Sound broken

DBDbuildsYT
DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

Hello there,

I am satisfied with the changes to the music so I can finally hear what's going on.

The problem I am experiencing is that sometimes the sound is deceptive, playing gen sounds from my left and the gen is on my right.

It happened twice already, both times in auto heaven

I am on ps4, anyone else got deceptive sound?

Also, the spirit has a very loud sound when using her power which needs also addressing

Comments

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

I've been deceived by sounds for a while now on ps4. Things cutting in and out or just being too loud in comparison. It is especially bad when the heartbeat comes from the right when the killer is actually to my left. Or the heartbeat just cuts out completely when i'm 4 meters away and they don't have M&A or anything to lower it (even then there should be something). Only consistent things I can hear is breathing/footsteps.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

The heartbeat isn't supposed to designate which direction the Killer is approaching. That is only for Huntress lullaby.

• DBDbuildsYT

This new situation is a bit different, it's like footsteps or gens sound from the right but they are on the left.

Confusing during chases because scratch marks go to the right but sounds are coming from my left

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Sounds have been a complete mess for months now. Things being sometimes too loud/quiet, sounds being deceptive (coming from wrong directions), sounds outright not being played at all, and the new sounds occlusion system being able to block pretty much any sounds. And they keep messing with them every chapter. The effort of the developers to fix them has been quite low in the past. Dont expect that to change anytime soon.

• DBDbuildsYT

I understand that and I agree, but this is quite crazy.

It is so bad that you have to guess if going with bugged scratch marks or bugged sound.

It's beyond weird

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

The music is really quiet now on ps4 and the survivor breathing is much more apparent. A couple of times last night I had to check it wasn't the killer.

• DBDbuildsYT

Yes I had a good experience at first glance, until I played legion Susie and my sound was beyond deceptive

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I was playing 7 days to die and I can't remember if it was that game or this which sounds were really off.

One thing which seems to be bugging me is that laggy pallet drops seem to be back.

This discussion has been closed.