If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Reason This Game is So Bad

Options
cTrix
cTrix Member Posts: 122

You just have to look at any of the million complain threads being posted on this forum to spot a common theme.
That theme is the devs not doing anything, or doing too little or doing it too late. You know what that points at? Low man-power, low motivation, and low money invested into the maintenance of this product.

But this game is so popular, they made so much money, how can this be?

Well dear readers, the top CEOs took all that money and...

Put it in Deathgarden.

They are abandoning this game. It's over 2 years old now. Every student of the video game industry knows that 2 years is well past the average life cycle of a video game. So the CEOs are doing the smart thing. Getting out while the getting is good. Why maintain a game where the return on investment is going to only go down? Much smarter to instead invest your money into a new game so you can do the whole cycle again from the start. You know you suckers will fall for it. "Sure DBD was a clusterfuck but the Deathgarden though POGGERS HYPE"

Of course they'll never come out and say "we dont have the money to do the things the community wants from us". Instead they say things like "We're working on it" "We're currently internally talking about/testing this" "It's gonna take a little more time" Just hold them over until Deathgarden comes out and then nobody will care anymore :sweat:
It doesn't matter if people stop playing the game cus it goes to ######### now, cus everyone already bought everything.

You are not required anymore. Go ######### off now kindly and buy our next game :D

Comments

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

DG seems cool but i don't think ill buy it. Hide or Die does seem quite interesting.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335
    Options

I mean no disrespect to anyone who loves Deathgarden, but it will not hold my attention as long as this does. I do want to see an update for DBD one day to perhaps add new modes. I could see a refresh with DBD2.

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Options
    DeathGarden looks garbage as hell. Not to mention the stolen Absolver aesthetic pisses me off to not even wanna get near the game. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@ZombieGenesis said:

@Master said:
    Deathgarden looks less promising than DBD, even DBD with all its problems
    And it would be quite stupid to buy rights of your own game when you plan abandoning it, just saying :wink:

It would be and yet..here we are. Support starting going down hill around, what, January? And people start thinking it was because they were starting to invest resources into DbD 2. Then they said "BIG announcement!" What was that announcement? Not DbD 2...Deathgarden. Since then support has been almost non-existent, the one update they have managed to crank out is late on one third of their services, and the year 2 road map is quite sparse compared to the content we got during year 1.

We also don't know what other licensing agreements they may have with DbD or in what other ways they intend to use that IP. As far as the game goes it has clearly suffered at the expense of Deathgarden.

The big anouncement was the 2.0 patch with cosmetics, not deathgarden, just saying :wink:

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Master said:
    And it would be quite stupid to buy rights of your own game when you plan abandoning it, just saying :wink:

For the merchandising rights.

• bambusratte_xD
    bambusratte_xD Member Posts: 39
    Options
    2 Year life cycle you say? Well, tell that to rainbow six, Lol or even WoW(15years!).
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@bambusratte_xD said:
    2 Year life cycle you say? Well, tell that to rainbow six, Lol or even WoW(15years!).

average, look it up on wiki :wink:

• cTrix
    Options

You assume the devs are working with perfect information and a perfect plan. That they won't make mistake or won't mismanage. Keep in mind these are amateurs that only got lucky their game blew up.

• JP_Cloud
    JP_Cloud Member Posts: 173
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Deathgarden doesn’t interest me in the slightest. There’s just something about it that bugs me. I watched a few vids and it’s just 5 people shooting at the killer at high speeds. Everything goes too fast. I don’t think the plan to capatalise on the popularity of DBD and its players is gonna work out for them. 
  • cTrix
    Options

I've reported a bug with the request to let me know if a dev has acknowledge it's existance, 1 month ago.
    There was no reply. So what does that mean. The devs dont have 1 minute time to leave a reply or nobody looked at my report in a months time?

Also, this thread and others like it exist on this forum and the devs are doing nothing in the way of damage control. I don't know what the Community Manager is doing, but it doesn't involve this forum.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@cTrix said:
    I've reported a bug with the request to let me know if a dev has acknowledge it's existance, 1 month ago.
    There was no reply. So what does that mean. The devs dont have 1 minute time to leave a reply or nobody looked at my report in a months time?

Also, this thread and others like it exist on this forum and the devs are doing nothing in the way of damage control. I don't know what the Community Manager is doing, but it doesn't involve this forum.

I doubt they are aswering any personal questions for a good week. They literally got so flooded the water dam broke with PS4 date questions. Also, what time did you ask, cuz some people forgot timezones exist somehow. Not_queen would only be active up to 8 hours of her day.

