Hooked survivor codes?

SirPiggy
SirPiggy Member Posts: 52

Should we, as a community make codes for when we're hooked? For example: if we're hooked, and if we can see the killer, we spam our arms like we're doing some workout, or if there's a trap you flap your arms once every 3 seconds, or if the killer is camping maybe flap our arms every second? Those are just examples.

Comments

• SirPiggy

We should add more tho like double flap triple flap, double could mean camper and triple could mean "don't rescue me"

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2019

If you want to be sacrificed, you can just attempt the unhooks and then let yourself die. There's no need to complicate things.

• SirPiggy

What I mean by that is, if they don't come to rescue you that could mean the killer could be around you, looking for other survivors while they see you're flapping 3 times at a time, they know you want to waste his time, meaning they can continue doing gens

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I try flapping my arms when there is a camper.....and then watch 2-3 people come running my way anyway. I think a few streamers have confused people into thinking it means "Come get me" so i stopped using it.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2019

That's what spamming the interaction already means - don't unhook. The "why" is irrelevant, as long as people actually follow the instructions.

Again, there's no need to complicate this. Either it's safe to unhook or it's not. If it is, they should come to unhook. If it's not, they shouldn't and should instead work on generators.

• SirPiggy

All good, just a thought

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I agree. Complicate things so much that those codes will be imposible to understand so it becomes meaningless and survivors can keep trying bad saves. Thanks

• danielbird11
    danielbird11 Member Posts: 150
    edited June 2019

i just do long escape attempts for come save and a short one's for he's camping

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,978

In the early days of the game spamming the unhook without complete the process, so flapping ones arms about basically, was used to show that the killer was near however, this has really been forgotten about as new players have joined and some have thought that flapping their arms has been to show the killer has left.

The only way you can really communicate this is to discuss it in the pregame lobby if you wish to. I don't find it matters too much these days, people will still try to make saves regardless, and with perks such as Borrowed Time, sometimes it will work and sometimes I won't. I don't think specific signals are needed anymore really.