Anyone have good perk builds for spirit.

Sentry
Sentry Member Posts: 124
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

Comments

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

BBQ , Enduring , Fury , Ruin

• salted_spirit
    salted_spirit Member Posts: 5

The spirit does not need any chasing perks (enduring, spirit fury, brutal strength) as she is arguably the best killer in chases with her phasing and ability to mind game survivors. You want a mix of slow down perks and tracking perks depending on your play style and add on choices. My current favorite setups are

Mother daughter ring with bloody hair broach (the green hair clip thing) with BBQ, save the best for last, sloppy butcher and nurses calling.

I've played with ruin instead of sloppy butcher and found the extra healing slow down will help immensely with re downing survivors all game, where ruin may only help early game. Also, dirty uwabaki is great instead of ring for speed, but the extra speed is well worth the trade off of no scratch marks with this rush down build

If you like playing deviously, try monitor and abuse, whispers, bbq and either ruin, surveillance or discordance. Must use with prayer beads and any of the fast move speed add ons (again mother daughter ring is my fav)

Patrol the outside of the map (out of line of sight) until whispers activates (hopefully near a gen) and you can see where this gets really ugly really fast. If they start trying to mess with you, just try to predict where they will go (they have absolutely no idea you are coming if you stick to the outside and use whispers) if they just stay on gens, just keep grabbing them off

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Stridor is a must have for Spirit. People will tell you that only baby Spirit's use it... well they haven't played against high rank survivors using Iron Will and/or Spine Chill. But get a good survivor with these perks and they will be a nightmare to track. You will constantly be guessing wrong where they are and wasting time on them. I run both perks and I will tell you that every Spirit I face has the hardest time chasing me. You want Stridor, trust me.

BBQ is good for her because her power let's her apply good map pressure, in the same way that Nurse and Billy can.

MYC is very strong on her. It makes her chase potential even stronger, and since you are Spirit most survivors tend to just play very immersed for 60s, meaning they aren't doing gens or healing. After a good snowball you end up with a game where everyone is injured, and if you have Stridor that's EZ PZ kills.

Ruin or NOED for obvious reasons.

PGTW is very strong on her, and IMO will become meta once the buffs on PTB go through. Good combo with BBQ. Hook > check BBQ to see which gens are being done > kick gen with PGTW. Right now my main build is BBQ, Stridor, Ruin, MYC, but I will be swapping Ruin with PGTW most likely.

Insidious is fun to use with Prayer Beads. More of a meme than it is effective, but it is definitely fun. Insidious will proc on the husk as you phase walk, meaning you don't need to wait the full 4s to get the effect. You can wait 2s, start phase walking and it will still trigger. However it will end once you exit phase walk even if you are standing still.

Sloppy and/or Nurse's Calling are good picks, but once you get better survivors that don't heal and rush gens they become worthless.

Discordance and Surveillance are very strong for her, especially if you run Prayer Beads.

Devour Hope is very fun, and if you use TOTH and Prayer Beads it's very strong too.

Haunted Ground is solid for her but people tend to expect it on Spirit so they won't always take the bait. If you run another totem it's more effective.

Third Seal is surprisingly strong on her. If you can get 4 stacks, then you can start slugging and win the game very fast. More for skilled players though, I wouldn't recommend it if you are new.

M&A is good for her as it makes her a bit more stealthy. I personally don't like it, I feel like most of the time it becomes a gimmick since once survivors know you have it they will be extra cautious.

Lightborn is pretty good for her too. One of the common mind games is to just stand still and pretend you are phase walking. But smart survivors with a flashlight will try to blind you, which both reveals you are NOT phase walking and if blinded will drain your power until the effect is gone. But with LB you can sponge the flashlight, making it look like you are standing still, then trigger phase walk and catch them while they continue to flashlight you. Sadly it's a very niche use of the perk, but if you ever get a game with multiple flashlights give it a try.

