The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone else want to play certain killers but doesn't because they would have a hard time?

Judith
Judith Member Posts: 819
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

I envy people who play all the killers all the time.

I feel safest with Michael right now. Spirit is good but lacks personality.

I would love to play Legion again or try Pig more, maybe Freddy. But I don't think I will be good with them as much as I am with Myers.

Comments

• Judith
    edited June 2019

Yeah but there are people here playing those killers. Judging by the posts. Whenever I see it I have the urge to play them myself but I chicken out from ptsd. :D

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

I have fun PLAYING certain Killer, I dont give much crap about losing or winning when I do it. Why ppl so eager to have "win" right away?

Trapper is pretty easy to have fun times and good wins, all you need is dark traps and sense of map - dont place in obvious places, never place right in the pallet, utilize high grass around loops. ######### loads of trapped ppl. Best feeling with Trapper - Gotcha, #########!

Plague - infect as much people as possible at start of trial and start down broken, use thanatophobia and enjoy corrupt purge.

Clown - just roam around with turbo build, forcing pallets and aim bottles high in loops to cover it all.

Don't "try" to win - take Killer you want to play, try new builds, enjoy :)

@SpaceCoconut I've signed to your YT channel, I see you tunnel a lot during games without Ruin, and running NOED. Getting Brutal with 4k is not really fun as for me, you need to change your playstyle a bit to commit to early game more.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Would love to play Spirit but sounds are a complete mess.

• Frozenscum
    edited June 2019

It is nothing wrong with sounds, stop listening tru3. Sounds are lower in volume, but they are not messed up.

P.S. Why ppl downvote me? :D BHVR lowered volume of all sounds and distance from which you hear different sounds intentionally, it is not a bug or something. Adapt, guys. It will not be changed back.

P.P.S. I linked screenshot from another thread to show that you can 4k with perkless no-beadsSpirit in purple ranks with current sounds.

Post edited by Frozenscum on
  • MathewMii
    MathewMii Member Posts: 62

The killer role is very tough right now because the matchmaking is not very good. I would still play any killer that's required for a daily ritual task so I can learn what to do and what not to do as the said killer and earn a lot of blood points to spend on my favorites.

Also, don't take tier lists too seriously. This piece of advice should be taken to any game that has one because some notable toxicity is based on this information. Playing as an OP character? Expect nasty commentary and put downs. Playing as a weak character? Expect to be mocked. Just play as whoever you like, develop strategies, and carry on.

I hope this helps.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I went from Hillbilly to Wraith.

That should tell you enough.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

Trapper.

He just needs few small buffs.

I only really play Spirit, Billy and Huntress but it gets boring... :/

I'd love to play others but I don't wanna kill myself doing it.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I play PS4. So...Nurse.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Nurse due to being on console. Can not do quick snap blink hits because of framerate and other issues.

Everyone else I do play a fair bit, some more than others depending on which I have add-ons for....really hate how dependant some Killers really are on em

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

Because you are here to tell everyone they need to stop doing certain things to make you have an easy game and the sounds ARE messed up. Also, don't put your survivor thoughts in a killer forum.

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

yes thats why im keeping my rank 8-10 all killers are viable at this rank and its fun to play :D

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I have fun with nurse and only her. But I got Lery’s recently and took a killer break.

• Frozenscum

Girl, I'm Killer main in red ranks, playing survivor in drunk fridays. If you can't recognize MESSED up sounds from lowered up sounds, you better clean your ears and shut the ######### up.

• screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213

I haven’t had much experience with killers other than pig and billy as I’ve enjoyed playing both, I wanna play nurse especially to unlock nurses calling but I’m such a potato with her blink it’s embarrassing.

