Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can the Killer Open The Exit Gates?

I remember seeing something about this during the build up to the release of the end game collapse, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

Pls tell how do pls.

Or Was it not implemented?

Best Answers

Answers

• jaerthebear
    jaerthebear Member Posts: 212

Okie, Thank Erry1!

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

Yes you can open an exit gate, but I believe you can open them as long as the exit gates are able to be opened by survivors and the hatch hasn't been closed by you the killer.

For how to do it, I believe you have to press and hold the action button on the exit gate panel (the same action button used to kick generators)

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@Peanits

Thanks lol I feel like a idiot.

Tryed opening it after I shut the hatch.

Ty for the clarification.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

What strategies can there be for opening gates? I can only think of Insidious Bubba...

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

@Ember_Hunter

Amanda is pretty much the one of only killers who could strategically use that and even with her it's not reliable as it's a very possible that in the time it took them to pop the last gen to activate your trap the survivor with the rbt would have probably either searched enough boxes to get it off or would only have one box left

• MysticalMagic92
    MysticalMagic92 Member Posts: 123

@Ember_Hunter

Opening the gates is not a strategy. It's more of a give-up button. The reason why it was implemented is so survivors couldn't stall the game which allowed the killer to force them out. It is pretty much a concede button that forces the survivors to leave.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

If your using blood warden this can stop survivors leaving

• Silly_pig
    Silly_pig Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2020

So, the killer opens both gates?

I thought I was opening only one. Wouldn't it be more a statistical

option if I only opened one. I'm just one man!!

I was doing it out of respect for a fun game. Also cause I wanted a bottleneck final confrontation

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Opened it as Pig yesterday. 3 people all with activated helmets. Then they all got their helmets off first try and I had to slug two to death. Still mad RNG gave me the finger.

• Silly_pig
    Silly_pig Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2020

Rbt are awesome but not really an end gamer I wish but that's not a thing. Unless your high level pig with red add-ons

Just my experience with the game I wish the survivors couldn't see the jigsaw boxes.

That would make hunting them alot more fun