The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Does toxicity scale with rank?

mistar_z
mistar_z Member Posts: 857

Not sure if I really want to know for sure but what are people's thoughts on this.

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Toxicity is everywhere no matter the rank, I don't see why it would matter where more of it is... Mainly because it can happen anywhere.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73

As Killer, red rank survivors and mainly SWF groups tend to be horrible.

Other then that I see it when someone gets killed that wont admit they made a potato move and blames the killer and this happens at any rank.

As survivor, toxic killers, face camp at first hook (Camping after the doors are open, what can a survivor expect). This tends to happen from rank 10-15, the strat does not carry up the food chain as survivors will just gen rush and take the 1 kill hit.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Seems like it gets worse the higher you go. Red ranks egos are HUGE. If they went down it definitely isn't because they got outplayed.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

While toxicity is definitely present at all ranks, I personally think there's less of it as you scale up. Most toxic people are the self-centered arrogant type who refuse to learn and blame everybody else for anything that goes wrong. And people who refuse to admit to their mistakes and learn from them don't progress very fast. However, a number of those people still do make it to higher ranks purely through massive playtime instead of more rapid skill gain. But as I rank up, I definitely hear less stupid statements about using obvious perks and strategies.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

It is high at grey and red ranks, due to smurfing. Dips in the green ranks from my experience.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I find more toxicity at the green ranks. Never really found a lot of toxicity in my experiences at red ranks. Then again, I am on PS4 so it might have been just Survivors being too lazy to send a message.

• mistar_z

people being mad at you in the chat, going on your steam and leave hateful comments, using slurs/hatespeech because you didn't follow noneexistent rules or let them have an easy win, or extreme cases where they harrass you and your friends on social media.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

This. I don't have to follow survivor's made up rules.

• Ghostface_Main_TBH
    Ghostface_Main_TBH Member Posts: 58

Lower rank people are sick of face camping, and higher rank people are sick of how repetitive the game is. Toxic messages and disconnects will follow you no matter how high of a rank you are.

• mistar_z

lol i just had a group get mad at me spamming ez because i had the audacity to use rancor. i don't understand lol, i didnt camp them i hooked everyone once for my bbq stack and i let them leave but they act like i arn over their dog.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

No, it doesn't scale. The most toxic games are at the lowest and highest ranks. The best games are usually around the middle ranks, about 8-12. This is where a lot of great matches occur.