The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Out of all the possible survivor choices for "Stranger Things," what do you want?

TheGameZpro3
TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
edited July 2019 in Off-topic

Now, so many evidence points to Stranger Things coming as a DLC chapter.

I'm not here to talk about that, I'm just curious on what people would want as the survivor.

For me, it's Steve Harington.

He has good perk potential, my favorite character, and I'd LOVE a "Scoops Ahoy" Outfit as DLC. I'd pay excellent money for that.

Imagine a Bat perk, that summons a bat with barbed wire that stuns the killer, may be broken as hell, but cool.

EDIT: I was re-watching Season 2 after re-watching season 1 again. And I came across this, and now I need this as a head cosmetic if he's added... torso would be cool too, but it's mainly the head.

Post edited by TheGameZpro3 on

Comments

• Nahvie
    Nahvie Member Posts: 9

I would love Steve or Nancy as the survivor. As much as it makes sense to have Hopper, we already have a detective survivor & a sheriff might be overkill, in my opinion. But Steve really would be perfect and his outfits would be so great!

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Steve, Steve, Steve or perhaps... Steve.

Chips Ahoy cosmetic or Riot.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Steve Harington by a long shot

• BackByDaylight
    BackByDaylight Member Posts: 92

Joyce she's going to be another little Min !

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

everyone forgets johnatan ....

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

None

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Nancy, Steve or Hopper would be my choices

• frozen_in_shadow
    frozen_in_shadow Member Posts: 50

Hopper....omg yes!

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

1st choice - Joyce

2nd Choice - Hopper (we already have a cop character)

3rd - Nancy

Dom or whatever he's called looks like Jake Park already.

I suspect they'll end up having a stranger things cosmetic pack. Maybe for the Blood pass.

Dusty's hat is just shouting PAID COSMETIC to me.

• AshleyWB

I tried correcting Dom to Jonathan but it won't let me edit it dammit. Yeah Jonathan looks like Jake Park imo. Probably the work of commies.

Also if there was a Chapter on Stranger Things It would be such a dumb but funny idea to have a slow walking russian guy with a machine gun who always seems to catch up as a killer.

Keep it Demogorgon, The Demon Prince itself.

• AshleyWB

Also can I just say to those of you wanting a Steve. You'll end up with another Quentin. Stoned face, stupid outfit and cheesy feel. A meaningless human being.

Joyce though she is not the strongest but she's a fighter. She would do anything to protect her own and work tirelessly to uncover the truth to shield the ones she loves and cares about from danger.

Steve - Just a normal cliche 80s teen who's in and out of love. You might like his hair but that's about it.

Joyce is my Choice

Not even Hopper will Stopper (stop her)

Honestly Stranger Things is the story of Joyce and her family overcoming evil. Not some lowlife who scoops ice cream for a living.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

I'm surprised that no one has talked about the most obvious candidate for a survivor. I love Steve, best character in the show, best baby sitter to ever grace the screen. I mean, my profile pic on Steam is Scoops Ahoy Steve. But Steve, SPOILER ALERT, isn't dead. Neither is Joyce or Johnathan. Hopper is an unknown. Joyce never found his body when it's clear that being next to the 'Key' when it explodes gooifies you. The only two viable survivors in regards to how the Entity snatches people is Barb or Billy. With Barb, I have my reservations considering how little screen time she had while Billy was one of the main antagonists of Season 2 and 3 while dying a heroes death in Season 3. Billy fits the Entity's criteria perfectly. Flawed, persistent, yet somehow heroic. Think David mixed with Ace mixed with Ash. If they do release Steve, I'd be giddy but it just doesn't work lorewise. Saying it now, we get a confirmation for Stranger Things expect Billy or Barb.

• Mikeadatrix

"Lowlife who scoops ice cream for a living."

Good god, what did Joe Keery ever do to you? Steve is universally considered one of the best characters in the show. His character development is second to none.

• TheGameZpro3

@AshleyWB Look, Steve is a bad a$$ ok. Sure, he may have a bad job, but you want to know who else had one, Ashley J Williams, who for season 1 of his show, worked in retail. I haven't seen season 3 yet, but I heard then he worked in a fish store.

How many people from the show actually faced off the Demogorgen. like, only Nancy and Jonathan. If it wasn't for Steve, there wouldn't be Nancy and Jonathan, so is he truly worthless?

Also, it isn't about Joyce, it's about Hawkins as a whole, and government secrets that tears a town apart.

• TheGameZpro3

EDIT: I meant, Jonathan, Nancy, and Steve.

