Please remove slight/moderately/considerably.

Options

Please remove these terms, I've played for 1800 hours and still struggle to understand what the numbers are for certain addons, like clowns etc.

I'd rather have numbers, it's a lot easier for veterans but new players aswell. They'll know exactly how much time they're getting reduced on cooldowns for example.#

It's time for a change, this will be a massive QOL change!

Comments

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

I hope that if we finally get numbers, I can slightly increase my survival rate? (I do suck most of the time though)

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

Just slightly more puns in this thread ;)

(Just a little bit)

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

It's irritating, but it's something that I got use too, since you don't really need too know the exact numbers. And if you do, the game tells you. I feel there are much more important things too talk about IMO.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

I've heard this is completely intentional for the gameplay. I have no further info as to why

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited June 2019
    Options

Or make it toggleable. So new players, who dont care about numbers, can read the description, while veteran players can enjoy the exact numbers.

On a side-note, alot of Nurse's add-ons have wrong descriptions because of that system. Like the White Nit Comb is used to counteract the downside of Pocketwatch, not the Metal Spoon, like the desciptions imply. (Even the offical Wiki says so)

• alma41
    alma41 Member Posts: 38
    Options

Stacks and does not stack is so sloppy in the descriptions. Like they hired a new guy half way to write these, fired him, and then hired him back some months later and the previous guy is still slightly and sometimes moderately writing some of them...but they are considerably poor.

• MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246
    Options

I know BHVR may like the idea or think it makes them unique, yes it's unique because no one will actually use it, it's really bad. Numbers are so much easier to understand than this vague terminology

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314
    Options

I agree

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Agreed. When you are trying to maximize your effectiveness vague terms that change from item to item and addon to addon are useless.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

I actually like having it this way. It's just different. They need to set ranges tho

• Didiez
    Didiez Member Posts: 51
    Options

I actually agree with this one numbers would be much more helpful for everyone

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Slight/Moderate/Considerable/Tremendous I'm fine with, but it would be nice to have the numbers available somewhere in the game.

What I really hate is that the old scoring category names are still on some addons

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

they won't because they are lazy, having to update the number when you change them would atleast add 10 more second of work

Better to use extremely vague term that mean literaly nothing

• alma41
    Options

They've done studies you know; 60% of the time, it works every time.

• Riddick
    Riddick Member Posts: 121
    Options

An official response stating the position from the devs would be appreciated. I've wondered this myself a lot of times as well. I understand the rationale given by @drimmalor, but it is rather misleading as it was posted concerning the Pig's addons.

• alma41
    Options

But oddly enough you do use numbers and mix like on Freddy, Swing Chains 25% versus Jump Rope tremendously. I have no clue to gauge which is stronger?

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Pig main here. I thought the green +1 box was also +30s timer. lolz

This designation system is very dumb.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

Then use a god dam calculator list.

Example:

Without perks and addons

Pallet stun = 2 Seconds

Spirit ability movement speed = 7 ms

With perks and addons

Pallet stun = 1 Seconds
    Spirit ability movement speed = 9.5 ms

Highlight it, use some graphic magic tricks.

And then all players can see, how the perks and addons affect the killer.

And maybe you guys should rework and bug fix addons.

Bubba wants his chilli.

• MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246
    Options

I'd rather an option to toggle numbers on/off rather than be forced to have something that a lot of people don't understand

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

An option to toggle on or off would Moderately make most people happy.

• t6nut
    t6nut Member Posts: 4
    Options

It's not simplifying at all. More like making things more confusing and harder to understand. I've been using google since day 1 on every goddamn word they haven't bothered to explain in the game... And I keep googling the same things over and over again, because I don't remember them since they are not that obivous. How freakin hard can it be? -----------------> Increase slightly (+4%) <------------- (I also mean things like exposed (1 hit to down) etc.) These words don't tell me anything about the perks or real game effects. Basically I end up on steamforum/wiki/youtube and see what the stuff really does etc.

• Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194
    Options

while your at it please add a mode to trade in those poop color addons for BPs i dont care if i get less BPs.. and i want to just click a buttion and all poop addons should covert to bps.. i dont use them and i have a stockpile of em. please :P

• LegionGhostface
    LegionGhostface Member Posts: 162
    Options

agreed

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

God yes, remove these awful terms.

It is technically "simpler" for new players, but it definitely isn't better, more intuitive or helpful for them at all.

Other games (like Diablo 3) have an option to toggle between "simple" and "complex" descriptions that makes them actually use all of the relevant numbers. This would be an IMMENSE step up.

From being a new player to now, I have ever once been happy that the values are obscured. It makes my decision making harder and flawed, and forces me to use an outside source (the wiki) just to know what is worth a slot or not.

If all of these were removed, I don't think a single person would be worse off.

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248
    Options

Can we get like an encyclopedia for example for players that want to have deeper knowledge of the game?

Something like this -

A fun idea is it lists every killer speed, addon numbers, stuff like that for more advanced players, while still keeping the normal "Slightly, Moderately" in the addons for new players.

It'd be a wonderful QOL change so I don't have to guess how much one "slightly" is different than another "slightly."

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,255
    Options

In my opinion numbers would be easier to understand. You just need to list the base value and what it changes to with the modifier. Right now as a new player I'd question what does Slightly, Considerably, Moderately, etc even mean? What am I basing this off of? Number values are easier to read and easier to compare to a base value in my opinion.

Good example is movement speed. You can see all the killers movement speed on the Bio Page. Then you look at Judith's Tombstone for example and it just says it Tremendously reduces movement speed and that honestly doesn't tell me anything aside from I'll move slower. I can't remember what that specific tremendous value is and use it for comparison in any of my other experiences. Like if I had the specific value right then and there I could better understand or have an idea in advanced how quick other killers are with and without addons.

• GreentheNinja
    GreentheNinja Member Posts: 71
    Options

I just wish I didn't have to go to the Wiki in order to know exactly how much all these values are.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

Diablo 3 does this; it defaults to basic information but you can hold or press a button (iirc) and it expands the tooltip with the actual numbers and percentages.