Are we banning for gen control doc builds now?

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

See, that would be an example of holding the game hostage on their part. I hope you reported them. Many survivors just keep playing even though they claim to want to be hooked.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited June 2019

@Orion

He slugged me or out right ignored me because he told me, "I had to check on generators or else I would lose."

I eventually bleed-out within 2 hours, but I probably should've DC'd when it was taking way too long.

Edit: You knew what ticked me off even more? One of my teammates had a key and didn't use it until the very very last second >:(

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Supposedly in certain situations the last 3 gens can all be hit with a single charge of Doctor's power, making it literally impossible to do anything.

In this case I would agree. But I would also like to see this myself because it sounds like a problematic situation.

But your example pretty much shows why this is a fringe case. If he is actually trying to hit people, the game could go on forever, that isn't an issue.

My problem is I'm worried a legitimate player could get banned because of this. It could be several minutes before the opportunity to get a hit even arises.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited June 2019

That is 100% holding hostage, u need to down survivors, slug or hook them to be consider not griefing

if you only hit them once then refuse to chase them and stall the game for 30 min, do ppl really try to defend this???

• weirdkid5
    edited June 2019

If you hit them and they are too far away, continuing the chase could result in a gen Completion. You could use hitting someone as bait to fool the other survivors into thinking they can complete a gen, and get a cheeky down very quickly.

Isn't that what Survivors used to tell Killers to do to stop genrushing anyway? "Just break the chase and patrol."

As I said, the margin for error on a 3gen strategy is pretty much 0. The smallest error from either side will result in a loss.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

If he's intentionally not killing people and acting to permanently stall the game, then I can see it being considered hostage holding.

You said this was recorded on stream, right? We can see his behavior, so I don't get why people are arguing over this.

• weirdkid5

We can see it if we actually get a link to the video.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

Calling someone idiot really proves your point.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Pls... This is why I don't play this game as much anymore. The community turns this game into a piece of ######### & yes I might of said this or that every now and then. But I stop caring a long time ago.

But whatever you guys can keep arguing whos side is op and ######### all you want.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

This to me sounds like it's dealing with similar issues as a Hatch stand-off. Obviously some differences between them, but that seems like a problem to me.

• weirdkid5

Oh and the drama starts.

Can we please get a link to the match in question?

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Same:) also it would tell us that the game is survivor friendly:( But I'm hopeful it's not

• weirdkid5
  • ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Before the Endgame Collapse, survivors werent banned for hiding on the map for 30+ mins. So why should a Doc doing a 3-gen strat (which is winnable with teamwork, btw) be bannable?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2019

If he is outright refusing to chase you or take hooks even if you give up, then yes it's taking the game hostage.

People saying "JuSt DoN't 3 GeN uRsElVeS" you do realize this is basically impossible on Game map right? Doc with Distressing and Iri King can hold down any combination of 3 gens on that map. Not to mention that he could pick the gens he WANTS to have for 3 gen and protect the crap outta them, forcing you into a a 3 gen even if you had an option to avoid it.

This is part of the reason I hate Doc's. IDGAF if he isn't a very strong killer, the fact he can lock down a game like this is obscene and shouldn't be an option.

• thesuicidefox

If he doesn't even take the freebies then he is holding the game hostage.

Killers are there to kill, not to stall the game indefinitely.

• Orion

What freebies? Chasing obvious bait and letting everyone else work on generators?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

The survivors helped the killer into the 3 gen. At that point either you work the gens or go for hatch, killer doesnt need to chase if they know your forced to put yourself in danger. If it went on that long its clear they were to scared to risk it.

• thesuicidefox

@Rottimic "As long as the killer is progressing the match in some manner, it's not reportable. "

But this is the exact issue, THE KILLER IS NOT PROGRESSING THE GAME. They are just stalling the game indefinitely. If they are doing this past the 9 minute mark, they aren't even getting emblems point for it. So rather than take the obvious loss, they just make the game last forever. That is taking the game hostage and should be 100% reportable.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

So.... this is a novel, but I want to raise a concern that can effect every player.

