Perk idea to help slow the gen rush

I haven’t thought of a name but how about a perk like this:

• Calls upon the entity to block the exit doors. Survivors must break 3/4/5 totems in order for the doors to become accessible.

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Besides that not adding enough time: The devs should not implement perks to fix problems with the core design. The core design itself should be changed.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    iTz_KilLaZ_x Member Posts: 300

True I didn’t think of that. Maybe make a mechanic where if the killer does that, it automatically breaks after a min or something. That’s probably too much unnecessary work for just one perk though.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Another idea is to perhaps give killers the ability to close gates after they have been open for a few seconds.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Wouldn't this disable NOED completely?

Not that it would be a problem, No Mither disables Self Care completely after all.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73

Not saying I agree this is the best route to go but if I was balancing this perk I would just make it so that not all of them need to be cleansed but 3 of 5, Thus you remove the camp option.

However until the Placement (to close to gens with line of sight ) and to close to Survivors on maps and a bright red fire on Hex's (use entity fog or have offerings that darken) this will just be a waste to run.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

That would be so OP that people would hunt down the totems with such a vengence it would already make the Hexes we have useless.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited June 2019

The values would have to be 1/2/3 since even if totems spawn too close the killer can just guard those instead.

Alternatively it could be timed. Either when the generators are all complete or when a gate is opened. Maybe max 150 seconds and for every totem destroyed reduce it by 30 seconds. 5 totems completely negates the perk.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

NO. Genrush is fine. GIT GUD! or play with OP killers.