If this game is survivor favored then why...

2»

Comments

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

You're one to talk about interpreting the data when you by your own admission think the data is just wrong and disregard it as irrelevant.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

Who's fault is that? The devs have literally made it so you are required to be overly altruistic if you even want a chance to pip.

• Perelie
    Perelie Member Posts: 433

This is probably why they refuse to do anything about DC's. They can have it skew the stats and count DC's as "losing" so they can tell us that survivors aren't winning as easily as we think.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Heroiq No u. You read the date! :0

• GrootDude

@Heroiq don’t be silly, we don’t read dates here. :P (I’m not exactly being serious in this thread)

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Well, a 43% survival rate is pretty good if you take a look at the insane amount of dc's.

Or were matches with any kind of dc's excluded from the statistics?

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

I dont think we share the same definition of "being over altruistic"

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

The gap between killer and survivor has closed a lot in the last year but because the change was gradual, it's been hard to notice. While overall a good survivor is stronger than a good killer, because the skill gap was reduced, a lot of survivors who could get by before are now suddenly more challenged, while the absolute top tier survivors remain unaffected. The skill cap for being able to outplay good killers was raised so less people are being able to do it than before, but the tools are still there for the most skilled survivors and fully favors them.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

It's 50% because they count DCs, when someone DCs it screws the game over, and Survivors at Rank 1 have so much power over the Killer, they legit don't give two flying ######### if they die. They are already the top Rank.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

You've answered your own post by this.

DBD is still survivor favor but that doesn't mean that survivors will win most of their matches but rather that if they do their best and tryhard with best build and rush gens while also are good at stealth and looping/mindgaming then even best killers like nurse can barely keep up.

But as you said we have A LOT of bad survivors in DBD and that's main reason why surviovrs aren't receiving any seriously hard nerfs.

It's a difficult thing to balance since DBD's playerbase skill levels are so spread. You can't hard nerf pro SWF groups beacuse mediocre players will suffer significantly yet letting them have their reign isn't good either.

I think that main reason why is DBD still survivor favored is the minimum lenght of the matches. Games can last far too short if survivors focus only on gens. So that's why we need another important objective for survivors to do. There is nothing worse as killer then having a match that last 5-8 minutes. I hope that devs can figure fair way to make games longer while keeping it fun for both sides.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

It's also important to note that being a 4-man team that is individually weaker than the killer, Survivors need coordination to pull off their wins over a killer. No survivor can win alone.

A killer is neither bogged down or helped by teammates. This allows the killer to be more consistent. It's all his skill.

Survivors don't have that luxury, and when the teamwork goes well it's a multiplier effect on their skill levels. Whereas if the teamwork is bad even the best survivors will be brought low.

The balance frankly is fine. I don't think the game is "survivor sided" because it takes a lot more skill to get that perfect coordination (even with comms) in the survivor team than even the highest skill ceiling killer needs.

If survivor can pull it off, more power to them. They outplayed the killer. If the killer outplays them, more power to him. People are focusing too much on "survivor-sided" when the truth is, this is only the case in the most optimal conditions -- and those aren't common.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@Tensor I'm down for u having that chance as long as I get that chance to kill u =p now if only they would make DC's corrupt your data like good old fsod on pso.

• Tensor
    Tensor Member Posts: 254

I like a fair match. Sure, you can have your shot at killer me, that the point of the game. I just want equal chances to live.

DC'er. Ban them all. A good ban wave will straighten a few out.

PS4, 10 games last night, A DC in at leave 9 of them! Had 2 games that had 3 DC's. One killer was good and gave hatch. But, still sucks when they dont (not that they have to, but personally I let the person escape as it wasnt there fault their teammate suck

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Rank 6/4s are much more skilled than rank 1s

Saying this out of personal experience

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Tensor It's not the killer's fault when one or multiple survivors are dc'ing, either. It's nice if the killer gives the hatch but I wouldn't expect it.

dc's are a problem for everybody. Like you, I hope the next ban wave comes soon.

• Tensor
    Tensor Member Posts: 254

I never said it was the killer fault. Why would you even take that from what I said! I said was killer was good and gave hatch. I didnt say the anything against the one that didnt, they did their job of killing and that was that. Please stop looking for anti-killer sentiment were it doesnt exist.

• GrootDude

Why is this revived? I wasn’t even being serious when I made this.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Hence "you by your own admission think the data is just wrong and disregard it as irrelevant."

I came to that conclusion by interpreting the data, which is something clearly out of your reach.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Survival rate means nothing when people can pip up and die at the same time.

Are you guys really still gobbling up their stats?

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

I just popped in to say something but after reading a lot of this stuff, I'll just show myself the door.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited June 2019

Just because most survivors are potatoes it doesn't mean game is biased against them.

No matter how good the killer is, if its not Spirit, Nurse or Trapper balanced landing allows good survivors to loop for good 2-3 minutes just in one structure on 6 maps currently (indefinately if survivor is really, really good due to constant lack of vision which denies bl). Let me also remind you, that removal of too many windows and pallets was reverted back. Killer perks considered top tier have very, very easy and efficient counterplays, while almost none of survivor perks does not (ds beeing exception).

If that is biased against survivors for you then we have nothing to talk about. Game was, is and always will be balanced in favour of survivors simply because it needs more of them to function.

• WildDovami
    WildDovami Member Posts: 56

I've played on SWF teams. They get super confident and end up ######### me over LOL