I want to play huntress more because I know her range is favourable but again potato aim I know it’s probably just practise but I also kinda blame console

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 2019

I’m kinda doing this, not entirely on purpose (don’t play every day etc) but yeah it does let me switch out to whoever I want, and I’m loving it, it’s not really worth the bother to sweat it out to go through red ranks currently anyway and is the goal of people who play regularly I guess (or it happens passively) It’s how I recently picked up spirit and how I’m going to try out console nurse on next season reset. It means I can switch between doctor, pig, trapper, clown etc and still have a fun match and I play fair as possible, it’s just a lot less stress than competitive ranking.

To be fair though, there’s no truth to the rank system anyway, as a survivor there’s no difference to me between a rank 12 and a rank 3 killer, for killer there’s sometimes rank 14s that will trash you running meta perks (usually while I’m learning a killer at that rank) then rank 8 potatoes the next match. I’m pretty sure most are doing this from experiences on both sides. The new rank system is more “how much/often do you play?” Everyone just seems to play a bit more chill at mid ranks (12-8) with more interesting perk combos

If I’m trying competitively though I rotate through wraith, Freddy, hag and Myers. Not the best team but apparently it works, I get bored of playing any character compulsively, probably add spirit to that team list soon too.

Best way to learn a new character without getting full abuse though is to wait a few days after rank reset, then play a few hours with that killer alone, learn their addons as you go, put any bp back into them. Inevitably probably will get bullied the first few matches but just know you’re getting better and starting to get 3-4K against survivors above your killer rank with a new killer, super satisfying.

• Judith

Spirit is viable in my opinion. I had fun with her.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,189

I mean...you're wrong. There's no other way to put it. I've posted in the Bug Reports subsection about cases where Spirit loses the ability hear survivors cries of pain after the first hook at times. The music that plays when you have a survivor on your shoulder can persist for an entire match if someone d/c's when you pick them up. These are all documented bugs that people have experienced.

• Frozenscum

Music plays after DC on shoulder is a bug for ALL killers, not just Spirit. It is probably affects mostly Spirit and Nurse, but it is overall bug.

I'm saying not about gamewide bugs, but about Spirit phase sounds specifically. Those were lowered alongside with overall survivor sounds during chase. It is next step into caressing survivors, so we, Killer mains, should adapt and deal with it. If those who claim themselves as Killer mains didnt recognize it so far (which is like around month or so), I feel pity for them.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Agreed on the DC on shoulder bug.

I’ve never personally had an issue with sound bugs as I can follow sounds pretty well. I don’t have an issue finding survivors while phasing.

I have seen some pretty bad sound occlusion though. If a survivor is behind a wall then their injured sounds are TREMENDOUSLY reduced. You can barely hear them. Same with generators that are behind walls. Sound occlusion is really bad in some circumstances.

• Frozenscum

But, as I said above, it is not a bug. BHVR changed sounds behind obstacles about month ago. You can barely hear sound of gens and work on them through walls, you can barely hear grunts of pain through walls. Next step in caressing survivors.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

Definitely, I just put her in as an example of learning a new killer and not getting abuse for it, similar to playing not so viable killers around the same rank. I went from 0k to 4K with 32k maxed bp with her in just 2 matches at rank 13 against mixed ranks of 8-12, if that’s not saying something I don’t know what does, she’s amazing. I love her map pressure with the increased duration/speed combo. It’s actually refreshing to go from a killer that relies on sight like Myers to a mostly sound based killer like spirit but following tracks and grass/feeling resistance/body blocks seems to work okay while they’re not injured. Still learning though.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

One thing is for certain, I'd definitely play killer more if I had fun doing it. Right now, its a bothersome and stressful chore and feels completely unrewarding.

