So I'm thinking of using NOED...

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

I never really used this perk as it's always frowned upon but I think I'll equip it if I know I'm going against a sweaty SWF 4-Man with an Ebony Mori to even the odds a bit.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to enjoy this game and have fun as killer, not worry about the competitive scene too much.

Is it still frowned upon to use NOED, what are your thoughts?

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I don't care if people use I personally think it's a trash perk and it can be useful because people will do totems even if you don't have it equipped.

• Glaik
    Glaik Member Posts: 9

Take hillbilly with your best accesories and ebony vs swf and enjoy. Since those who usually go in premade are toxic and abusive.

• screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213

It may be frowned upon to use NOED but you won’t be frowning when you kill everyone in the end game :) especially if it’s a game of 4 man SWF who spend the game antagonising you and thinking they’re invincible. Nothing quite as satisfying as the first down, who is none the wiser.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    edited June 2019

Tbh I think the best response to antagonising survivors is a dc. It literally leaves bitter in their mouth, as an alternative you can just afk in a corner until they leave.

Toxicity must die, the sooner the better

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Survivors get so grumpy when my NOED gets activated, but I get to put a smile on their faces... a BIG RED smile from ear to ear :-)

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

1 more noed user really doesnt matter, even i use it despite hating getting noeded as surv

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

I think i am the only survivor i know that hunts totems every game. Don't worry about survivors. If they can't take 75 seconds over 4 people to cleanse totems then they don't deserve the escape.

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

As long as it's in the game (and not a bug being exploited), than it's fair play. If you want that endgame build, NOED is a valid part of it. If you like the salt, keep chat on. If you don't, close it. Have fun however you see it and don't let others ruin it.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

It's like when you have three survivors slugged and the 4th finishes the last gen, all survivors have adrenaline and suddenly get up and race away in different directions. That's what noed feels like, but it happens way more often than four man adrenaline teams who happen to have people downed right when adrenaline procs.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

I stopped using NOED once I got some experience with game.

Yes, in some games NOED can help you to secure 1-2 more kills, but most of times it helps you to get 1-2 more hooks at best. I see survivors cleanse totems in all my games, since I mostly play with low-tier Killers with no perks, survivors assume I have NOED, cause they dont see other perks during match.

If I play as survivor I always clean totems I see in my way, especially if I recognize less then 4 perks during trial.

Though, if you play in lower ranks - survivors tend to rush gens and run away, ignoring totems, so running NOED could be useful, especially if you're not so good in chases.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

There's definitely some killers you always expect NOED with because the incidence rate is high with them - Freddy, Pig, Wraith, Hag, Doctor, Trapper.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

NOED is one of the best perks in the game. Why wouldn't you use it?

But if you bring an ebony mori you probably won't need NOED unless you do really bad or you're playing against optimal survivors in which case they'll probably have the totems cleansed. Ebony Moris are almost guarrenteed 4ks or one survivor might escape through the hatch if you don't know where it is.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

I have no idea why I need NOED on Doctor, Wraith, Pig, Freddy and Hag. I can probably understand on Trapper since he needs more time to collect his traps than Hag, but I still better use perk that will help me through all trial, not only last 2 minutes.

I dont run perks on my Killers for a month or so, and I have pretty much fun playing like that. I use occasionally BBQ for points and Deerstalker to find slugs, but that's it.

• TerminalEntropy
    TerminalEntropy Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2019

There is a group of survivors that's going to always frown upon anything that might get them into a corner. I'm going to say what already has been just to throw in more weight - don't care about survivors and their fun, you make your own rules as the Killer.

NOED has always been fun or should I say, it's the only way to make the ending part of the game fun for the Killers without teleporting or snaring abilities. Use it to your hearts content when you feel like it! Also don't get it in your head about Killer "having to use it" because it's going to become the second others-people-opinion that influences your choice.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    edited June 2019

I'm around rank 4 surv and it's honestly not as good of a perk as you think. If someone is hooked than yes it's a great perk. If not, the perk is mediocre because you A. Loop the killer while someone else opens the gates or B. Wait till the killer passes to 99.9 it

Also you should be looking to have the game done before the gates are opened (unless it's the hatch)

It can be good on some killers (Huntress, Nurse, Ghostface) but ends up to be a far worst perk than people believe at high ranks.

I'd say if you're above rank 8 or if youre one of the killers I mentioned above, use it. If not, than use different perks.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

there is no rule that forbids you to play with NOED. if you want to do so, do it.

dont listen to the crybabies that try to tell you that "NOED is an OP crutch perk for babie killers", and play the game the way you want to play it!

if you wanna hear my opinion on weather you should run NOED or not, i would not recommend the perk.

its not because its "OP" or "unfun" or anything like that, but because i believe there are many better alternatives out there. NOED is simply too much reliant on the survivors - and if they cleanse totems you basically play the entire game with only 3 perks. if you want to run a good endgame perk, id recomment Bloodwarden. Survivors dont hate you for it, its relatively easy to use and its very effective. or run both, if you like to see the world burn! >:D

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

I love using noed with Myers. Survivors never expect it and talk about a game changer at endgame. Monitor and abuse w noed and dead rabbit REALLY makes them mad.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Go for it dude, who cares what the Survivors think, you're the Killer after all.

