effects. Would you play against this? I think not, and if you say you would, you are a big fat liar.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Okay so these things are to the point where its almost like beating a dead horse but I'm going to reply anyways..... now "tunneling" is going for the weaker prey... if someone decides to be dumb and prettymuch farm someone else off the hook honestly why would the killer go for the person that needs 2 hit instead 1... it's a bad play to go for the person that requires 2 instead 1 and it would be rewarding the survivor who farmed because the killer gives them a safe hook rescue... is tunneling a prickish strat YES! Same goes for camping nobody likes camping... but its easily countered by doing the 1 and only objective that survivors have.... gens....... now vaulting..... killers have arms and in their hands they have weapons they can reach through windows this has been confirmed the devs... hits through windows are intended.... if you stand too close to the window you'll get hit.... now sometimes latency and crap will allow for some bad hits like when you vault and take 4 steps but still get knocked down that's BS but killers have and should always be able to get hits through windows if they cant windows would be wayyy too strong and survivors would be prettymuch immortal on lery or the downstairs of The Game map

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

That's bullshit too.

You're running a hex perk. Accept the risk that it'll be cleansed right away.

Doesn't make it justifiable. I agree with them not punishing DCs harshly because the game is finnicky af, but when dedicated servers roll out DCs SHOULD be punished, like in any other multiplayer game. No matter why you do it, DCs ruin the health of any online multiplayer game. If you get so tilted that you have to DC, make you should take a time off the game to chill out a bit.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Here's a truth everybody ignores:

Doing gens to counter tunneling.... doesn't counter tunneling for the guy on the hook! And this is the real problem with this mentality that you can counter tunneling by doing gens.

You don't. The guy on the hook doesn't feel any better that all the gens are done and he's still dead on the hook and didn't get to play the entire time.

Get that through your heads, people of the fog.