Hex Ruin is a Problem

Beets
Beets Member Posts: 39

Hex ruin ruins the game. If the hex isn't found near the start, the survivors are screwed as the killer is able to casually breeze through the survivors, desperately searching for that 1 damn hex totem, making it so that by the time the hex is found there's no way the remaining survivors can do 5 gens. At tier 1 and 2, doing gens is possible but unlikely to succeed but when the perk is tier 3 there's no chance. It's especially awful if the killer is running haunted grounds and when you think you've found the ruin totem you're met with a horrible surprise. Honestly, as horrifying as it is, I was pretty fine with it until every killer started running it. It's made it so that dbd for survivors is not "do gens the game" but, instead, "look for totems the game". It's gotten so bad that I've taken to running small game just to have a chance of finding the ruin totem while the survivors still have a chance to win. It's just not fun.

Comments

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

I'm sorry to say you can do the gens without destroying the totem, that's how my team usually works, if we find the totem in the way, that's good, if we don't that's not gonna stop us. Just practice perfect skill checks, it is difficult the first times you practice them, cause your mind now focuses on "doing the skill check" and not on "doing a perfect skillcheck", but you''ll get the hang of it.

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193

Ruin is not a problem. You either:

a) Gen tap

b) Find the totem (use small game or detective's hunch to help locate it)

c) Just power on through

I use ruin when playing killer to slow the game down but as often as not, it is found very quickly so it doesn't always offer an advantage. When playing as survivor, I am happy to go totem hunting and well as working on gens.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

If you guys played stealthy and looked for the totem before trying to loop the killer. Things might go differently. At the start of every round the killer is gonna do a patrol loop around gens until someone is found. Use this to your advantage.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

This was posted twice to anyone looking to answer the "main" post is in the "General" section.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

I play mostly survivor. I think Hex Ruin is fair. Instead of running around for 4 mins trying to find the totem I'm working on learning how to become proficient at powering through it. That's your best option, get so good at pushing through it, that it doesn't matter.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253

Learn to hit great skill checks you noob, let's not talk about how ruin in 80% of games gets destroyed within 1-2 minutes.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Gens get done too fast without a gen stopper perk it is in no way OP especially since you can literally get rid of it.

• Twinbros
    Twinbros Member Posts: 27

The real problem is DbD bases their decisions on how top tier players games behave. Ruin is essential in the top tier games because survivors are able to hammer out gens quickly. But it is actual cancer in lower tier games and is a pretty large incentive for survivors to suicide or DC from the match.

Unfortunately DbD doesn't have a system that allows them to address these issues as individuals, so in lower tier games Killers are pretty much handed free win games. And higher tier games are used to be the more balance games

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,707

Locked by op's wish

This discussion has been closed.