I never used NOED, never get to endgame, most times I kill the 3 Survivors, close hatch and find the Survivor on a door and chase him, he knows he's dead then.

• Temporary_Solutions
    Temporary_Solutions Member Posts: 16

if it works, it works

• The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269

In high ranks most peeps clean all the totems, or they find it before you get any good use out of it. So its a gamble. Hexes always are. Especially with the lame totem spots.

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193

NOED can be good, so long as you don't rely on it as if you get survivors who actually bother to cleanse the dull totems (like my friends and I do), chances are there won't be a totem left to activate it.

However, it's a very useful perk when you've had a team who just rushed through doing the gens, then decide to go hunting for totems, chests and the like before opening the door. Combined with EGC it can be a game changer, as well as payback if the survivors have been a pain.

One thing I have found is that if I want to run NOED, then I tend not to run any other hexes - no ruin means survivors often get sloppy and ignore the totems, so they get caught out towards the end.

I don't run it as often as I used to but still think it's a good perk. Ultimately, as killer, it's up to you how you want to play and if you want to use NOED, don't let others put you off.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

It situational because sometimes it won’t activate because all the totems are cleansed. I personally try to cleanse all the totems if the killer is something like Wraith or Freddy who are notorious for running NOED. Most of my teammates are garbage though so I have to cleanse on the totems and the game doesn’t even get to the end :/

Sometimes you’ll kill all survivors before the gates are even powered so you basically wasted a perk slot the entire game.

You’re also going through the entire game with only three perks hoping that it’ll activate at the end.

It also depends on the killer you play. Killers like Nurse, Billy, and Spirit would be EXTREME overkill to use NOED. A killer like poor Leatherface or Wraith could definitely use the help.

It’s just not a good perk to me personally. Although if you want to use it then nobody should frown upon you for using it.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Use whatever you want, survivor is more fun when there is a high threat of danger.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Noed is a fun perk if you don't crutch on it. Having it as a safety net is nice but never come to rely on it regularly

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Noed is nice since at high ranks everyone gen rushes. Who cares if they flame you or it's frowned upon? play your way and enjoy the game. as @ClogWench said, if you use it as a crutch then it won't be helpful, but as a nice just in case perk it's really good.

• PwnyFish
    PwnyFish Member Posts: 70
    edited June 2019

Except the issue that survivors dont know how many totems have been done. Which kills that whole argument of "just do totems".

To the question itself, using Noed is obviously fine, but depending on what killer you play, I wouldnt recommend it. On killers like nurse, billy, hag,spirit, myers and others I wouldnt use it except if you are going for a full endgame build with noed,bloodwarden,bitter murmur or something like that.

You have to realise that with noed, you have quiet a disadvantage until the endgame.

• PwnyFish
    PwnyFish Member Posts: 70

Lets say you cleansed 2 totems and have seen 1 cleansed by someone else. 3 totems, gj. Are you now gonna run around the map finding the last 2 totems because you dont know if they are already cleansed or not? Im sorry, but this is stupid.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

Noed is a fine perk, to be honest one of the better examples of good balance in the game. People who whine about it .. just seem pitiful to me honestly. Its a perk which removes a perk from the killer through most of the game, it can be countered if people do totems resulting in a wasted perk (the risk of bringing it) and punishes survivors for failing at their 2ed objective. As an ability it can be strong late game but as it has counter play and cost to the killer even when not countered; I see this as a great perk that adds flavor to the game. As a survivor its do you gamble on a gen rush or do you take the time for the threat of noed in the last 1-2 mins of the game. This game was once a game about hard chooses, though it really isn't any more this still has the spirit of that in mind I feel and I love it.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

If you want to use it then use it. It is there to be used by killers. There is no special guidelines you have to follow to play killer. If you have survivors that get caught by noed then that is their fault. If they have don't even give them the chance to say anything otherwise to you. Just type gg and leave. If you don't you're gonna get shat on till they've brainwashed you into thinking you're playing the wrong way. I hate seeing that happen to people wanting to have fun in this game. Survivors will use everything in their vast arsenal and be hateful on top of it. A killer does the same thing and you get pelted with insults and biased critiques about how you're supposed to play.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I personally use it when I have no better perks

Other than that I think it's fine for you to use it, it's a strong perk of course but it has all the counterplay that survivors need to nullify it

That's why I always try to cleanse dull totems during the trial, in case the killer has NOED

When I got to rank 1 I decided to try a Hex only build on Hag, I had Thrill as well, I noticed that they destroyed all my dull totems before halfway through the match, so use it at your own risk