Get rid of slugging for 4k

atm 80% of the games when killer downs 3rd survivor they slug and camp him waiting for the bleed off. It takes RIDDICULOUS amount of time and is the most boring part of the game just for some funny 5k bp and pip that doesnt matter at all. You are forced to dc in order not to uninstall the game right away after 5 games in a row of awesome alt tab gameplay.

Just give the suicide on slug option or anything.

Comments

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362

I use to do this all the time tbh, slug for the 4k. It got to the point where I kinda just stopped caring as much. If I stomped a team bad enough that someone got out via hatch, that's still a win for me. Its even less of an issue for me now that hatch is close-able. I DO understand though why ppl do it however as far as emblems go. someone escaping via hatch can take your iridescent devout emblem and turn it into a silver...which sucks.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Well, the last one standing always has the option to draw the attention of the killer and get promptly hooked. That way it's much faster. You can convince your teammates to do it, saving you some time.

Otherwise, as long as the hatch mechanic is what it is (and I don't think there's any serious problem with it), I'll keep slugging the third while I'm hunting down the fourth. I want my 4K.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Thats why you run unbreakable.

Anyway yea, implementing something to not slug for the eternity would be nice. Suicide sounds nice

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

Use diversion.

• limierr
    limierr Member Posts: 174

Suicide option ? Ok under this condition :

1) The survivor who suicide get a malus in emblem system for survival (you receive 0 point) and he receive a malus in bp (as you get against survival and your own objective).

2) Trap door become avaible only after 15s (to avoid the insta suicide).

Otherwise i am sorry but slugging is a valid strat even if it is boring. Take for exemple the usual situation : you use a killer and you verse people who don't like it and dc straigth away. You verse now survivors that are not clearly the best... So you try to extend the game in order to get more bp and give them more survival / altruism point. In this case , tell me why it should be unfair as both side get benefit from it ?

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

You need a 4k if you wanna rank up consistently as a Killer.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

You need to hook people many times to pip. You don't need to kill them always. Killing can help you to slow the game or gain advantage but hooking people is most important.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

People were complaining about survivors holding the game hostage but that's exactly what killers are now doing! They're holding the game hostage, I've been in games were Killers for whatever reason decide not even to kill the fourth person.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

No there's little balance in that idea, we don't get to suicide on 3rd and have multiple chances as last survivor. The only reason we suffer is Dev's don't want last survivor to feel the full weight of the teams failure and killer only have slugging to prevent a scenario with 3 potential escape points. With that concept, your gonna end up with whole team slugs just to ensure more than a 2 kill.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

To be fair, I don't always do this intentionally. I'll slug the 3rd if I have eyes on the 4th, but then the chase goes wrong, I lose the slug, and the game goes on way too long. Not intentionally holding the game hostage, I just goofed.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

According to forums it is only wrong when a survivor does it. Killers can be as toxic as they want and they call it a 'strategy'.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    edited June 2019

Survivors were holding the game hostage for as long as they liked, up to 20 minutes or more. You have to wait 4 minutes. That's a big difference. It isn't holding the game hostage because you are guaranteed to die in 4 minutes if nobody picks you up, or even sooner if the EGC has been activated.

It does suck to be slugged, I very much agree there. But it is NOT holding the game hostage.

Edit: I'd just like to add. When i get slugged, if they are just going to stand there and watch me, I don't stay still, i go for a crawl. More than once, when they weren't paying attention, I've found hatch. And quite a few times they were worried enough about me crawling far enough to find the hatch, that they hooked me. You don't have to just lay there.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Can we just remove the slug mechanic by being able to fully recover if we are slugged without having to use a perk, in my eyes slugging and dropping a surviour should not Be in the game at all, there is no reason for it