Opinions: Does everyone agree that survivors need a secondary objective and if so plz post some idea

Sentry
Sentry Member Posts: 124

I'm Curious

Answers

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Someone suggested gathering body parts and feeding them to the entity so you get no debuffs or something like that.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited June 2019

Fuses for the gates? Fuel for generators? Move a power cord to a gen? The options are endless. I dont think these changes should be applied on top of existing gen time as some suggested objectives above will be risky/time consuming.

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 671

maybe searching for an item and picking it up to be able to do generators?

and if a survivor that's holding the item gets downed, they drop it, and generators get blocked until its picked up again.

• RatDBD
    RatDBD Member Posts: 68

@NoShinyPony Also had a good idea, for gathering fuel to fill the generators, or maybe even parts to be able to repair them, and the like. I've heard many interesting ideas for a secondary objective, but so far from what I've dug up over the last week or so (I've dug through a lot, trust me), I like this one the most.

1. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/65083/concept-for-a-2nd-objective-for-survivors/p1

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited June 2019

I noticed a generator overheating thread. Which I think would be neat it would make you have to work on multiple gens and rushing gens would actually lock you out of being able to work on a particular gen reducing your progress. Almost like an entity window blocker on a gen. However, during a generator lock-down by the entity the killer should not be able to kick or interact with the generator to regress it. Almost like a gen-save state. However this should only trigger until there is one gen left to complete.

Post edited by Jdsgames on
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

The generators are turning into a secondary objective now.

With the hatch spawning when only one survivor is left, there is no more point in doing gens unless you want the 5K bp.

Go for saves all the time.. try to get those points.... hit some totem.. worry about gens last since there isn't much point in doing them other than for some extra points.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,598

I do not believe that survivors need a second objective.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited June 2019

If killer is left as is, then no, I do not believe survivors should get a second objective. However, I would be in favor of something being done to both sides. A second objective for survivors to slow down gens, but also something additional for killer to prevent tunneling and camping. This would solve the major issue from BOTH sides, not just one. If survivors can’t “genrush”, then killers likewise should no longer be able to “killrush” (tunnel). That is fair. Before anyone says it, a reply that killers would no longer play in that manner if they had more time is nonsense.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@RatDBD Thank you for mentioning my thread here! ^^

In general, I think we need a 2nd objective for balance reasons, to give the killer more time.

We also need a 2nd objective to give the game a new element. A lot of long-time-players don't play as much as they used to or are teaking a break from DbD because they have been doing the same thing for 2-3 years now. A new objective would spice things up and bring those veterans back.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I like the fuse idea but make I am item so there can be 2 or more but only one spawns I a chest give them rarities and add-ons that give the gates buffs and debuffs

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Maybe something like an active sacrifice thing in-game for survivors to take advantage of, like sacrificing items to have the Entity not be able to be summoned for next few minutes (Like Spirit Fury, blocking Windows, Corrupt Intervention, Whispers, etc)

Wait, that sounds like a perk I made up for myself in another thread XD

• RatDBD
    RatDBD Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2019

@poopman The idea of having a chance to get higher rarity items by going into the basement actually sounds interesting. I'd love to see that.

@TheBean There is incentive to generators, which is why in green to purple ranks you see them being done. I never ever (both playing killer and survivor) see survivors who purposely leave generators out of their gameplay to take the hatch for the extra BP. Doing generators means you have more of a chance to be located by the killer, which means you get the chase points you need for your emblems. Chases mainly initiate from finding survivors on a generator or running to a generator, you're more likely to have survivors going down, which means hooks, and in turn equals altruism, which you also need to pip.

Not to mention, one of the core reasons a secondary objective is being suggested so frequently by the community is due to gen rush at higher ranks, or by players with a sizable chunk of hours. I highly doubt anyone who knows even a little bit about DBD is avoiding generators to make a selfish escape and maybe cleanse some totems and open some chests, just to in return-- depip, and get a total of 7k bp for the escape alone. That type of game play is not rewarding enough to do so, imo.

@NoShinyPony You're welcome! Thought it was a good idea when I looked over the thread, of course with tweaks made by the developers here and there to ensure balance.

• citron
    citron Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2019

the point would be to throttle survivors not give them an even bigger advantage.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

@citron right?! Anyways what's the point in sacrificing auric cells back to their creator aka why sacrifice parts of the entity's body back to the entity?