End game collapse

blonde_b
blonde_b Member Posts: 15

If you’re going to make it so that the killer can shut the hatch, the very least that should be done, is to put the exit gates on the opposite side of the map from each other! It’s nearly impossible for the last person alive, to get out! The killer can stand between the 2 doors and see them both! This game is definitely designed for the killer, more than the survivor. It’s really frustrating!

Comments

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Interesting extrapolation

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

No

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

The survivor's 3rd chance to get out should be difficult. Especially since most survivors nowadays don't even bother to actually look for the hatch. If you play Wraith and just wait near the hatch, it will take them about 10 minutes to show up cause they've just been waiting at the gate the whole time.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

As someone who plays both, you don't need the hatch at all. If you're relying on a hatch or a free escape you've already failed because no generators have been done. The end game collapse prevents much worse problems than you not getting a free escape.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

I've had the opposite experience. out of about the 7 times I've reached EGC with the hatch, 4 of those time the survivor escaped.

• blonde_b

I don’t look for the hatch, because it’s pointless. When the killer hits the door the start the EGC and the doors are right by each other, it’s really an unfair advantage.

• blonde_b

So, because I don’t look for the hatch, ever .... and the killer does, because as the last survivor, I have to be stealthy while looking for the hatch (if I did) so that the killer doesn’t see me! (while they’re running around like crazy, free to do so) Once they do find the hatch, the doors are SO close together, that it’s nearly impossible to open it without being caught. That’s really not a fair game. No matter how you look at it.

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183

So, you want a easy escape.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

"So, because I don’t look for the hatch, ever ...."

Found the problem.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

You'll only hurt the weaker Killers more.

Nurse can still Blink fast, Hillbilly will only have to deal with an additional structure or two, Spirit will Phasewalk super hard...

• WildDovami
    WildDovami Member Posts: 56

I actually wait for them to close the hatch. My escapes jumped up dramatically since EGC.

If the doors spawn close together then Im getting some bold points and basement time.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited June 2019

I think making the exits spawn further away would be okay because at least then you got a 50/50 chance. But it is kinda one-sided when both exits spawn within line of sight of each other.

Either that or make it to where the end game timer slows down when there’s only 1 survivor alive.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

2mins is more than enough time to camp a door and open it after the killer closes the hatch.

• Dehitay

It's amazing how many people in this thread straight out admit they won't even look for the hatch and want their hand held at the gate instead.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

"Unfair advantage" meaning the upper hand in a situation you have already lost and put into their control.

It's not supposed to be a GOOD chance of escape. It mitigates 45 min standoffs, and gives *A* chance, EVEN IF 0 GENS ARE DONE. You can do NO work and still have a chance. Is that an "unfair advantage" as well?

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

You do realize there is such thing as a fair advantage right?

For example if 4 survivors manage to complete the generators without dying, then all 4 survivors have a MASSIVELY increased chance of survival while at the same time for the Killer it is really hard to get any Kills without a build specifically for it. Even with NOED you are unlikely to get even 2 Kills.

So when the survivors get to the endgame through their wincon they have an overwhelming advantage.

Thus it is fair that when the Killer gets to the endgame through HIS wincon that he has an overwhelming advantage.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 2019

Maybe because 90% of the time by the time the 3rd person is last hooked the killer beelines for the hatch, if you're on it you're done, if you're hiding near it, they'll close it and you just wasted precious seconds getting to and checking a gate (or opening to just prior to the first red light before they check etc) The hatch is honestly a lost cause unless you have a key.

I've tried a few options in endgame and the hatch is the absolute least useful option. The only time I've managed to get the hatch is when the killer doesn't know where it is (ultra rare right here) and I happen to be heading in that direction. One time. Every other time, even if I'm at the hatch first the killer closing it takes priority even if you get the prompt to jump in. That's why people say they don't bother. I wouldn't say it's good not looking/paying attention to where it was if you happen to pass it, but in all honesty is it really worth knowing where it is/wasting time searching for it?

Opposite ends of the map is way too extreme especially for something like temple or the larger autohaven maps, but having moderate, not in direct view/ on the same wall gates would be appreciated. It shouldn't be a confirmed win for either side. (The spawning hatch/endgame gates at any number of gens is a bit ridiculous though, team gets destroyed and yet they can get an escape, at least 1 gen done would be better)

• Dehitay

It sucks that you have such ridiculously bad luck that 90% of the time the killer knows exactly where the hatch is (either that or the much more likely scenario is that you're blatantly lying), but the game should be balanced around the average situation and not the guy with the worst luck in the world. The killer rarely knows where the hatch is unless the survivors are specifically hiding at it instead of doing generators and waiting for each other to get caught so he just eventually wanders into it and them at the same time.

You could have made a much more reasonable argument by saying that killer will find the hatch first more often cause of their speed advantage and lack of a need to hide. But that's exactly the kind of advantage the killer deserves after managing to get 3 kills before the generators are done (unless a disconnect made it ridiculously easy to accomplish, but that's another problem devs refuse to do anything about till dedicated servers).

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 2019

Sure guess I’m lying then, not from matches I’ve played so far at all... killers DO have a better chance of finding first like you said because of their speed, not needing to hide and the fact that while survivors are mostly focused on doing gens, the killer can search for the hatch during chases or while patrolling gens (and I have done so myself when I know it’s getting close to spawning as a killer) some even slug the 3rd, find the hatch, kill the 3rd and close it instantly. saying it’s a fair chance of getting it is the blatant lie. Especially when a survivor who gets to the hatch has to wait the full sacrifice sequence while the killer goes to close the hatch (and they often hook the 3rd close as they can to the hatch). All I said we needed was better gate distances but sure, make it personal and not consider these events do happen. You do realise it spawns before endgame, right?

Killer rarely knows where it is... if that’s the case they’re probably a bad killer not using endgame to their advantage like most I’ve encountered do. Gates are the better and more likely option and as a result should be fairly placed so not extremely advantageous to killer or survivor.