The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

THE CUBE CHAPTER (will be updated)

JDHH
JDHH Member Posts: 6
edited June 2019 in Creations

Heya! Recently i rewatched the cube (1997) and i sat there thinking "this should be a dbd chapter" so i wrote this, currently the only thing thats done is kazan, i know this may not be the highest quality, but its my first time doing this sort of stuff. (also yes, im not english xd)

new survivor: Kazan

"kazan was a troubled, autistic mind, who became trapped in the cube with 7 strangers, he did not understand the situation he was in, but through the kindness of the doctor (hollaway) he found comfort in the group, when it was found out that kazan has the ability to rapidly calculate prime numbers, he, leaven and worth found the bridge to escape the cube, however, quentin was desperate to get out, he murdered leaven and mortally wounded worth, before he could escape and kill kazan however, he was split in two by the cube. As the light filled kazan's vision, a strange fog filled what seemed to be an endless white void, and he found himself within the realm of the entity, kazan did not understand, but knew he was in danger."

perks:

"prime numbers" you have an ability to rapidly calculate numbers, this helps you rapidly overcome technical problems in the trial

1st idea: 3 times during a trial, after looking in the killers direction for 3 seconds, you will be able to see the killers aura, while giving them a fake notification in the oppisite direction the killer is facing, this perk has a cooldown of 60/40/30 seconds (i originally wanted it to do with numbers, but instead i thought that maybe kazan could think while in the trial, using the landscape)

2nd idea: (this perk could maybe let kazan either preform a channel to increase an items use time, or find use time in chests)

"the numbers can tell us which rooms are trapped" -leaven

"this room is green"

the landscape of the trial will now be divided into 4 regions, whenever you enter a new region you will recieve a warning if the killer is within the region (i feel like this would kinda have a connection to how worried kazan is by a room simply by visual clues)

"this room is green.... i wanna go back to the blue room" -kazan

"TRAP!" or "he does not like red rooms"

if a survivor is hooked in the basement, or 20m away from you, you will be able to see the killers aura for 5/10/12 seconds, but will not be able to see the hooked survivor (the hud will have to be used here)

"TRAP TRAP TRAP" -kazan or "YOU'RE ON BABYSITTER DUTY" -quentin

POTENTIAL COSMETICS:

so, in the movie, kazan really only has two outfits, the first one is when he is wearing the "prison" uniform (grey-ish shirt with the name "kazan" written in black above where his heart is, grey-ish pants and black boots) he wears this the first time we see him in the movie, the second outfit he wears is basically the same, (white t-shirt and some sort of long boxer shorts, nothing else) but the top layer of clothes removed, they took them off in the movie to create a makeshift-rope

outfit 1:

outfit 2:

(this is also the light and white void i mentioned in kazan's bio, its basically the escape in the movie, but its never explained what lies beyond)

the killer for this chapter is quentin

THE RAT (WILL BE UPDATED EVENTUALLY)

New killer: The rat

"quentin mcneil was a loving husband and father untill his life fell before him, his wife left him, and his job as a police officer made him quite angry and violent with his children, however, all of his previous thoughts changed when he woke up in a strange cube, after nearly getting his head chopped off by the cube, he found 6 people (the 7th is alderson, i also said 7 in kazan's bio, but alderson never meets the rest of the group and dies within the first 15 minutes of the movie), he tired his best to befriend and act as a leader for the group, however, as the situation seemed to grow ever so dire, he went insane, after killing hollaway in secret, he commanded everyone else around, and threw worth into unchecked rooms, after leaven and worth got rid of him by dropping him into a seperate room, they tried to escape with kazan, however, quentin somehow caught up to them, brutally murdered leaven and mortally wounded worth, he tried to go after kazan, and be set free, however, as he was about to leave, worth used the last of his strength to grab quentin's leg, causing him to be cut in half by the moving rooms, the last thing he saw was kazan escaping, as he closed his eyes however, he felt his legs again, after a few hours he had mutilated the bodies of leaven and worth using the same handle he used to kill them, after this, he escaped the same way as kazan, however, instead of seeing the light of day, his world filled with fog, he saw his body turn pale, and just noticed that his lower body was now horribly disfigured and connected to him again, the next thing he saw was a campfire, and kazan sitting by it. He was not going to let kazan get away this time, he was not going to let anyone escape."

(the part about him having pale skin and a disfigured body is sorta to add to the killer look, it would be pretty strange to just see some who kinda looked like tapp going around killing people)

Power: undying insanity.

you have a strange power to find ways to escape even the most unescapeable situations, you use this to your advantage.

my current idea for the power is that, since he somehow survived all the trapped rooms in the movie, while trying to get to whats left of the group, he should maybe have some passive resistance to obstacles, and besides that, i was either thinking of an aura reading thing based on where he thinks the survivors might be, or negative effects to every survivor he chases (or commands around in this case) like penalties to running speed, repair speed and item usage, what i think is that quentin should be more human than the other killers, and that his power should stem from the little we got of him in the movie, however he is just as insane.

Perk 1:

"I'm a cop"

1st idea: Whenever you are in front of a dying survivor, you can preform a short channel to see their current item and its addons, however this perk will only work on your obsession.

"Its my job to read people like an x-ray" -Quentin

Perk 2:

"Rat maze or The room is trapped"

1st idea: After chasing a survivor for at least 10 seconds, and then hitting them, their HUD status will not be changed, and all the other survivors in the trial will recieve a faint terror radius that will grow over 6 seconds, then vanish.

"I'm not dying in a ######### RAT MAZE" -Quentin

Perk 3: unknown as of right now

Addons: these will include the few belongings he had from the cube (like his boots and the cloth rope the group created for hollaway) and everything besides that will probably be what i think his personal belongings are, and some belongings of the other characters (like the glasses of leaven, a lock of hollaways' hair, renns' shirt buttons and worth's blood)

Mori: Quentin stands in front of the survivor and grabs them by the back of their head, then stabs them through the neck, after this he looks at the corpse and says "Red" (the kill itself is not a refference to the movie, but the red line will take inspiration from when he said "Red kazan." while taunting kazan at the end of the movie)

POTENTIAL COSMETICS

so, im thinking that his standard cosmetics should be the same as kazan's, and that his potential store cosmetics should mimic his insanity, while still keeping the leader/good guy cop theme

His weapon will be the handle he got from one of the cube hatches

(everything currently written about him may be edited since i wrote this quite late in my time and might regret it later, lolz xd)

New map: The cube

"the cube is a mysterious place, the location and purpose of it is unknown, but what is known is that its dangerous, every room has a possibility to be your death, tread lightly."

so, since the map cant really have death traps, i think the map should sort of be like the gideon meat plant, its gonna have 2 floors and 18 rooms in total, 6 on each floor, so my current idea is that each room of the cube should have some sort of unique vegetation, or obstacle for the survivors, that is easier to navigate and capitalize upon in 1st person

the rooms will look like this, just different colors (with stairs in place on the hatches since survs and killers cant climb)

this is also a lil demo of what the rooms could look like, however everything will have to be bigger of course

Post edited by JDHH on

Comments

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

Ohh boy... What a movie you brought out! Interested to see what you come up with! :)

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I want to see more of what you come up with! I'm very interested with the perks and characters.

• Esskay
    Esskay Member Posts: 21

I know this is late but I'd love this idea. Personally I'd think it would just work better as a solo survivor though, and maybe Leaven would be better for the survivor, seeing how Kazan is very autistic, and it wouldn't make sense for him to be running around like you see DBD survivors do.