--

There was this discussion about a Doc holding the game hostage and if that player should be banned for what they did.

Here is the discussion

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/68177/are-we-banning-for-gen-control-doc-builds-now/p1

Here is the match

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/437895713

It starts about 20 minutes in... Goes on for a good 30+ minutes.

---

I watched that match... In the discussion thread, I believe in the "players can take things too far and grief people, and that should be bannable." However that match... I don't personally believe that killer was trying to grief those survivors. I believe they just wanted to win so bad... just like how killers slug the 3rd to secure the 4K.

Long match... yes. But that Doc was still chasing and hitting and when downed someone hooked them.

It basically looked to me as they were just try harding to win.

--

With that said... I'm just a player and not part of the company in any way. Therefore my judgement on determining if that player should be banned, is not my call. The only thing I could do is, record the match and report the player and follow up with a recording.

--

My concern now is, that streamer was calling for that player to be banned 15 minutes before that streamer disconnected.

The streamer was trying to message someone from the company to get that player banned right away.

At what point are Streamers the judge in jury in getting people banned from this game?

At what point did BHVR mention that a Streamer can message one of them directly, to get another player banned WITHOUT following the correct rules of reporting another player and allow for the accused to get due process, to be treated fairly?

I've noticed this before on another streamers channel, where a employee of BHVR is messaged to get someone banned right away.

I can understand some situations can be pretty black and white, where a player is tossing out racial and homophobic slurs in the end game chat.

However, in grey areas such as that match, how come that streamer can pass the judgement that another player should be banned? Immediately?

This is very concerning to me as a long time player.

What are your thoughts on BHVR allowing this situation to happen? What would have happened if that employee was contacted and then banned the killer for playing? Do you think that is fair?

--

I don't.

TLDR;

Streamers should be expected to follow the same rules as everyone else. This is what we have been told. I don't think streamers at any point should be judge and jury on YOUR playstyle and ask / expect you to be banned for it.

If a streamer thinks you violated the rules, they SHOULD be expected to follow the same procedures as everyone else and not circumvent them.

--

That is my piece.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

Funny how holding the game hostage only applies to doc according to some people right? He is trying to protect the gens but he should give up and chase someone so others can do it right? But survivors shouldn't work on a gen when he is near.

What happens next. Doc is holding the game hostage and not survivors. By what logic?

• thesuicidefox

What I mean is that if he has an obvious option to catch someone or they just give themselves up but he doesn't take it, only continues to keep them from doing gens then it is holding the game hostage.

I've had Docs do this, where they don't even take chases they could 100% win. They won't even come out of treatment.

Like you really want to defend this kind of BS?

• Vlieger
    Vlieger Member Posts: 326

I don't have time to watch the actual stream right now, but from the original discussion it sounded like the the streamer contacted a BHVR employee who told the streamer to report the player through the in-game reporting system.

There is nothing wrong with a BHVR employee telling a customer to report a player through the system that is designed specifically for that. The problem would come from if that BHVR employee promised the person would get banned. Which I am assuming was not the case, but please correct me if there is evidence in the stream that says otherwise.

• thesuicidefox

Doc can just shock you and never needs to grab or down you. If they want they can take away any option you have to finish the game, leaving only DC as a way to leave. THAT IS TAKING THE GAME HOSTAGE.

It's honestly sick how people defend this. "Oh no the survivor hide for 30 minutes they should be banned" but then immediately will defend a killer that makes a game last hours because they refuse to chase or kill anyone, even if given the chance.

• Orion

I already agreed that your scenario is indeed holding the game hostage (though I still got downvotes, funny how that works). Go back several comments and you'll see.

However, in my admittedly limited experience, what you describe doesn't happen. In my experience, survivors don't let themselves get caught. They keep playing like normal, and then accuse the killer of not letting them win by chasing the obvious bait.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    edited June 2019

You should ping Peanits or Not_Queen if you want a proper response from a community manager.

• TheBean
    edited June 2019

@Vlieger 

Then BHVR should be informing them of that.

That was very disheartening to see and hear.

