Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Win Conditions

Mringasa
Mringasa Member Posts: 980

What are your own personal win conditions? Who cares what the Developers say, I want to see what you personally consider a 100% win on your part.

Survivor - Pip + a minimum of 15k Bloodpoints. That means I've helped my team out, done Objectives, and generally did a good job as a Survivor. Whether I escape or not is completely irrelevant.

Killer - 2 Kills + 1 Hook. Not an equivalent either. 2 dead Survivors + at least 1 extra hook in another. I've wiped out half the playing field, and done more than 50% of my Objectives. 1 dead Survivor normally means a Pip for me, or close to it, plus 15k+ Bloodpoints. That is not a win to me in any form. At least 2 people should be dead, and I'll be getting 20k+ for that almost guaranteed. That's my win as a Killer.

Overall it has to be fun too. If this is boring AF, or I'm running circles around people, it's not fun and I won't consider it a win. Much prefer a tense and active game where I'm a little excited and enjoying myself.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

As Survivor: surviving.
    As Killer: 3+ kills. 2 is a tie, and 0-1 is a loss.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

Survivor: Surviving.
    Killer: 8 Hooks. I want to get everybody to struggle. Don't care if any of them die.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Survivor: 1 pip minimum, even if I die in my regards it means I did enough to deserve to rank up.

Killer: 2 Kills. I wouldn't consider 1 a lose but it wasn't a win.

• xavi_yei
    xavi_yei Member Posts: 3

25k+ BP
    Pip And Rank is irrelevant for me

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

Survivor: A pip is a win. For the most part, I think the current pip system for survivor adequately measures your contribution.

Killer: 2 kills and a pip. If I get 2 kills I'm very likely to pip anyway, because I play very actively, running around the map and getting in as many chases as possible. If I manage to get 2 kills but not pip, it's a draw and it probably means the survivors were very stealthy and clever. If I get less than 2 kills, it's a loss.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

As a survivor, just escaping or doing well and dying. I don't expect to escape every single time, but as long as I did a lot, that's fine for me.

As a killer, mostly pipping. I don't care so much about kills as much about how well I did in chases. If I hooked everyone twice and three escape, I feel like I did better than if I hooked three people once and camped them to death.

I've got very nebulous standards.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    Survivor - Escape = Win 
    Killer - 3-4k = Win

Super simple.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

As a survivor i focus on having fun. If i get a decent amount of points and safety pip i consider that a win. I dont care if i die just so long as it was a good game. As a killer i consider it a win if i get 3 or more kills. 0 - 2 kills just does not feel like i was an accomplished killer.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Survivor: escaping or having outplaying a cheating a Killer for a considerable amount of time.

Killer: 4 kills/sacrifices/bleed-outs.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    As a killer 2 kills (unless I’m the nurse 1 hook is good since I suck with her and if I get a kill I’m shocked) as for survivor I don’t really have any winning conditions I just play it to have fun
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

As a survivor: Escaping or doing well enough to pip if I die
    As a killer: 4k is awesome, 3k is the minimum for a win for me, 2k is a draw, 1k or nobody is a loss.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I rate my game based on Bloodpoints. Until Rank is rewarded.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Honestly, I win if I had fun. I dont care if I pip or bloodpoints or kills. Just my view on it.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Survivor: Escape
    Killer: 4k/hatch

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

For killer, I need to kill at least 2 people. And PIP and I consider that a win.

Anything less feels short of a win.

For survivor if you don't survive you don't win. Period. Regardless if you pip.

• cTrix
    cTrix Member Posts: 122
    edited July 2018

Suvivor: Pip or escape, either one.
    Killer: Just get as many bloodpoints as possible. Kills are only 2k points that ######### is worthless. But also: facecamping the toxic suvivor is a win.

I get 80+k BP each killer match with BBQ and half the time the suvivors are like "gg you deserve the win" or something like that. You all toxic ass-holes should learn how to be a decent human being and also grow up since you're all like 16

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Since I an only going to play survivor now, I'd say...

At least two gens completed with my help or by myself.
    Surviving the game.
    Being able to keep the killer in a chase long enough for two or more gens to be completed. 
    Having fun.

I would always be Huntress as a Killer. So a win for Killer would be:
    Cross-map hatchet throw.
    2 kills. At least.
    Having fun.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

I just want a fun enough round and I consider it a win. I don't care if I kill/not kill, survive/not survive as long as I got enough from the round.
    There has been several 0-1k that have been way more fun to me than random 4ks. I actually quit the game for a few days when I'm forced to play some low ranks at times, because getting easy 4k is one of the most boring experience ever.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604
    For me I view the after game scoreboard as showing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and Last Place based on points gained during the match by everyone.

If I am in the top 3, I am happy and consider it a win.

It would be nice too if they could add 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on medals next to the usernames in the scoreboard
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

killer - 3 sacrafices or if they have a toxic survivor I would consider only killing him/her a win also.

Survivor - Be the only one getting killed as my team escapes.

• Doccy
    Doccy Member Posts: 103

@Runiver said:
    I just want a fun enough round and I consider it a win. I don't care if I kill/not kill, survive/not survive as long as I got enough from the round.
    There has been several 0-1k that have been way more fun to me than random 4ks. I actually quit the game for a few days when I'm forced to play some low ranks at times, because getting easy 4k is one of the most boring experience ever.

Preach it, friend. Some of the best games I've ever had was a 1k.

That being said, I really don't actually have win conditions for myself in DbD. All I think of is whether the game was fun or if it wasn't. If it was fun, I consider it a win. If not, it's a loss.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

Survivor: Escaping / Spawning next to killer hex totem
    Killer: 3k / Killing that one survivor who brought a flashlight / Killing everyone except David

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Survivor: Pipping. I don't care about surviving, if I pip I will know I did well. Bonus if Evader is my best emblem.
    Killer: 2-4k. I don't play much killer though, generally stay at the lower ranked side of it. Depipping now, so that is nice.

• HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    @Mringasa
    Honestly I don't care if I win or I lose . I just want dbd to be a fun game where people respect each other and toss a gg afterwards as so many fun games out there . if it's a gg no matter what , I have won that game :)
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Killer: 3k =win until the hatch situation is taken care of.
  • Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

It's nice to see the large variety of responses. Lot of people have a lot of different ideas of what is their win. 100% agree with Runiver and all of you who have responded the same, the game has to be fun to play, and not just a steamroll imo. Much prefer the nailbiters, even when I get rekt.