• cTrix
    Options

@Jack11803
    Stop writing in green text you nerd. Also read properly.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    JP_Cloud said:
    Deathgarden doesn’t interest me in the slightest. There’s just something about it that bugs me. I watched a few vids and it’s just 5 people shooting at the killer at high speeds. Everything goes too fast. I don’t think the plan to capatalise on the popularity of DBD and its players is gonna work out for them. 
    It will because a fool will always part with their money. Look at what they expect for costumes and they will get it. They will never fix the game just make small changes to keep you spending money.
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@ZombieGenesis said:
    It's amazing how personal some take the opinions and insights of others. Like by saying "We think DbD is doing X" we just kicked their puppy. Then there are the personal insults, the last resort of the desperate. I stand by the things I've said. Don't like or agree with them? That's fine. You're entitled to believe whatever you want.

I do want to say RE: dev streams/YT content that the streams are now coming in with literally half the frequency they once were and we even get missed weeks every now and again with absolutely no explanation as to why. So, what I'm seeing is a slowdown in every conceivable part of DbD. The only beginning this seems to mark, to me, is the beginning of the end.

hey OP,

I don't think the game is dying, in fact I personally "feel" that the game is just beginning, the baby has flown the Starbeeze nest and now going to attempt to fly on its own. In regards to forums being mainly complaints - well that's forums...show me one that isn't like that? People only like to voice opinion when they are pissed off because it instigates debate. No point in putting a forum post "Oh that was pretty good. GL HF"

Deathgarden looks good but its still a ways off, I mean its only just done its 2nd closed beta and its no were near ready for a full release. As other posters have put , getting a full roadmap outlining 4 DLC's doesn't really seem like they giving up just yet.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@JP_Cloud said:

I think it'll take a % of the community away, mostly the trolls i'm hoping because I've play DG and it is a full on Troll fest. like ...insane

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@cTrix said:
    @Jack11803
    Stop writing in green text you nerd. Also read properly.

TRY AND STOP ME

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    DG looks like one of those games that’ll be fun for a week then get incredibly boring/stale then next
  • Siggerad
    Siggerad Member Posts: 47
    Options

I watch a few Deathgarden gameplays and is not for me; looks somehow weird and boring; but i hope other players enjoy that game.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018
    Options

Not a fan of shooters, not gonna buy it

and that price tag, no thx

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I don't think it's abandoned yet, I think it has at least 1 more year in it. I can't comment beyond that.

I see assertations that the game has been abaondoned because their customer support is slow. What you don't realize is that their customer support has always been slow - from day 1. You can't use that as evidence that they have abandoned the game. It's a shameful blemish on this company for sure, but not evidence it's been abandoned.

Game's player count (At least on Steam https://steamcharts.com/app/381210#All) is still healthy and has been stable for months - and it spikes with every new chapter paid or otherwise. Judging by the new killers and survivors I see with every update, this tells me people are paying into it. Game's most expensive parts have been built - adding new content at this point should have a reasonably low overhead. This also means it can run with a lean team and still be profitable.

As for them showing up with Streamers - BE from day 1 has always leveraged the streamer and YT community - and it's worked well for them. Why wouldn't they do that for their new game? And why not use the big DBD streamers? It seems logical that anybody who plays DBD "might" like DG (I'm sitting out on this one myself - it looks like a huge PITA to hit runners in that game)

Do most games have a life cycle of 2 years? Sure, the average would be that low - considering how the AAA industry drives that average way down with the garbage they've put out lately.

At any rate, this game has another year in it I think. Sure BE has a lot of room for improvement (they do make a lot of rookie mistakes) - but given I just rolled over 800 hours in this game, I can forgive them.

• Tiyr
    Tiyr Member Posts: 52
    Options

If this game died within the next 2 years i'd still be happy with what i got for the money i have paid £14.99 and bought all DLC so far 600+hrs of mostly enjoyment with some salt. Do i think it will die in 2 years NO.
    Behaviour arent the greatest team i've encountered and are by far not the worst i hope they continue with the content and game and i hope we all get many many more hours out it.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

Another fear-mongering, end-of-the-world thread.

The game will eventually die and one of you will finally be right.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    Options

They just bought the rights to the game back from the original publisher, and have only just started caring about balance. They have no intention of letting the game die any time soon.

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605
    Options

You get a vote up for using your brain :)

And you get a vote up for commenting something nice. )_(

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

@Master said:

And they wouldn't of recently announced an entire year of planned content. If they really were abandoning this game, we wouldn't be getting dlc. They clearly see past the 2 year life span.

Good thinking, but sadly debunked.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” – Christopher Hitchens.

By the way made up evidence and opinions aren't evenidence.