Head On could use some help

gantes
gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Head on is one of the most fun survivor perks to use in a long time. Good luck using it however.

The perk is terribly inconsistent. Both as survivor and killer I've seen many scenarios where the killer got stunned being nowhere near the locker, and also situations where the killer was literally inches away from the locker, in front of it, and the survivor just busted out of the locker and nothing happened.

I get that part is probably a bit harder to fix. However, I never understood why the perk is gated behind exhaustion. In what world is it in the same level as DH, BL, SB or even Lithe? It obviously should have a cooldown because chain stunning would be ridiculous, but it should have an independent cooldown, like Quick and Quiet or Dance With Me. No point making people decide between Head On and any other busted exhaustion perk.

I think this perk could use some love because it's absurdly fun, the effect itself is extremely situational and nowhere near as gamechanging as any other exhaustion perk and it's way too inconsistent. There's a lot of potential on Head On, and I'd love to see it become more viable.

Comments

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I would love to see the viability, issue with it is that I don't think the Devs care about it right now.

• gantes

I don't think they do either, but they should. A lot of people use it even though it's garbage simply because of how fun it is. If it were more viable, many more people would use it.

• Azurlynx
    Azurlynx Member Posts: 222

Agreed.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

Apply directly to forehead

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

ah yes i still remember that time where i got grabbed when he should have been stunned... dark times. the perks broken

• gantes

You don't even need to grab, you can slap a survivor while they're coming for the stun. It's pretty broken.

• moridoll
    moridoll Member Posts: 27

Another useless perk for survivors that devs just skip over when "fixing" things.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

If only it grant immunity and had more accurate hitting.

• Karanyatsu
    Karanyatsu Member Posts: 30

Yeah, i agree. eariler i played as jane, and tried head on to ghost face where i thought he was in range. i waited 3 seconds and was patient for him to come. it didnt work and he just stared at me. i think he knew what i was trying to do, but also known the perk is not effective, and let me go.

• JustJess
    JustJess Member Posts: 154

This perk is really broken and it'a tilting when killer grabs you or doesn't get stun anyway... Please we really like this perk idea but it's so broken!!

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Head on has a lot of issues.

My favourite: it happened only once, i jumped out of the locker and killer didn't get stunned. We looked at each other for like 5 seconds and i jumped back in. Stunned. Lmao

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I'd actually like this Head On requires you to be smart when you use it already because of 3 seconds so I don't see the problem with it having a separate cooldown. just wish it was more viable.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505

I don't think Head On needs a nerf or a buff. I just think it needs to be FIXED like the post holder said. Head On is my favorite perk, it's just extremely inconsistent. Sometimes you'll hop out, within range, within the parameters of the cooldown and the killer just won't get the stun.

Pls fix.