The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Thoughts/Opinions on Camping

I was wondering what opinions were on camping. On high ranks people know how to deal with it and think it’s fine but on low ranks, everyone feels the need to save someone on hook while the killer is camping. Also, do you think there is a difference between proximity camping and face camping?

Comments

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    edited June 2019

Pathetic. The killer is desperate, obviously not comfortable being killer or in his/her skills.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited June 2019

Camping is a terrible idea against a team that knows what they are doing and punishes the tactic by gen rushing.

But if all the survivors come to the hook and the killer knows they are - the killer has no logical reason to leave at that point as nobody is doing gens.

If survivors don't pressure the killer to leave by popping gens, it's not the killer's fault.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

If I see your buddies by the hook waiting for me to get a few meters away, I'm not leaving

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    edited June 2019

While I certainly don't condone unjust camping, it is a necessary evil depending on the circumstance, I certainly wouldn't call it pathetic, desperation maybe.

Edit:

I need to lay off the weed. But as for what I think about Proximity and 'Face' camping, it's situational. If you're running BBQ and see no one, that should give you reason to think people are nearby. Face camping as you know it was removed, the term is HARD camping, which is being a few mere meters away. This is when you want to insure a kill and thus is pretty eh.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

Like anything else it's situational. Against highly altruistic Survivors a Killer has no real reason NOT to proximity camp. It can also depend on perks, Dying Light for example. If I run Dying Light and I find my obsession, it might be prudent for me to camp my hooked obsession to get Dying Light to go off.

Of course there is always the reverse of camping. If Survivors know you are camping a hooked Survivor, there is very little chance they will come for the save. I've escaped quite a few games because the Killer wanted to camp which gave me time to run gens or find the hatch. Kindred makes it even better since that perk actively punishes the Killer by letting all Survivors know that the Killer is indeed camping.

tl;dr Camping is like any other strategy, situational and with just as much potential for success as failure.

• keenko
    keenko Member Posts: 62

It really is just a case by case thing, same to an extent with tunneling. It can be very frustrating when done out of ignorance or to be a dick but there are times where a killer is justified to. I’d say in lower ranked games it’s a lot more common to run into those killers who are camping because they’re bad or mad tho.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I'd say it's more likely they just don't know better and survivors aren't punishing the behavior properly at that rank.

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192

Mindlessly camping is (and should be) basically throwing the game against survivors that are any good.

It's not really camping in the first place if you hook someone and see survivors swarming the hook though. But at that point it's not mindless, it just makes sense. Same for when gates are opened.