If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Can the Entity be physically injured?

Options
No_Mither_No_Problem
No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

It’s implied that as powerful and otherworldly as it is, the Entity is a mortal creature. When Survivors are sacrificed, the Entity steals a piece of their soul to increase its power, but the false hope of Survivors that they’ll escape the realm is what the Entity actually feeds on—as in, what it needs to sustain itself. Perhaps if the Entity is a mortal creature, it can be mortally wounded as well.

But the question is: how does one do this?

In Kate Denson’s backstory, it says she attempted to fight the Entity before she was taken by throwing a rock at it. However, the Entity’s limbs were described as being hard as iron and the rock had no effect. So obviously, it can be assumed through the Entity’s otherworldliness that it can’t be hurt through comventional tools. You’d need something unconventional to injure it.

Fortunately, the Fog may hold just that: unconventional weaponry.

Take a look at some of the Items—particularly, the especially powerful ones. The Huntress’s Iridescent Head Add-on, for example, is explicitly stated to be made from the Entity’s power and energy. Other particularly powerful items are also described as pulsing or glowing with some sort of energy, and I believe it’s safe to assume these items are made of the same stuff the Iridescent Head is made of. Items like the Wraith’s “Spirit” series of Add-ons, the Trapper’s “Iridescent Stone” Add-on, and the Flashlight’s “Odd Bulb” Add-on, to name a few.

These are molded from the Fog itself. They contain the power of the Entity within them. That’s a lot more powerful than any rock.

I think it may be possible to use these against the Entity. If someone were to take a Huntress hatchet with an Iridescent Head Add-on and strike the Entity with it, they just might be able to cut the skin. How much it’ll hurt the thing, I don’t know. Will it kill it? I don’t know. But it may be possible to fight the Entity by using its own power against it.

Comments

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    Options
    I’ve always had a hunch that something was special about the iridescent add-ons. It’d be really nice to get further information on this in the future, like what really is the connection of iridescence to the Entity?
  • Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 191
    Options

Flashlights hurt the entity I believe. The Hag's trap, the Wraiths power, and the nurses blink charge up are all heavily effected by flashlights, and are also the only powers which directly tap into the entity.

• Oink_Oink
    Oink_Oink Member Posts: 79
    Options

i think it can.perhaps it can starve without hope

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,187
    Options

I believe that it can only be hurt in the spirit realm, (Im taking this from another post I saw before that went really into detail, I forgot the name of the user) All the killers that got their powers from the Entity, (Wraith, Nurse and Hag) have a weakness to them. Light. Wraith can be burned by a simple a concentrated beam of light, same goes for Nurse, she goes into fatigue and Hag can get her traps removed. All these killers can reach the Spirit Realm. (Wraith goes into the realm when cloaked, Nurse when she blinks, and Hag when she teleports) with However another realm is the Dream Realm. That belongs to Freddy, and its clearly shown that his power is not weakened by flashlights. So I believe that if I survivor can somehow reach the Spirit Realm. And have something that can project a strong enough beam of light. It can either injure or even kill the entity.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited July 2018
    Options

Yes, with light. That is the entity weakness. I suppose you burn his eyes so that count as physical injury :P

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

The Entity is an unobservable (Noumenon) and due to entity realism, what you've described is manipulative success of phenomenons.

Remember, In the fog it is The Entity

But yes, Light does seem to be a genuine weakness.