Why does it take so much time to find a game?

Am I the only one who has this...or do you guys have it too??

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Same.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

Double blood points too much killers less survivors since killers get more bp than survivors

• GreyCat
    GreyCat Member Posts: 33

Same here, even without the double bloodpoint event. :(

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

It's taking ages even as a survivor and they changed the way killer lobbies work...

This was the wrong timing to do it BTW, it's a real mess today.

I hope they are fixing this asap

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

It takes ages for both roles to find a lobby. My guess is that BHVR's servers can't handle the high amount of inquiries well. (Due to the 2x BP event, more people than usual are playing.)

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

@NoShinyPony

I hope thats not the case.

If they can't handle "too much" people then this shows a next level of incompetence.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Tru3Lemon Killers don´t get more Blood Points than survivors.

They get roughly the same amount per hour played.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

People keep dc during loading too. Glad it’s over soon lol

• NoShinyPony

@Andreyu44 I tried playing solo, SWF and killer. For every role, it takes ages to get a lobby. Also, rank reset has just been two day ago, so almost everyone is playing on ranks closer to each other than usual.

It naturally comes to mind that the reason for these matchmaking issues could be the servers not being able to handle the increased amount of players.

I stopped playing for today now. It's frustrating. It's weekend, I have the time to play, it's 2x BP event and yet I can't play because of the lobby times.

It would be nice if the devs could give us some info about whether they are working on the issue. :(

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I agree with all you guys, something is just wrong today.

Yesterday I wasn't having these issues

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

I'm fairly sure they made some changes and they are clearly not working

• Spaceman94
    Spaceman94 Member Posts: 164

Struggling as both. Much worse as a killer though. Worst thing.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Behavior doesn't currently use their own servers for games, and matchmaking inquiries aren't that intensive unless they programmed their matchmaking system to be ridiculously complex which doesn't seem to be the case based on how lackluster matchmaking is (though I wouldn't put it past them to make it ridiculously complex and yet still somehow not rewarding).

I think the real issue is that they for some reason decided to install the portion of the dedicated server system that stops killers from making lobbies instantly and instead has them wait till a group is formed, and yet for some mind boggling reason I cannot understand didn't actually install the part that waits until a group is formed before making a lobby. Killers currently wait for minutes in order to form a lobby, and then wait even longer for the lobby to fill up. And there's a possibility that the delay in lobby forming is also causing a delay in times for survivors to get into game, but that delay isn't as noticeable.

• nooxet
    nooxet Member Posts: 88

As a survivor I can get a lobby as soon as I press the search for match button, but as killer it's taking me 5+ minutes to even get into a lobby and then like 1-2 minutes to find all 4 survivors. I guess a lot of people are playing killer right now which is understandable.

• NoShinyPony

@Dehitay I know that currenty the killer is the one who is hosting the match. However, BHVR's servers are the ones handling the matchmaking. And the matchmaking is what is taking long.

We don't know how well BHVR programmed their matchmaking and their servers and we don't know how many servers they are using.

I can just make assumptions from what I am seeing: Due to rank reset, people don't have big differences in their ranks. Matchmaking takes ages for solo, SWF and killer, so a shortage of one role is not responsible. We have 50% more players than usual. All that doesn't necessarily mean that the servers are overloaded, but the indications are hinting in that direction.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

An Image of the DbD Server