In contrast, I've often more fun waving my arms at a killer face-camping me than I do playing killer myself. It's like a holiday vacation. No stress, no problems.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Tried playing as trapper a while back, but it was a disaster . I main Myers, and usually do quite well with him. So I'm not sure if I'm just rusty on trapper's play style, or if he's just become that bad...maybe both.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    edited June 2019

@Frozenscum There. I tagged you so you can see my reply :D First, I'm a male. A quite nice one most of the time :D It seems you might have been really drunk all those times so let me say this. Sounds are MESSED UP because of SOUND OCCLUSION since they didn't actually do a thorough job on it. If you play survivor, you can hear the gens only on some sides like intended (most notable: The Game Map) when you are on the opposite side of the wall C: Killers cannot hear FOOTSTEPS at ALL most of the time through grass and even when a survivor is DOWNED because of the OCCLUSION. The GRASS blocks the SOUNDS around the BODY so you can't hear them MOAN. I wanted to use BIG WORDS so it's easier for a drunk person to understand. THE GRASS makes it almost IMPOSSIBLE TO HEAR THEM WHEN HURT BECAUSE OF SOUND OCCLUSION. IT IS A BUG. IT IS KNOWN BY THE DEVS. IT WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED AS A BUG IN ONE OF THE STREAMS. THEY DIDN'T KNOW THAT THE SOUND OCCLUSION FROM THE GRASS WOULD DO THAT. There. See? Hope that helps :D

Post edited by AStupidMonkeyy on
  • SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I'm a console scrub so Nurse is the one i shy away from the most. Aside from blinking into walls every now and then on KYF, i dare not take her into public matches for fear of embarrassing the hell out of myself. It's a shame as I really love her style and character concept.

• Judith

Same. But recently I encountered really good Nurses on ps4. Their blink was godlike. It surprised me tbh.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I stopped playing nurse on PS4 recently since I kept getting cornfield maps. I might try to learn Plague soon.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    edited June 2019

You people need to grow a spine and just have fun. Play as any killer you like and don't be afraid of a bad performance, just enjoy yourselves.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I am a console Hillbilly and Nurse, I do not have a hard time with them at all, find them rather good. I do want to play more Leatherface but he is only good in certain scenarios and on routine screw ups of Survivors, he is great for eating pallets and destroying them quick, have no problem with Freddy. Leatherface is too slow and to get a chainsaw, you need to be up in their face, and same for the pallets, you gotta rev up close to a pallet or they will not drop it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited June 2019

i still play them.

thats mainly the reason why im still on rank 4... xD

Post edited by Mister_xD on
  • AStupidMonkeyy
    edited June 2019

@DudeDelicious Using quotes doesn't actually tag the person. You gotta manually tag them but thank you for the correction otherwise. (Edit) I also changed it to the correct spelling. Thank you again.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I play to have fun. I don’t need a 4K every single time, but sometimes survivors are just so bent on ruining killers experience and trying to bully the killer. You gotta play some killers to even have a chance in red ranks.

I had a match just last night that the survivors were doing nothing but trying to bully me. I was luckily playing Spirit. If I was any other killer I would have been done for. They all DC’ed with five generators left. You have to put survivors in their place or they’ll just continue to be the same jackasses they have always been to every single killer.

Most of the time I just don’t care enough. If I wanna play Wraith then I will, I’m just prepared to not do as well as I would with a killer like Spirit or Hag.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

I play all of them, mostly semi-effectively (yes, even Legion). But if I had to pick one that I have a hard time with, and tend to avoid, it would be Plague. She's just frustrating.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited June 2019

This 100% I'll still take her out on rare occasions as I eventually want to get her Trophies (except Adept) but I have to completely expect 0-1 Kills at best...the framerste, lag and inability to do "skillshots" properly with her Blink on console makes it an unfun affair to plays seriously with (imo). Yeah it can be done and practiced to a point, but it requires way too much imo. Huntress is almost thr same, but I can do a bit better with her at least.

@RoKrueger I would (and I bet others would agree) more often if the Grind, Bloodweb and Bloodpoint system didn't demand a ton of Bloodpoints. Which means, as Killer, to focus and do way more/better and some Killers at certain Ranks and on console just won't measure up to performing as well and getting BPs as others do....

