If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Review Thread : 2.0.0 Update & The Curtain Call DLC

Options
Khalednazari
Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
It's been 3 weeks since it's release on PC, I would like to know what the community feels about the new ui, cosmetic store, shards, auric cells, balance, bug fixes, and the new dlc along with new map. Please pour in your reactions. 

Answers

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    its gud
  • deathdoer1
    deathdoer1 Member Posts: 87
    Options

It looks awesome from what i've seen on youtube. I'm super excited for the pallet vacuum being gone. As a survivor main who didn't need the teleport to help me in a chase...i'm only ever hurt by it because I always managed to some how end up on the wrong side of a pallet during a chase. My main concern is seeing killers hit people WHILE being stunned by pallets...so not excited for the new bugs that come with the new features :-1:

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    Options

It's a step in the right direction, and the new killer and survivor are neat. I'm more looking forward to the next chapter.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

From what I've seen, I like it. The Clown and Kate are cool, imo, and the pallet vacuum being removed is probably one of the best things to happen to this game in forever. It doesn't fix everything, but it's definitely a step forward for the game. I just hope the next chapter rolls around smoother.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    Update? What update? My PS4 isn’t saying there’s an update. Are you on something?
  • Sam00077
    Sam00077 Member Posts: 87
    Options

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Update? What update? My PS4 isn’t saying there’s an update. Are you on something?

Nobody said there was an update on PS4. brokedownpalace was making a joke about the wait.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2018
    Options

I am not of fan of the way you get shards now. Yes you get a lot more each time, BUT it comes with the catch that each payout is more and more spaced out, since it takes a bit more XP to level up each time. IDK if anyone plays Gears 4, but it's similar to the earning rate in that game. There is was a HUGE problem because once you reach re-up 10, it takes FOREVER to level up just once (and you earn credits for each level you reach, just like DBD now). For comparision sake, let me point out that the XP needed to get from re-up 10 to re-up 11 is ALMOST as much as it takes to get from re-up 0 (literally a new account) to re-up 10. YES THAT'S RIGHT. The scaling made it so that eventually a single re-up takes longer than all the 10 before it. I see the same sort of problem happening here, because as you get higher and higher level (IDK if there is a prestige with player level or not) it takes longer and longer to get to the NEXT level, and thus the rate at which you get shards becomes slower and slower. To a point that it would be a serious grind for anyone who puts 1000 hours into the new leveling system to get even a single measly 150 shard payout.

Now one could argue that unlike Gears 4 there is a finite limit to items available with shards, and you don't run the risk of spending shards and not getting a new item (as you buy the item directly with the currency, in Gears 4 you have to basically use creds on loot boxes and hope you get what you want and not dupes). That means that, eventually, with enough playtime, everyone can get every customization in the game, and even though the shard earn rate gets lower, by that point you would have nothing to spend the shards on. However this only remains true if there is a finite number of items to get. If BHVR keeps adding stuff then it's going to become harder and harder to earn everything via shards, eventually reaching a tipping point where it would be impossible to get every item in a reasonable timeframe.

So to that end, I would like to request that on top of the per level shard earnings we also get shards the old way, by finishing games (and up to a max of 10). That way, once I reach level 1 billion or whatever and it takes 999 trillion XP to level up I can still earn shards, even if that means I have to play 100 games to get 1000 shards that's still do-able.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    Sam00077 said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

Nobody said there was an update on PS4. brokedownpalace was making a joke about the wait.

I was trying to make a joke. If I wasn’t, then I would’ve replied to brokedownplace. 
  • KING_DEDE
    KING_DEDE Member Posts: 402
    Options
    The update on ps4 is like John Cena YOU CANT SEE IT 0/10