@se05239 they see everything. It really is up to them if they acknowledge it or not.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

This is not holding the game hostage.

If he just kick the gens, then just repair them.

Snap out of it and repair.

You have 3 other teammates.

If he dont attack, just repair.

• Vlieger
    Vlieger Member Posts: 326

@TheBean BHVR should inform who of what?

The person contacted a BHVR employee for something they should not have. The BHVR employee directed them to submit the issue to the correct channel. That is what they did. Am I missing something?

• thesuicidefox

It's rare but it does indeed happen. I've had Docs hold a game hostage for up to 40 minutes. They won't commit to a single chase they just stay in treatment mode and shock you to put you in Madness 3.

"They keep playing like normal, and then accuse the killer of not letting them win by chasing the obvious bait."

When everyone is in Madness 3 the killer can afford to take a chase. In the clip, at the end of the game, almost all the pallets on the map were gone. There were 3 survivors left. He could EASILY go after one of them, but he doesn't.

There is a difference between ignoring bait and refusing to chase at all.

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, in said stream where said fog whisperer was playing against this doctor, they weren't hitting, downing, chasing etc. They were staying by the same 3 generators (on The Game), in treatment mode, shocking over and over. Making no attempt to down survivors, just shock them as they tried to do the generators. It went on for nearly 40 minutes.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

If Doc just keep shocking you, preventing you from working on one gen, your other survivors are free to work on the other generators. So I dont know what you are trying to say here.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited June 2019

Fog whisperer or not even if they were to contact behavior directly they still have to report the player in game even if a mod from behavior reviewed the video it would be up to the mod to decide if its holding the game hostage or not it all comes down to the situation and the rules that are in place and what actually counts as holding the game hostage.

Based on what ive seen from rewatching this video the doctor is fine i dont think a punishment will be thrown out and if it is i honestly hate to say it but thats the danger of this playstyle is that it can indeed get you banned if you dont understand the thin line that is there but i will also say it is kinda on the survivors the gen placement was also really good for him to patrol but also granted it is the game the whole map is kinda bad for both sides.

As far as people being able to contact behavior i dont mind this for streamers they are technically working they dont have time to take 20 minutes to go through the application process to report one person i dont mind this being a thing as long as the case is treated like a normal report function and is handled the same which is both sides are treated the same and someones viewer count is not held to a higher standard than a player of the game as long as the mods are following that i dont see a issue with this being a thing.

Example streamer A was playing a game as survivor and streamer b was killer with hacked items and legacy i dont mind streamer A contacting someone directly in their chat to investigate streamer B ive seen this happen and it turned out the guy had fake legacy hacked addons hacked bloodpoint i mean this streamer b admitted to it on stream yes this actually happened and it was a yikes.

The mod who investigated it i can confirm went through the process to find out if the claims were correct which they were im sure that same mod followed the rules placed in front of them by behavior just because a mod is not technically working does not mean they cant do their job as a mod just saying.

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

That would be true, on any other map that isn't The Game, where he can shock everyone within 15 seconds distance of each other. Which is about how long it takes to snap out of madness tier 3. Every survivor was trying to do a generator, but he just kept walking and shocking. It is absolutely taking the game hostage, and not winnable in any reasonable way.

• jimmy5577
    jimmy5577 Member Posts: 5

Since the link has been posted, everyone can now see that this is a lie.

• Rottimic
    Rottimic Member Posts: 16

It only takes 12 seconds to Snap Out of It, but I guess telling the truth isn't as fun as exaggerating

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Lmao doctor with this build is so easy to beat, it literally takes 2 people who are not absolute potatoes. If you are alone then you take hatch. Quit your whining, Doctor is already underpowered as heck.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

This. Most reports (streamer or not) are immediately followed by the person telling the guy they reported, "Enjoy your ban" or "reported". It means nothing.

• TheBean

@Vlieger  that situation about trying to circumvent the reporting process I've seen on other streamers streams.

Them.. being Fog Whispers. If they were informed they have to follow the rules like everyone else, then that wouldn't have happened.

This discussion has been closed.