The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I changed my mind about self care, use bond instead?

Judith
Judith Member Posts: 819

I hardly even use it and I usually just keep pushing gens recently. Should I replace it for bond or something? I used it before with mixed results.

Comments

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

As red rank I started some time ago swapping self care for something else like Unbreakable or Bond but still testing.

With the current meta aka Nurse, Billy and Nurse Calling perk you have too much pressure and too much risk to heal yourself. too much time needed and high risk involved. Hardly manage to use it and when i manage to it doesn't help my game.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

I think it is a waste of time looking for a teammate with bond to heal you.

The same with selfcare...

And here comes adrenaline! :D

Adrenaline change my mind

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Try Bond, spine chill or resilience. Those are good replacements.

• Judith

Not really a fan of the later two but thanks for suggestion.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You’re welcome :)

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I rarely use self care anymore. Bond is fantastic

• WildDovami
    WildDovami Member Posts: 56

I'd use Premonition. It keeps me undetected for most of the game unless it's Tier I Myers. I used Bond when I first started so I could tell when the killer was chasing someone and do my own thing.

• Judith

I need those chase points tho.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

Bond and Iron Will make a great pair. You can stay injured without the risk of your grunts of pain giving your location away and if you really want to get healed, you can track down a teammate with ease.

• Judith

I did bond and iron will before but I am not sure it made my survival better or worse.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

Iron Will is my favourite perk in the game. It's so useful.

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 669

it's situational at this point. if you have a decent opening, i guess you should use self-care.

but if you're in a pinch? bond or pharmacy works best.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Spine Chill, Iron Will, Dead Hard and Resilience is a good injured build if you just don't want to heal, but I do recommend Bond over Self Care. Bond can get you healed faster and know where they are getting chased, or Objectives and such, much more effective.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited June 2019

take a medkit in... don't need self care anymore.

you'll be happy you freed the slot up. I find empathy better myself.

• Judith
    edited June 2019

I don't bring items because of lobby dodging. I might try to. It is hard to find games as survivors on ps4 tho.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

I use Bond instead of self care and it works great.

Just find a teammate to heal you. It also gives great info.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

As awareness perk if you dont use any or using alert i suggest using spine chill because it is really THE S tier perk right now and can change your games.

otherwise you coud swap with unbreakable

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I have dropped selfcare almost entirely from my builds. Only time i run it now is in conjunction with botany knowledge. As a standalone perk i dont bother with it anymore. Wastes to much time when its easier to use Adrenaline and slam the gens. If i want self heals il just bring a medkit.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Bond is really good for knowing what your team are doing. I haven't had SC for a while now, except in those ranks where everyone runs away from you like boosted apes. Still better to take Iron Will, though, or other perks to make up for being injured.

• Victory
    Victory Member Posts: 166

for real! Self care is such a good killer perk! 32s of healing yourself, 40 WITH SLOPPY and yet people still self care. It feels way more of a killer perk of how much time it gives killers lol

• nan1234
    nan1234 Member Posts: 131

with bond you can find teammates to heal you, and it gives you so much information on what is happening in the match(who's going to rescue hooked survivors,who's working on a gen and etc.). self care is just a waste of time in my opinion, bond is way more efficient.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

focus less on getting healed and it opens up slots in your build for better perks

bond is a good perk but if you're injured you're better off just doing gens or something else instead of running around finding people to heal you

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Use Iron Will :D

• Powa_Gaysah
    Powa_Gaysah Member Posts: 6

Bring a medkit and put Adrenaline in the Self Care slot. You don't want to pull someone off of a gen to heal you. But I am speaking as a console player since at every rank on PS4 I can't seem to find any teammates that want to do gens.