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

There are really few killers that are unplayable, trapper is one of those imo. You just have to pick an appropriate build and addons, and obv get better with the killer u want to play.

unless you go against 4 really really good swf your odds are 50/50 of winning.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Huntress was the one I always afraid of (playing as, I mean). Some of them hatchet hits and misses seem so terribly random, even without lag. But I have good news for you: anyone can practice and become decent with any killer. There were no other killers left to max out, so I started playing her, and quickly improved my skills from "pathetic" to "somewhat potato".

It's just that you have to tolerate a lot of frustrating defeats, and the inevitable "gg ez baby killer" remarks. That's not that bad. You should really give a shot to some killer you never played before.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I actually did the random killer wheel on my stream this weekend, and with the messages turned off it was surprisingly more fun than i imagined it would be. I tried new killers, some I did a lot better than I thought, others I sucked at but it was still fun. I'd definitely reccomend turning off the messages to anyone worried about the crap they might get after the match because apparently some people can't even loose with dignity. Huntress on console was a literal crapshoot, but again, I did better than I thought I would. We won't talk about the Billy who seemed really attracted to trees the whole match.....

I think you're right. As intimidating as the prospect seemed, with actual practice I will get better, and have fun along the way.

• George_Soros

@DudeDelicious well said. I'd add: the learning process is actually the part I find the most fun. The moment you master a certain killer is the moment it gets boring (unless you're willing to try out some unique builds). Being "on the way there" is the best. Life is motion eh?

• George_Soros

@DudeDelicious oh yes, that's what I use Nurse for. Sometimes I don't want all that stress, don't want the challenge, don't want anything that involves too much effort... just a sweet bloody massacre and a sea of salty tears :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2019

I used to play the doctor 24/7 who was suppose to be designed to "counter" looping yet only does so with certain add-ons. Even with perks, if you don't have the certain add-ons, he won't counter looping, he does counter some areas but he wa suppose to be the choosen one designed by BVHR to counter looping. I've played good old shocky boi for a long time so now I play Billy/Nurse? spirit and use shocky boi for farming. If I play anyone outside of Billy, Nurse, Spirit against swf or high ranks, I'm going to have a bad day. With their mobility, I do not get genrushed and have a so say in the game while on other killers, I can't zoom across the map to that gen to delay it being done. I really wish the doctor would get a rework because he barely does what he was designed to do.. Like his shock isn't even instant, it's delayed before the survivor is shocked which gives them a chance to drop that pallet on you.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,189

@AStupidMonkeyyHOLY #########. THAT EXPLAINS THE RANDOM IRON WILL EFFECT. I've had so much trouble tracking survivors with Spirit around jungle gyms lately, and there's typically a lot of grass around those. And Yamaoka Estate makes me want to uninstall, I guess because of how grass and bamboo heavy it is. Thank you.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Some killers have weaknesses that once exploited make them extremely weak and underwhelming. I learned quickly huntresses lullaby on nearly any structure can create obnoxious loops. Plague might as well have no power since no one cleanses around her making her effectively apply no mither which sounds great until you realise m1 killers without any anti loop tech tend to be extremely weak. Freddy is freddy I dont need to explain why hes bad there an essay worth of poor game design there.

Also the meta has pushed out most m1 killers because MoM has been introduced and the ptb change wont change much since most players run bt anyways. I don't make these assumptions lightly either survivours are smarter and builds are more optomised the devs need to take the tranning wheels off the survivour role and give the weaker killers a buff. NOT buffing billy or nurse just the weaker killers. Some of the weaker killers have blatantly obnoxious weaknesses that prevents them from seeing play.

• AStupidMonkeyy

@edgarpoop No problem. I assumed everyone knew? The devs said it awhile back when they made sound occlusion a thing to make it more realistic and such. They didn't know the grass would behave that way. It works the same with bamboo. It also lowers it if they are in a corner and behind walls but that supposed to be like that but the grass, ######### the grass, Man lol just makes that ######### impossible. It's why you can stand on top of them in grass and see them but not hear them. It's a BUG.