We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

There should be a random one shot gun in the game.

Remy
Remy Member Posts: 20

Would be nice to have random gun with one bullet in the wooden boxes.

Just like in the movies, it can stun the killer for a few seconds, and depending on circumstance, it can save your life, or can still get you killed if used at the wrong time.

Do you use it right away?

Or do you save it when the last generator is finished and the killer is after you?

This can also fix Endgame.

How many times are you sooo close to opening the door, only for the killer to nab you at the last second?

You can only use the gun only short distances. If you miss, killer still gets you. Or if you manage to hit the killer, it can buy you that last second to escape to open the exit gates.

Comments

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I already play F13 for one shot guns and shotguns.

And Jason has the ability to instakill anyone in that game, remember that. No 3-hook spider monster thing.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

No

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited June 2019

To be honest, I actually do like the idea of a single-use gun in DBD as a really rare item (perhaps one that can only be found in chests and can't be taken out of a trial). Give it a big-ass recoil so that if the Survivor screws up the shot, they're basically down for the count.

• Remy
    edited June 2019

Exactly! Its not like its an auto "I win" mode.

Look at all these topics of please remove Endgame. Its a way to actually keep it, but give survivors a fighting chance to survive endgame.

Think about the seasonal Fireworks we got from the chests.

Use it early and you wished you saved in the end.

use it later, and not get a chance to use it if the killer was able to hook you for the last time.

Still requires strategy if you're lucky to get one.

• Remy
    edited June 2019

Exactly! Its not like an auto "I win" mode.

Just like the seasonal fireworks we got from chests.

Use it early and wished you saved it in the end.

Use it later, only to be downed by the killer for the last time.

Its situational and still requires a strategy.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

As cool as it would be to have one-use items that go away after being used (you can only save them if you don't use them) something like a gun/flare gun would end up being a troll tool with the current situation of the game. I can see it now, 4 swfs all using flare guns and MoM, SB, DS, Adrenaline

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,152
  • ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Sure, why not. But only under the condition, that the killer can use it too, if they happen to find it first. A successful hit is an instantdown that counters all survivor perks, including but not limited to Mom, BT, Dead Hard.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I'd rather see environmental hazards or traps that the killer can trigger. Some room where they can pull a lever and spikes come out, or the ceiling falls, or the floor electrocutes; something of that nature. Only the killer would be able to trigger it but it would make some of the areas more dangerous for escapes. Maybe that's not a great idea for a game like this but I always liked these little spots in online shooters, so it could be a neat addition.

How about something like the stage hazards in ME Online modes? The map is really cloudy, or stormy, reducing visibility, or there's a swarm of Entity bugs flying around and can make the survivors yell or move slower, or something. Maybe there are plant-like snares akin to the end-game thorns that can grab someone running by for a moment (not the killer, probably). I don't know if anyone else likes this stuff but I think it's a neat occasional hazard to be wary of. The nightmare realm is a dangerous, shifting place, after all.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

You seem to have this game confused with F13.... which is trash

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Its nice to see the community agree on something once in a while.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Nah it's not trash I got bored cause everyone sucks in that game except for a few people who end up destroying counselors as Jason and destroying Jason as a counselor it gets really boring because there are to many trash players otherwise it's pretty good.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

This.....this is bait...right? Please tell me this us bait.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Ok. The two most cringy things in video games ever are these:

• doors closing automatically (no, not talking about high tech doors with sensors, but normal wooden doors with a knob); and
    • wooden crates you have to smash, with goodies inside. Especially funny when they happen to be on a spaceship or a secret lab.

Just no. I mean, yeah, a gun itself is even worse for gameplay, so that's a no too. But smashable wooden crates? That's the ultimate atmosphere killer.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
  • Impact
    Impact Member Posts: 89

We already have something that does the same thing: firecrackers.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,239

Identity V has a gun. One of their survivors even starts every trial with it. Its as obnoxious as single use stuns on a distance (albeit a rather slow projectile) can be.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

This game is not about fighting back as survivors.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Only if the killer also gets a gun.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If you want to play F13th, you can.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Jake, and his cowboy outfit already exist. Just imagine The Good, The Bad and The Ugly theme cue in.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Firecrackers/Party Starters exist you know.

Also, no.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I'm still for it, provides it's actually balanced properly.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

You seem to be confused, the Entity feeds off fear, not kills. As the devs said long ago "We don't care about how scared the character is, we want the player to be scared" Therefore, a one shot gun, would contribute to the anticipation, the hope, of finding it, the fear in not finding it, or of missing and fits into the story of DBD just fine.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

The only way you can defend yourself against the killer is with The Flashlight. Nothing else.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

@Detective_Jonathan and Pallets.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Someone once made a concept of a item called "A ######### gun" and it was a gun that would appear for 24hrs randomly in a players bloodweb.

If you use it against a survivor or killer, it would kill that killer or survivor and the gun disappears and reapper in another players bloodweb who has 24hrs to claim it before it moves on. That's what I remember. That was a fun idea.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
  • Remy

Its not a a fighting game concept. Its a concept thats in the majority of horror movies.

Heck, the very first Halloween, Loomis shoots Myers, only to see his body gone.

Its in many horror movies, How many times have you seen in a horror movie, people shoot the boogieman/Killer, Only to see the killer eventually get up again?

This is a horror game, that's not a new concept.

People here always make it seem like everyone here plays with great SWF groups.

I've only played a few times with a good group. 95% of the time, I play solo, just like a lot of other people who bought this game.

With People playing hide and seek instead of working on generators, DC at the first chance they can get, etc.

There's a lot of people that play this game, only as a casual players.

With the introduction of Endgame, its made it even harder. Not everyone can be hardcore players.

This is not to make the game easy, its only to give people who play casual, or solo a fighting chance, and introduce something that's not even new to horror movies.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,431

You think killer mains complain about DS and Mettle now...

• Remy

Again, this is not to give every players guns, but only as a random chest loot, like the fireworks.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

So how would you make sure only casual players could get this, given that there is no metric that can differentiate a casual player from the rest?

• Doc
    Doc Member Posts: 94

I don’t think guns fit DBD thematically

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

What kind of gun though? I'm sure a Nerf gun would do for legion but you are going to need a grenade launcher for trapper 😂

Or a gun that nukes the map by firing Head On Jane 🤔