Hear me out, REMOVE RUIN!

Options
BOSS242
BOSS242 Member Posts: 171

Hear me out before you down vote. :)

Remove ruin AS A PERK and instead slightly modify it and make it just how Gens work.

The slight mod would be,

Missed SC= additional 5% regression added to the current penalty.

Good SC= No regression but a pause in progression for 3 seconds.

Great SC= No regression, no pause, NO additional progression.

This would "slow the game down, just a little bit." (Thanks Monto xD) but not in a way that makes gens feel like a hold button simulator.

SC would be exciting, and matter ALWAYS and take some focus to have to hit the great SC to finish a gen in a perfect 80 seconds.

Now without ruin, all 4 perk spots are open leaving killers free to try a whole new build spectrum without the need to waste a slot just trying to make games last long enough.

Thanks for listening, and what do you folks think? :)

Comments

• BOSS242
    Options

Maybe they could add a survivor perk that makes greats a little easier to hit?

Not astronomically easier, but something to numb the pain a bit.

And with that being said, SC's are a huge part of this game. Git gud at them, or die! XD

• MJ_Out
    MJ_Out Member Posts: 184
    Options

Mmh, somehow I could imagine, that this way could work really good. Maybe 3 seconds would be a little bit to harsh, but the idea is fine, I guess.

But in that case, what do we do with Ruin? Because hag need a third perk again if we would change it in that way.

• BOSS242
    Options

As always you can play with the numbers, if 3 seconds is too long then???

And for her 3rd perk the sky's the limit! I've always thought a totem perk that would be cool is killers radius is drastically reduced by like something nutty like 50% and has no red stain, until totem breaks. But thats just an idea, idk really?? :)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Ruin could still be a thing in this situation.

Make it apply +5% regression on Good Skill Checks, then make it pause on Great ones.

• Riddick
    Riddick Member Posts: 121
    Options

I understand your pain far too well... Some people still gen tap.

• BOSS242
    Options

I don't think so really, the regression is what makes ruin so painful right now i think, hitting a good and having it work against you just feels bad and that wouldn't happen. And how is a game mechanic made more boring and brain dead by making it harder and require more skill??

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Well since skill checks are random if you got say 10 that would mean an extra 30 seconds to finish the gen. Plus rng is already a pain in this game why add that onto gen time? it then has even more of a luck factor involved more than anything and tbh they may as well increase the base gen time which people don't want as it's monotonous.

This is why people would rather have a true second objective as it adds a bit of variety even if it was holding m1 at least you would have to move 😉.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

I'd rather get some new exciting second objective then prolonging gen times by this change. Holding M1 is kinda boring and even with this change gen tapping would become more common so not much would change.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

If we remove Ruin, Hag won't have her three perks...

• SaveUsY2K
    SaveUsY2K Member Posts: 43
    Options
  • Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

If I wanted to ruin someone's experience I'd just drop all the pallets on the map

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

So? They need to get better.

Can we stop balancing things for noobs please.

• bubbascal
    bubbascal Member Posts: 316
    Options

Absolutely not, OP.

Killers either need mobility or map wide gen pressure to survive at purple and red ranks. Otherwise they get genrushed into oblivion.

Ruin is a (necessary) band-aid for 80-85% of the Killers in this game who don't have any of those. If they lose Ruin, they might as well DC.

Billy has immense speed and instadowns, you can't beat him without a vault or window.

Nurse, while not possessing as much mobility as Billy, can end loops extremely quickly. And she can still move much quicker than other Killers. Plus she can teleport up and down entire floors.

Spirit has mobility and insane mindgame potential, which is what makes her top tier.

Every other Killer is very dependent on Ruin, add-ons or perks. Pig has SOME gen pressure with her RBTs but still not enough mobility.

The devs just don't know how to balance new killers, plain and simple. It's why the original killers are still the best in the game. With the exception of Spirit, the ONE time they did something right.

(Copy and pasted this bit from another topic I wrote this on.)

Even if your idea takes place, Ruin is still too instrumental to make half of the Killers playable in this game.

Ruin is the Self-Care for Killers. Remove Ruin and there will be massive outrage. Same as if Self-Care was removed (even if is mostly replaced for Adrenaline).

You want Ruin gone? Nerf genrushing on a CORE level and/or buff 80-85% of the Killer who struggle to Billy/Nurse/Spirit level.