Prayer Beads are her strongest add-on, borderline OP. Mother Daughter Ring is second strongest, but requires you to have better tracking skills (Stridor makes it easy though). Amulet is her best all around add-on. Bread and butter add-on combo is speed and duration. Extra lunge and recovery are nice too, but don't help as much once you get better with her. Cherry Blossom/Juniper are very underrated and can help you mind game even harder in a chase. The only add-on I would say don't bother is Father's Glasses. Once you learn Spirit (and use Stridor) this add-on becomes pointless.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited June 2019

@thesuicidefox Ehh...Stridor? It is definitely useful against Iron Will but it can also disorient you. It makes survivors seem closer than they really are. You gotta get used to the the volume of their injured moaning and how far they really are from you. I usually just let the scratch marks guide me to their general direction and then listen for their injured moaning and footsteps.

I also personally think Distressing is better than M&A because with a larger terror radius it gives Spirit more of a chance for a grab since you can’t hear her phasing while inside her terror radius. M&A is better if you want to run Prayer Beads. Otherwise Distressing is better but I don’t really like either one of them.

Also, do survivors still hear Spirit making her Walugi noises when she has Insidious? Because you can still hear Huntress humming if she has Insidious, didn’t know if it was a similar situation.

Father’s Glasses is bugged by the way. It doesn’t actually show blood anymore so it is not worth an add-on slot. It was never worth it to begin with. As you said...it is pointless :/

Everything else I pretty much agree on.

• thesuicidefox
    edited June 2019

@MegMain98 "Ehh...Stridor? It is definitely useful against Iron Will but it can also disorient you. It makes survivors seem closer than they really are. You gotta get used to the the volume of their injured moaning and how far they really are from you. I usually just let the scratch marks guide me to their general direction and then listen for their injured moaning and footsteps."

You do have to be aware that they will sound closer than they really are but it makes it impossible to hide from you in phase walk. You want to focus more on the direction of the sound more than the distance. And once you get used to it, you will be able to easily pinpoint a survivor (not using IW) from a full tile away.

Just wait until you get a really good survivor with Iron Will that knows how to play against a Spirit. I'm telling you it will be impossible to track them efficiently without Stridor. I do it to Spirits all the time.

"Also, do survivors still hear Spirit making her Walugi noises when she has Insidious? Because you can still hear Huntress humming if she has Insidious, didn’t know if it was a similar situation."

You hear the moans and glass cracking. Not sure about the wah's, but the survivor would have to be pretty close to hear that. The main idea here is to combo it with Prayer Beads so that you can pull some serious 1000IQ mindgames. But like I said it's more of a meme strat than it is an effective one.

• MegMain98

@thesuicidefox Stridor helps tremendously against Iron Will, but how often do you run into players who have Iron Will? Unless it is lobby full of Jake players (even if it is Jake players I’ll switch to Leatherface because I want my Jake face) I don’t typically run into Iron Will.

I don’t wanna have to readjust my tracking with Spirit and play boosted until I learn how to properly track with Stridor. It’s like learning Spirit’s phase walk all over again. If a player is new to Spirit then it is worth a try.

It is worth a perk slot but if you don’t run into Iron Will frequently why would you use it? Maybe 1 out of 10 games I play somebody has Iron Will and it is typically a Jake player who isn’t that great. Not saying I haven’t seen good players with Iron Will but I run into the typical Self Care, Balanced Landing, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Decisive Strike, and Mettle of Man. Iron Will isn’t very meta with these perks around.

• thesuicidefox
    edited June 2019

At red ranks there is at least 1 survivor in every one of my lobbies using IW. It's worth it when that 1 guy can cost you an entire game.

Stridor is better than Nurse's because survivors can hide their aura, they can't hide cries of pain.

Stridor is better than Sloppy because you won't always see blood but you can always hear cries of pain.

Stridor cancels out the negative effect of MDR, since you can track purely by sound and don't need scratch marks.

Survivors can't hide from you if you have Stridor, period. It's impossible. Stridor is necessary because it beats the only counter to her phase walk.

Also...

• MegMain98

@thesuicidefox I don’t run into Iron Will very often nor do I need Stridor to help me when can already easily track by footsteps.

The only way that person with Iron Will would cost you the match is if you continuously chase them. Go after an easier target...no need to chase them if they can run you around forever.

Nurse’s Calling has given me MANY downs because I got within terror radius and looked in the opposite direction and phased over to them. NC is basically a necessity for Spirit.

