DBD Red Rank Killers, What Makes A Killer Viable?

Options

This is a serious question, as while I only play DBD casually because it offers an experience unlike other games at the moment (Playing at night with my friends and working on a gen in the quiet only to turn my camera and see Myers and run like a chicken with my head cut off is so much fun), I acknowledge that this game has a competitive aspect and usually if I'm around long enough I can figure out what works and what doesn't even if I can't produce the results myself. I love fighting games and watching tournaments and learning new tech, even if I'm not always good enough to do it myself.

Most people say that Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Huntress, and Hag are the best of the best, with Nurse and Spirit being the cut above the rest and Billy being the ideal mold to base Killers around in terms of strengths and weaknesses to make a Killer both fun to play and viable at high-level play. What I'm here is to get your guy's opinions on what makes them better.

From what I've heard, mobility and the ability to apply pressure and map control are the key factors: the better a Killer can do this, the more viable they are in high-level play. This makes sense to me, as since the only objective for Survivors is to do gens and then open the gate (or find the hatch), a Killer who can get around to each generator faster and consistently keep Survivors from working on them has a better chance of getting a 4K.

So looking at just the powers (as Perks are customization as well as add-ons)...Nurse can blink through stuff so she can never be looped and can be where-ever she needs to be; Spirit has boosted movement speed and is hard to keep track of when phasing which gives her good pressure and control; Billy flies across the map and being able to down with a single hit applies pressure on survivors; Huntress being able to have a ranged attack with a "decent" hitbox but with her lower MS and carrying capacity it keeps her from applying as much pressure as those above; and Hag has map control with her traps but the limit in range and time window to teleport to the trap keeps her lower in viability that others.

Does any of this sound correct? If so, is there anything else you can add? If not, feel free to correct me! :)

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Map pressure

Ability to down quickly and close down loops.

Bu the players who is in control is the biggest factor versus who they are against.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

They should be good enough that you can play against only red rank survivors and still win (3K and a pip) around half your games without always having to run Hex: Ruin + Spirit Fury + Enduring.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,555
    edited June 2019
    Options

Basically what others have said:

If your power doesn't counter loops and give some amount of map pressure/mobility then you aren't viable.

Gens are too fast and loops are too strong. That's the world we live in.

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Options

I use Pig. I just drill down everything. Use STBFL for quick chases, then you can apply more pressure from the time saved.