Remove the bloodpoint cap.

Options
MasonMyers69
MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

Can we just remove this cap, or increase the amount, 1 million isn't actually a lot of bloodpoints, especially if you've got what you need.

The reason this was put in place was to stop hacking but I'm pretty sure that it's not been happening for a while. Can we just get a cap increase. pls

Comments

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

Agree.

At least increase it to 2 million..

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

It’s also in place to stop people finishing the dlc characters hour 1.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I thought it was put in place because people used to hack unlimited blood points.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712
    Options

Agreed. It can feel odd having to 'budget' your points like 'well I can't go lower than 500,000..but the most I can get is 1 million'.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

I am pretty sure, its a way to keep people in the game. The grind is addicting to many people. And putting a cap on the BPs you have, prevents people from just playing and playing and playing without spending anything. You are in a perpedular circle of playing, and spending.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,808
    Options

I can live with them having a cap. I just wish the cap were higher. Even having it at 2 million Bloodpoints would be better. The grind is crazy, and 1 million Bloodpoints doesn't really get you that far.

• Mr_Digi
    Mr_Digi Member Posts: 138
    Options

Save your shards ;) buy perks u have, ez bloodpoints

• IMAFEEISH
    IMAFEEISH Member Posts: 87
    Options

1. It wouldn't matter if that was the reason if you hack them you can have as many as you like.(ik because I got my restore when I lost progress a long time ago, and if the devs can do it hackers can too.)

2. If you did hack ur save file you wouldn't even really need BP cause you could just give yourself 2,000 of everything and every perk you want.

3. You can no longer save file hack because your data is no longer client side.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Mr_Digi You get barely any shards at all so its not worth it.

On topic, doubling the cap to 2 million shouldn't hurt too much. Sure, people will be able to P1 any new character but like, then they're back at a low level character without any perks so it shouldn't have much of an impact.

Spending a shitload of bloodpoints is so satisfying.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

They should completely remove the cap. The other currencies have no cap. Why can't we just save our points? So we don't get a p3 char the moment he's released? That's ridiculous!

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,612
    Options

Yeah, the Cap needs to be higher. If a new Character comes out, being able to level him up to level 35 or whatever is not really nice. Basically you are also forced to spend Shards at this point to level further, considering how many Perks are in the game, chances are high that 1 Million BPs is not enough to have a decent Build on a new Killer.

Or simply change the Grind, then the Cap can stay.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Doesn't matter. EAC will trigger and they will be banned.

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126
    Options

Agree'd. Increase the BP cap or reduce the Bloodweb grind of letting us buy 2 perks per level.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

Honestly the hacking thing is such a non-issue.

Perks don't insta-win you the game and the blood-web is so slow and tedious that it's enough of a deterrent by itself.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    edited June 2019
    Options

Which is irrelevant to anyone who isn’t playing on Pc.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2019
    Options

iT's tO sToP hAcKeRs

Which is a terrible argument, not that it isn't valid, but terrible. If the DEVs can go over the cap (Recall the progression loss) where they refunded Millions of BP to players far above the 1 million cap

Cheaters could easily bypass something so small

It's real intent is to stop players who have maxed everything already, from saving up millions for the next DLC survivors and killers, so they cannot outright max them out. I personally find that very stupid.

If not removing the cap, at least raise it. 1 Million BP is what, 38 levels? Maybe more or less depending on what you go for in each blood web.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411
    Options

is that the reason they put a Cap on BP back in beta i remembered there wasnt a Cap on it or it was like 5Mil.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Exactly. So remove the cap. Either all spoofers will get banned, or, the ones who dont get banned will exploit it regardless of the max allowable. I'm saying that the only people affected by it are those who genuinely earn and save bp.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

While I would like an increase to the overall cap, the reason DBD even has one is because people use to hack themselves ridiculous amounts of BP in the past. To combat this the team at BHVR implemented the 1m cap to limit these cheaters and make it more obvious to catch if someone cheated several times over to keep refilling that 1m cap.

They mentioned this a looooong time ago.