The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A small suggestion about Prestige

What if prestiging a character gave you the ability to taint any outfit you have in your inventory with blood ?

Comments

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

Yeah it's too much work for such little gain in the grand scheme of things

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I know a lot of games where a png is painted on top of the model of the outfit, and I think dbd works in that way. If it does work like this, it may still be a dumb idea to make a version of every outfit bloody, but they might be able to layer the blood textures on top of similar outfits.

For example, nea's tanktop is bloody, and she has many other tanktops that share the same model. I don't think it would be too hard to extract the blood part from the prestige tanktop and put it on the other ones.

If you want to see an example of what I'm talking about, look up "GetAmped 2". You're able to re-texture any piece of clothing by uploading your own picture. I think most 3D games use this method.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Shouldn’t be a problem seeing as cosmetics come out seemingly every week

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544
    edited June 2019

I would prefer if instead of just adding blood splatter on the original clothing, instead they should add nasty cuts and wounds on characters with their original clothing. For example, instead of just adding blood splatter on David's cheek, maybe instead add a bruised eye with a giant cuts on his cheek (make it look like he got out of a grueling battle with a killer)