Cosmetic Pricing

2»

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I agree with this and they always have the excuse "just use iridescent shards then" when it takes an absurd amount of time to get them.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

They let the money get to their heads. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people think it’s fair (for whatever reason) to spend $10 on an outfit (or $5 on a weapon or piece of clothing) and it tells BHVR that people will spend ridiculous prices on cosmetics. I kind of understand the prices for the licensed, Hallowed Blight, and Moonrise cosmetics, but that’s it. Non-event/licensed outfits should cost $5 at the most and non-event/licensed weapons or pieces of clothing should cost $2 at the most. The prices they have now are insane. There’s some cosmetics that I really want, but the prices are ridiculous and most of them are Auric Cell only. They’re giving companies like Activision and 2K a run for their money.

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126

I like skins because they taste good when i mori them as hag. My fav is ace's gold skin... Yummy 😋

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Peanits @not_Queen could we get a official statement on this? Are there some changes planned? Some skin sales? Anything?

Do you understand this as games as a service?

• yes
    yes Member Posts: 361

Currently, I've spent at least 40+ dollars on Auric Cells. All of them went to Kate.

I still don't have all of her cosmetics yet, and I'm not spending anymore. I need 400 to get her Morning Daze shades but I'm not spending $5 on a head that I'm gonna get bored with in the next 2 days.

This needs to be changed. Maybe we could buy 10 auric cells for 10 cents, 100 for $1, and so on. If not, then I totally agree with having the prices changed, because that's what I desire the most.

@not_Queen @Peanits

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

Those high prices for outfits are there to ensure a steady flow of income to make new content. We get dlc for free (pay with shards). Doesn‘t mean I like those high prices for outfits. I wont buy any of them for real money. I did buy all licensed dlc, excluding outfits, to support the game. Ever since Bathesda releaed the horse armor we got those payed cosmetics and Capcom killed it for me for their high priced outfits in Street Fighter 5. After that I no longer bought any outfits in any game. BHVR wont see a single cent from me for outfits at the current price point.

Vote with your wallet!

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Completely agree. The skins are completely overpriced. They should be half the price (£4 UK) for a full skin pack.

Also simple colour variants should be unlockable and not sold.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

@Jdsgames yeah but EA have always been full of ######### 😂 don't get me wrong I won't complain if they do drop the prices, it will save my wallet a bit of hammering.

My only complaint would be they dont do enough skins you can unlock with achievements and stuff like something as simple as a T shirt for adept survivor trophys or something. It's kinda ######### that the only actual unlockables are p3 cosmetics (not counting events)

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

IMO, I'm fine with the prices if all the skins (except licensed things because it's out of their hands) were available with ingame shards. The shards should be lowered because, 21k shards is just insane too give Hag a dress and some bling.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

I really hope they comment on this

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited June 2019

Say thanks it s one way around. Imagine paying for dlc that amount of money...

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Cmon Cote, what are you doing in here in the forums?

• Slayer
    edited June 2019

They ask for sims dlcs the same amount of money they ask for the game and they make a bunch of them so you have no choice at all you either buy them all to completely enjoy the game or you dont play the game at all.

P.S. Not to mention that every dlc force the game to require more of resources.

• Slayer
    edited June 2019

How many hours you spend in pvp game ? 500-1000+

How many hours you spend in a single player game for 40-60$? 20-30+

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

because a comment make everything better and we get to know what they think about it instead of keeping silent

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

The cosmetics and the licensed characters are the only things people can't get via grinding. Without any discounts, the base game + licensed characters are $55 on steam only. For a game that is 3 years old and frequently DOES go on sale, usually at a heavy discount. Ongoing sales from the base game and older DLC are probably a small minority of the money they make off of the game now-a-days. Most of the money probably comes from newer dlcs and Auric Cells.

With that being stated, BHVR is not a charity. If you want them to keep supporting the game, they need to make a big enough profit for it to be worth it to them. Cosmetics are a relatively harmless way for them to continue to monetize a 3 year old game while continuing to offer every original DLC character for free. Because I guarantee you the cheaper people who have been playing for 3 years can easily just save up 9K or 18K blood shards for each quarterly release without breaking a sweat; so even the value of brand new dlc is mostly in the real money exclusive cosmetics.

At the end of the day, not being able to have every killer and survivor costume is not going to hurt you. And it keeps the game running. So them selling cosmetic DLC is fine.

As for the cosmetic dlc pricing, the other reality of the situation is that they need to also make a profit off of DLC; and some costumes like the Hallowed Blight ones probably cost a crap ton to make. The price tag is absolutely fair for some of the best costumes; but as stated I personally believe the pallet swaps should be considerably cheaper.

• Venomoriginal
    Venomoriginal Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2019

It doesn't matter how much cosmetics cost since it doesn't affect gameplay. But this predatory 'virtual currency' bs needs to go.

I don't want to buy 12$ 'pack' of 'virtual currency' for 10$ skin everytime I want one. And this practice preys on those who don't want to waste their money by tricking them into spending more.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

The virtual currency lets them get around listing each item as individual dlc. It also lets them hand it out.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Peanits @not_Queen could you please comment on this?

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

It IS just virtual cosmetics, none of them have any gameplay impact so they can charge any amount.

• yes
    yes Member Posts: 361

yes, but, for someone that actually enjoys the cosmetics and plans to spend on them, the prices should be reduced. it's idiotic that someone has to spend $10 on one skin.