The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Battle Pass is Dumb

Vetrathene
Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Obviously the devs didn't even look or care abut the survey, just like PTBs and anything else, because they have no competition in this genre so they know they can get away with whatever they want. I really want something to come out to make these devs sweat.

Comments

• Ghost_Potato
    Ghost_Potato Member Posts: 59

It is a scummy tactic just like $10 skin in a $20 game.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I think it's pretty smart for everyone actually

• Erogotic
    Erogotic Member Posts: 11

Most of the stuff in game that would give an "advantage" cosmetic wise is free to obtain based off time in game, same with killers. A battle pass is perfectly fine if you want them to be able to keep supplying updates.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

Did they release the survey results or are you just assuming?

• Chad_Kensington
    Chad_Kensington Member Posts: 44

So don’t buy it. It’s just more revenue for the devs to have to continue working on this game. Unlike Ft13th, masters of take the money and run.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2019

This is a terrible argument. Battle Passes are a predatory practice that preys on people's fear of missing out, and promotes unhealthy habits like grinding for long periods of time in order to not miss out on content.

The people who say it's "cosmetic only" really are downplaying the voices of players that strive for 100% in the games they play. A Battle Pass also incentivizes players to play only one game, and favors those that have too much time on their hands, and not those that have full time jobs or college. It's a very anti consumer practice that people really shouldn't be apologetic towards. God forbid you're interested in MULTIPLE games that have passes, like Apex Legends, Fortnite, Dauntless etc etc. It's extremely anti consumer.

The only way I'll be ok with the Rift is if they put the cosmetics in the store after the season ends, considering they told us they don't want to make exclusive content anymore. So they possibly are going back on something they said in the past.

Wouldn't be the first time honestly. And no, I'm not going to forgive the Rift being there just cause we have the Archives. All content added to a game should be accessible for the duration of the game's life span. This goes for every single video game ever made. This also isn't a F2P, so the fact someone has to either pay for more content that isn't DLC chapters, or spend dozens of hours grinding to get the necessary Shards is really putting a bad taste in my mouth. It isn't about caring what OTHER people spend their money on. It's about bad business practices that prey on certain aspects of the human psyche in order to generate artificial playtime.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

All the casuals are going to defend this system. Noone is a real gamer like back then when trash like that wasn't a thing.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

"high quality" yet we still have clipping and hair bugs.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i have nothing against the addition of an battlepass.

it will give us free stuff, not have any pay2win added to it (as stated by the devs), and will give long time players a reason to play and put time into the game again.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Yeah. How do you exactly know how many people voted on what answer? Any link?

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

you can help here lots of good games coming out soon. Hide or Die, Gold Express and Monstrum 2. get into them games testing and help shape the game the way it needs to be shaped.

• JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166

I'm glad there are more people out there who dislike scummy business models. This game is slowly transforming from unique game to casual cash grab. I remember they wanted this game to be unique and serious when it comes to horror genre, but it's slowly becoming comedy with the silly skins they make, but hey it's BHVR, they change opinions every week so nothing surprising after all..

• Vetrathene

I really hope Hide or Die takes a good chunk of this games business. I'm planning on getting it as soon as I can, here's hoping its good, here's hoping its better then DBD.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

I don't get what the big deal on the Battle Pass is. Maybe I just don't understand it. Have they actually given specific details on what it will be about/include?

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114

I don't understand why everyone is so upset about something that doesn't have an effect on how the game is played and likely won't give anyone an advantage in game play.

If you think it's a "scummy tactic" then don't participate.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Vetrathene so you want dbd to "die"?

• Vetrathene

I want DBD to improve in a more beneficial manner to all of the players, but I don't think it will go that way until they have true competition.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

"Obviously the devs didn't even look or care abut the survey"

Wait, you have the survey results?