I agree that Stridor is useful but it is not something you MUST run on Spirit.

I just hate how it amplifies the sounds and can trick you into thinking they are right beside you when they are miles ahead of you. I tried it before and Jane’s big ass sounded like she was moaning in my ear when she was like two loops ahead of me. I hate using Stridor.

If anybody likes Stridor then go for it, I personally don’t need to use it. If I continuously get survivors with Iron Will then sure I’ll use it but when I can see Claudette healing in the corner and get an easy down I think I’ll keep NC.

That chart I’m pretty sure was before Ash’s release. I’m about 90% sure MOM pushed Iron Will out of that spot.

• thesuicidefox

@MegMain98 The thing with Nurse's is that, once you get really good survivors it will be useless because they won't heal. That might not be often because most survivors are potatoes, but it can happen enough at higher ranks for you to consider using another perk in it's place. You can't hide from Stridor. If you are injured without IW, you will be easy to find from a full tile away and you can't hide your cries of pain like you can scratch marks, blood, or auras.

Also those survivors that don't heal and just rush gens tend to run Iron Will so they can do that with little risk of being caught again. So now Nurse's is a waste AND you will have a hard time tracking that survivor on top of that. If they run Adren like is common with IW players then you probably will lose that game.

Like I said, you don't want to focus on the distance of the sounds as much as the direction. Think of it like a radar and less of a "I can just hear better" perk. It makes it IMPOSSIBLE to hide from phase walk. So long as you understand that they will sound closer than they are, you should always be right on top of the survivor. If they try to juke your phase walk by walking in a different direction, you will hear them behind you so turn around and swing.

To me it just sounds like you need to play with Stridor more and practice, because once you get used to it you can locate injured survivors with ease.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    edited June 2019

Discordance - so you can see where people are and get more map pressure.

Make Your Choice - You're not gonna be camping anyway, will add more pressure.

Sloppy Butcher - Being hurt against Spirit is bad, so people wanna heal.. might as well waste a few more precious seconds.

Ruin - If you feel like you need a bit extra time.

Stridor - Let's you hear those injured even easier.

Bloodhound - With sounds bugged, you might as well have this perk so you can drop out of Phase and check for blood if you're chasing an injured survivor who stopped running.

Franklin's Demise - Hilarious perk that wasted a lot of seconds of a survivor's time, if they're fond of their items.

Barbecue and Chili - More map awareness and therefore.. more map pressure.

Mix and Mash, my dude. The world's your oyster.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

A Nurse's Calling is the only perk I would add to your list.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I've had mixed success with it. Its awesome for finding a healing survivor while you're already in a chase with another, then just go for them while faking that you're still chasing.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

-Nurse's Call (a must)

-Surveillance

-BBQ & Chilli

-Nobody Escapes Death 😃

+ no sound beads add-on.

Enjoy being a beast!

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Agreed it's mostly for the disengage one chase to down another.

My typical Spirit build is BBQ, MYC, Nurses, Either Ruin if I want to be lazy or whispers

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,248

I run BBQ, Predator, Ruin, Nurse's.

The reasoning behind Predator is that I find it much easier to tell when a survivor has doubled back with it. It shows very clearly where they stop and turn. It's also easier to track survivors when they aren't injured with it. It's an automatic win on indoor maps like Lery's.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I use a really difficult but rewarding build.

Surveillance, BBQ, A Nurses calling and Save the best for last.

With this build, it's difficult because you have to accept that you're probably going to win at 1-2 gens left. Not at 5 gens like some of the builds here. If you master it, you can be well rewarded and it has more strength than most the builds here, ironically.

But, you need to not mess up, you only have room for at the very most, two missed phases and that's it. If you want to struggle, then use it.

• thesuicidefox
    edited June 2019

Predator can backfire though. The fact that scratch marks are less spread out means it will be harder to see them from a distance. It can help in a straight chase, but I find that the only perk you need for chasing/tracking really is Stridor, plus an aura perk like BBQ just to know where to look for a survivor. Plus, unlike Stridor, you can't use Predator when using MDR.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Spirit is a killer you don't have to worry about perks too much, but definitely go for some slowing and tracking. She already excels in chases so you don't need stuff like brutal and bamboozle.