Once you're willing to "see the other side" as whiny Survivor mains said about Legion, THEN we will talk.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

I dont need wheelchair for my Billy.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

No I play on both PC and Console and while I can hit every great on PC I cannot hit greats on Console and I haven't seen anyone on Console be able to hit greats everytime.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

This is not a good idea too try and slow gen rushers. The best idea's are either increase how long gens take or add another objective. This would punish everyone since not even Tru3 get's great every time.

• Boss
    Options

@cardgre If you wanted to RUIN someone's experience...

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEH

• Boss
    Options

I'm getting real sick of this glitchy website.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options

Yea because when you play solo randoms are always hitting greats 🙄 but seriously this is a terrible idea , it's already hard enough to get randoms on gens without ruin let alone making it built in. I would literally never play without swf again if that were implemented , you can't rely on cancerous randoms that don't do anything productive then DC when they're caught the first time which is already the problem now so why do you think this would help that?

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    Options

There’s already a perk that does this “This Is Not Happening” and it’s one of the worst perks in the game.

• Puppt
    Puppt Member Posts: 7
    Options

Ruin super easy just keep working it will take 5 minutes to do gen

• profaned
    profaned Member Posts: 55
    Options

I just noticed that the devs haven't really touched ruin since they've been shoving other "use this or DC" perks in our face

I'm not a ruin user but I'll admit the occasional genrush I find is Abit disheartening

But that's why you just gotta step it up, kappa

• TR_stonez
    TR_stonez Member Posts: 54
    Options

How about they give gens a slight progession percent for great skill checks instead of none maybe 3% i feel loke it would balance it out a bit

• s0cial_outc4st
    s0cial_outc4st Member Posts: 59
    Options

I was actually thinking "Stakeout". Spend time in the radius without chase, goods become great, all hits during ruin are good.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

Exactly. Stake Out directly counters Ruin.

When you get a Good Skill Check with a Stake Out token, it counts as a Great, so it nullifies Ruin as long as you have tokens

People sleep on any perks that aren't their coveted DS SC BT nonsense.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

Something needs to be done. Because survivors don't have to interact with anything else to win games. They just tunnel gens like killers tunnel them and outside top tier killers, even thinking about playing for variety is out of of the question once you get to purple and red ranks.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

So basically delete great skill checks? No thanks, those are one of the few things that still bring me joy in this game

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571
    Options

This discussion was born to get downvoted

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571
    Options

It CAN be useful sometimes, but 90% of the time the survivors find and break it in the first 1 minute or so of the match which can get annoying knowing I wasted a perk slot

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2019
    Options

It seems like a good way to make gen rushing less of a problem and Ruin not feel required at high ranks. The only thing I'm iffy on is good skill checks causing a pause in progression for three seconds. That sounds like a little too long. The progression pause should be shorter or good skill checks could slow the progression down instead of just flat out pausing it.

I'm not really sure what kind of perk we could give Hag to make up for the loss of Ruin.

• su11yboy
    su11yboy Member Posts: 38
    Options

I don't think this is a great idea. I think just adding another objective to the game is a better solution. I don't want to just hold a button down for longer just so its more balanced. Friday the 13th has it so it takes finding multiple things to start the car for example. Have it so survivors have to fix 5 gens and collect 5 batteries for the gens. Could even make it so the last battery doesn't spawn for say 5 minutes (just an example) so the game can be a minimum of 5 minutes, unless the killer absolutely dominates. The Killer is supposed to be the power role. Survivors aren't really OP rn, Killers are just weak. And I see people saying "It'll be unfun for noobs" Are you high? IT'S SUPPOSSED TO BE UNFUN BECAUSE AS A NOOB YOU USUALLY SUCK. IT'S SUPPOSSED TO BE BALANCED WHERE EVERYONE IS AT MAX SKILL LEVEL.

• Wubsyy__
    Wubsyy__ Member Posts: 116
    Options

Or they could increase the penalty for missing a skillcheck and just slow gen progression, instead of punishing survivors for hitting skillchecks?

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

A good game should be balanced around both groups, not one or the other.

• Exa1ib3r
    Exa1ib3r Member Posts: 86
    Options
  • toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

Nobody is removing ruin. The perk is actually weak. There is a totem on the map and if 2 people go on gens and the other 2 go find ruin it will be fine. Ruin deserves a spot in the game. You have to know how to conquer ruin and have to be good at the game.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Overrated, yes, but not unnecessary. All M1 killers who can't put down map pressure require ruin at red ranks against average red rank survivors. Unless they stop doing gens then you are going too loose the long run.