Ghostface breakout is garbage

It feels impossible to stay in stealth at red ranks. You never get broken out when you get caught no see you it’s always when to you are behind something and the breakouts doesn’t stop. Like what’s the point it’s stupidly to noob friendly

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Because of the completely unnecessary hotfix, Ghostface is completely shut down by competent Survivors.

The change is forcing me to play a way I didn't want to, I want to play the way I want and if that means Stalking a chase instead of around a corner I should be able to do so, it's not game breaking.

Besides the ridiculous decision to make these stupid tweaks I still love playing him. I hate the Devs design philosophy and every thing they say feels like they're holding back on purpose and want the Killers to struggle.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

After the hot fix my ghost became a gen grab ghost

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 That actually works? I didn't think it was actually possible with Ghostface, when I saw trophy I laughed my ass off.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

Honestly, my only issue with the detection mechanic is the inconsistency. For every time I can’t detect him as a survivor when he’s right there, I get detected through walls as a killer. Aside from that, though, leaning and cover is your best friend, and when you learn to use them effectively, avoiding detection is entirely feasible.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

My only problem is that I get spotted through walls and objects due to the 3rd person camera and not in a chase. Same applies when I'm on the survivor side. Your power is not everything. If someone breaks you out, utilize the killer instinct to hunt them down and hook them. Then utilize cover and stalk someone as best you can until they notice you. Survivors will always be able to sneak up behind you. You gotta be quicker with hiding if you see the detection meter, and if there really is no other option, except defeat and enter a chase.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

Agreed. I think Ghostface is suffering from the same hitbox issues that survivors do when we swing at them. That is to say "while on YOUR end you're halfway up the stairs out of basement for the survivor you just hooked your hitbox of detection is at the bottom of the stairs well within range of detection."

So translation: as long as hitboxes are an issue in DbD, so too shall be the inconsistency of Ghostface detection.

• Emhyr
    Emhyr Member Posts: 73

For me, Ghostface is the most frustrating killer to play as. The power is a total waste of time if you use it the way the devs wants you to use. Being stealthy and stalk around corners is a complete waste of time because good survivors won't be kill with this strategy. The only way i use the power is to detect survivors, to know where they are.

Actually, Ghostface is a Trapper without traps who can t-bag. That's all. At red ranks he's so trash to play as.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

You and I have very different experiences, my gamer

And before you ask: Yes I play at red ranks and yes I am able to avoid detection, sneak, and stalk

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I've focused less on using his power for stalking, and more for confusing them during chases or sneaking up on gens, he's almost a wraith who can attack out of stealth.

He is pretty underwhelming at most loops, and stalking people to completion is pretty difficult. If I stalk a survivor at least halfway and get broken out before I can finish, I usually leave them and continue patrolling gens so i can just quickly finish off the stalk later. (I'll usually leave a max of 2 at a time)