spirit and stridor

is it worth it to use stridor on spirit im learning her right now and sometimes people with iron will ######### me up is it worth the perk slot or should i just get better

Comments

• Hooky
    Hooky Member Posts: 3

Yes it’s very good to use stridor on spirit! As spirit, you need perks that can slow the game down and aura perks, and not anti-looping perks, that’s an important tip :)

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

I would say no because stridor changes your perception of sound so a game with and without stridor is different when it comes to tracking. Speaking of spirit's builds I have four videos and more to come if you want to check them out.

First one is this https://youtu.be/NgfFy6sYqEo

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Strider is a bad perk on her honestly.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2019

Yes.

Anyone that says no just doesn't understand how to use Stridor properly.

The thing to remember is that you want to use Stridor for a direction not distance. Survivors will always sound much closer than they really are, all you should concern yourself with is what DIRECTION is the sound coming from. Once you understand this and get good with it, you can find survivors very easily from a full tile away.

However I would agree with the sentiment that you should practice playing her without Stridor just to get the basics down. Once you feel like you are doing pretty good with her, then use Stridor. You will need to adjust a little, but again DIRECTION not distance.

• Liruliniel

I can do this without Stridor with my headset so I honestly think it's a wasted slot, but I'll try your advice man and maybe I'll get even better. Do you still pop out on them?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I won't deny you can "do without it" the thing is there will come a time when you desperately need it and you don't have it. 95% of the time you really don't need it, but that 5% where you do it's very dire. A single GOOD survivor with Iron Will and Spine Chill can cost you the game.

• Liruliniel

I agree Iron Will can become a problem if you listen strictly for sounds, but there are counters to them just like anything else. Though this comes down to playstyle and tracking efficiency with scratch marks, birds, and grass.

I happen to notice you missed the one thing that mattered in my post. Can you still come out of phase on them consistently?

Also I run on my Spirit BBQC, MYC, Ruin or Discordance, and PGTW or Whispers. Most of these perks are quite commonly used more then the rough 5% in fact I use each one of these almost every game several times.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I'd suggest learning her without stridor, then put it on once you're comfortable playing her.

Using it while learning her will make it a bit easier, but you can become used to it and when you don't bring it, you might find yourself frustrated.

I did a similar thing with Predator, I always used it on her when she first came out. When I finally wanted to try new builds, I found myself struggling to keep track of them.