What are your favourite obscure perk combos?

Beets
Beets Member Posts: 39
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

I've been experimenting with all sorts of perks recently and I've found that some perks that are rarely used or are of limited usefulness work really well with other perks. What "obscure" perk combos have you happened upon whilst playing?

Post edited by Beets on

Best Answers

• semaj_leachim
    semaj_leachim Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓

Not obscure, really, but I'm end game motivated so noed and blood warden can turn a 1 k to a 3k if you got survivors who like to rub it in. Throw in the one freddy perk where the gate opening had 1 minute added, and baby, you got a stew goin.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Answer ✓

Throw in no mither as well and the one that increases gen speed hurt

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615
    Answer ✓

Actually, i recently came to like Make Your Choice on Wraith a lot more.

I severely underestimated this Perk on him.

I knew most of the pros of MYC+Wraith beforehand, but knowing pros and using pros are completely different experiences.

• Covering the distance to get to your new target can be shortened more easily as cloaked Wraith, especially with the always-good "Windstorm" Add-ons.
    • It's an M1 Perk, and M1 is mostly what Wraith is. But while he doesn't have a lot, when you strengthen what he does have, he himself becomes stronger in almost every way.
    • If you take the time to not directly bolt it for where the unhook took place, but instead but instead take an educated guess as to where they're going and cut them off all sneaky-like, you'll land the hit faster than going to the Hook and then following the Scratchmarks. (Not to mention they'll expect you to follow their trails, so they'll expect you to come from there.)
    • Whoever is the one you'll find isn't usually a problem either, but going for the one affected by MYC is preferrable, as the Injured one will either stay Injured and be an easy target to uncloak hits, or they'll waste some time healing up/being healed.
    • The range at which MYC triggers is comedy material to Wraith, it's quite easy to just stay still and thus become invisible, and just wait out a safe.
    • Of course, this isn't good for keeping Generators in check, but it's a technique that can still help in certain situations.
    • Having 2 hooked for example usually pressures the other 2 into unhooking one or both, since they think you'll come to check on Generators. (In my games at least.)
    • Late game is also great for this: You'll practically cancel Adrenaline's main benefit and can often at least secure a kill.

I think that's all the pros i can think of for now.

But yeah, MYC on a pure M1 Killer who can move fast is pretty dangerous.

Even though he's good ol' Wraith, allowing him to almost always have someone on the Hook is, once again, pretty dangerous.

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909
    Answer ✓

Spine Chill + Resilience is a lot of fun - vaulting faster saves my life so much!

A little less obscure, but still fun, is Lithe + Dance With Me (+Quick & Quiet) for a Houdini build. I haven't run that in a while, might go back to it soon!

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Answer ✓

Head on + Quick and Quiet + Iron Will + Resellience

It's really fun to loop near a locker, hop into it when the killer isn't looking, then once they realize you're in the locker BAM you strike them with Head on XD. Bring a Med kit tho because when head on fails and you need heals you can't rely on teammates

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150
    Answer ✓

Diversion,quick and quiet,lithe,urban evasion

I ran it and found it pretty funny when killer goes toward another direction

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Answer ✓

As killer, Rancor and Furtive Chase. Basically you make it a HUGE risk to make a rescue, especially near the end of the game. And if they aren't SWF, more than likely the new obsession won't even realize you have Rancor until it's too late.

As survivor, No Mither and Tenacity. Most killers will pick you up, but if you know what you are doing with NM you can put them in a situation where they will slug you. With Tenacity, even if they slug you for a short time you will probably get up. You just have to know how to set up those situations.