Borrowed time + Tier 3 madness bug

DBDbuildsYT
DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

This is what happened today, I was chased for 70% of the match from a doctor who loved to shock me to oblivion. When he finally hooked one gen was left.

Someone unhooked with borrowed time, I got hit but managed to escape.

When I reached a safe spot I tried to mend, but I couldn't because snap out had priority so while trying to snap out my deep wound timer finished and I got down.

I don't think this should happen, deep wound should have priority over madness

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

That isn’t a bug (I don’t think it is)

• DBDbuildsYT

Yes had I known I would have done so.

Still it's a silly mechanic, mending should come first.

I can run while mad, I can't while bleeding

• GrootDude

You’d probably scream while mending though.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Is not a bug, how can you mend while mad? Its a nosense

• DBDbuildsYT

How can you run around the whole match while mad? It doesn't seem a big priority, mending should be the priority because otherwise you end up in the dying state.

Death has priority over madness

• GrootDude

But you’d still scream and likely give your location away.

• DBDbuildsYT

yes that would be ok as long as I can mend, it's a fair trade off

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2019

Lol what? You’re not supposed to do just about anything in tier 3. How are you supposed to mend a deep wound while going mad? Think about how stupid that would be. You can’t repair gens, heal Survivors, or use items but you can still mend a deep wound? Just mend while in the terror radius. Simple as that.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

While I'm going to sound like a killer main here, I don't think it should be switched. The entire point or Madness T3 is to stop you doing any major action (with the exception of snap out of it), and I believe Mending is a major action. This just means doctor has a counter to BT that takes a while to work. And if it's really too much of an issue, find another survivor to mend you.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

Why should mending be an exemption? Driving survivors insane so they can't perform actions is The Doctor's ability. God forbid survivors find a killer's ability inconvenient. Now you know how the interaction works you can make a different choice in the future.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited June 2019

@Dreamnomad

I have mixed feelings about this, I'll argue both sides if the debate.

In Favor: Mending Taking Priority

Imagine this real life scenario: You're dying on the floor, and there's a Med-kit beside of you. However, you're chained to a wall, but you can STILL reach the Med-kit to heal yourself.

The chains represent madness, you dying represents the time you have before going down.

The chains are less life threatening than your current health, so you would take priority on making sure you're okay before you start on the chains.

Furthermore, you can still use keys while in madness III. This means survivors still have common sense to know what is more important so, my scenario above does make sense.

Not In Favor: Madness Taking Priority

Technically, The Doctor is supposed to prevent survivors from doing anything period because they are too insane to do anything.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about this. Perhaps... you can get both choices at once "Snap Out Of It" and "Mend"?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

@NMCKE You have clearly never met an insane person. You make it sound like an insane person has a "choice" whether they want to be insane. They literally see and hear things that aren't there. Their brain doesn't function right. They lack the ability to make the right choice. In your metaphor the insane person might think a bandage is a snake and start kicking it instead of wrapping it around their wound. They might think the med kit is a cake and try to eat it. But more than likely they simply wouldn't even notice the med kit and be too distracted by the spiders crawling under their skin.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

To be honest you can still open the exit gate in madness 3.

It is true snapping out of it takes priority over mending though. I don't know if this is balanced or a bit too strong. Arguably the old version of Deep Wound (Timer only paused in a chase) would be a bit too strong with Doc's madness but the current version (Timer pauses in the terror radius, even if you're not in a chase) seems less broken.

So I don't know if it should be changed or not. Madness 3 is supposed to block all actions and item use but keys can currently still be used, and the exit gate (Which is a "channeled" action) can still be opened in Madness 3.

So I'm not sure if it should be changed. There's already other actions that you can still do. It doesn't seem like it's overpowered considering you can have another survivor mend you or hide near doc's terror radius as you snap out of it, then mend.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

@Toybasher gates don't count because the killer can stall the game by just endlessly shocking a survivor trying to open gate, allowing the killer to hold the game hostage in some scenarios.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Considering deep wounds was originally intended to be a threatening condition, the fact that something can actually make it slightly more threatening instead of a joke isn't really that powerful. Especially considering it's still not that threatening to start snapping out of it when outside the terror radius and be able to start mending in time knowing full well that if the doc comes back, you can just start running again cause the terror radius will stop deep wounds.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited June 2019

@Dreamnomad

If you're dying, your body will tell you that - regardless of your mental state.

However, I'm not going to pick sides, I have a neutral stance about OP's idea. I won't be bothered if it changes or if it stays as it is! :)

• DBDbuildsYT

The point is thst madness 3 is not really like being insane, you are a, pretty much, fully functional looper.

If I can loop, vault or throw down pallets I should be able to mend.

Either way it's fine, since it isn't a common situation but I'm fairly confident it isn't something intended but an oversight

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

It just means you have to snap out followed by mending. If you want to move outside the tr and unpause the timer then the extra risk of going down is on you. Its not stopping you from doing it, you just can't do it without a risk. Its inside the tr where killer may find you or outside where its a race against the timer to complete both.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

The doctor has so little strength and you'd take even that from him? No one else counters borrowed time and doctor is otherwise bottom tier.

• DBDbuildsYT
    edited June 2019

Not that it really matters to me since it happened once in my whole dbd career, I'm simply pointing out that I believe this is an oversight since when doc was released BT was functioning in a different way and nothing was done to rectify this situation.

All in all Doc is still a low tier killer, he is just annoying and, IMO, unfunny to verse.

It's not a crusade on my part, if it stays like this I'll mend inside tr now that I am aware of this.