• AshleyWB

I can't believe what some of you are even saying. Without Joyce and her family There is no show.

Steve would be a terrible mistake because he has very little significance in the Stranger Things story.

He hit a Demogorgon with a baseball bat? So?!

Has he ever pinned his son down and scold him to release a demon from another world...no

Had he ever had a plan with complete conviction and eagerness to carry out...no he just tags along with everyone else

Steve Harrington is not what defines Stranger Things at all.

You might like him as a character but what his character represents is far less to what Joyce and Hopper and even Nancy represent.

Steve Harrington is nothing, he's dirt he's a nobody. That is exactly what his character building is. From a cool guy to someone who just isn't wanted. And people like you want him dressed as a sailor man running around Macmillan because he's great.

Nancy is such a better option and So is Hopper and Joyce.

• AshleyWB

Stranger Things is a great show with many many great character performances.

Steve is in the mix as decent but Joyce, Hopper, Nancy, Jonathan are just way more meaningful and engaging than Steve Stupid Harrington could ever be.

That is a stone cold fact. I SAW EVERYTHING I KNOWS EVERYTHING.

Some of you are fanboying and fangurling over something you don't understand, foolish mortals. 😈 MUHAHAHA I will reopen the gate.

• TheGameZpro3

Without Eleven, there is no upside down.

Without The Hawkins Lab, there is no experiments on Eleven to make the Upside Down.

Without the Boys (excluding Will) Eleven wouldn't be found, atleast not until later.

Without Steve, Nancy and Jonathan are dead.

Without Lucas, Max wouldn't be a main character.

Without Dustin, Hopper and Joyce couldn't destroy the machine in Season 3.

Joyce and Hopper aren't the only characters in the show, yet you hold them higher than god himself, if anything I consider Eleven to be the main character.

So using your logic, I'm going to not put Steve, but Teen Eleven as my choice. @AshleyWB

• AshleyWB

@TheGameZpro3 See this is exactly why we get dull empty licenced characters. Because you lie to yourself that something really dull and boring is infact the greatest thing ever.

Imagine if instead of Laurie Strode from Halloween we got her neighbour Sally who hit Myers with a baseball bat. Because Halloween wasn't about Laurie Strode it was about the town she lived it. Like C'mon you're crazy.

• Mikeadatrix

What a garbage false equivalency. Halloween was about a babysitter and how she dealt with a serial killer. Stranger Things has always made it clear that it's a story about a town and how these individuals interact with the paranormal events that the town throws at them. Joyce has never directly interacted with any of the monsters in the show. She's not the centerpiece of the show. If anything, the show is about Eleven and if she was a little older, I'd suggest her as an addition. You're so quick to discredit Steve but are so quick to credit Johnathan and Nancy. Steve has gone toe to toe with the Demogorgon and come out on top. He's protected the gang of kids and helped them orchestrate a take down of one of the gates in Hawkins and has killed tons of Demodogs. He helped crack the Russian code and then infiltrated the Russian base, whooped Commie ass, was willing to sacrifice his life to protect Dustin and Erica, took an absolute beating, escaped a base that should be inescapable and then, all in the same god damn night, saved Nancy from Billy by ramming the convertible into Billy's car and then helped the gang fight off the Mind Flayer. Steve is the god damn Ash of Stranger Things. He's a moron who works a dead end job who only cares about getting laid but is a god damn hero that is willing to die for his friends and just can't seem to die. If you can't see that, I guess you just don't get it.

Oh.

Add Billy, Devs.

• TheGameZpro3

@Mikeadatrix thank you! you said that way better than I could.

• Mikeadatrix
    edited July 2019

I won't let anyone sleep on our lord and savior Steve "Hair" Harrington. 😂

Post edited by Mikeadatrix on
  • SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Steve or Joyce. I'd prefer Joyce. Don't like the idea of Hopper.

Billy could be the killer if not a demogorgon, to keep it with the humanoid theme.

• AshleyWB

I'm just gonna say what I think. You're entitled to your own opinions. Having Steve Harrington as a survivor is stupid. He doesn't define Stranger Things. Like I said before he's just one character a lot of you are just obsessed with for some reason.

Joyce Byers is a million times more relevant because she is in the spotlight far far more than most other characters.

Encountering the monster once or twice isn't relevant. The substance of the plot seriously goes over your head if you think Joyce is a nothing character.

If you continue trying to convince me otherwise. I will open the gate and make sure Steve gets it.

• AshleyWB

The Devs are smart people, they won't ever think Steve or Barb would ever be their first choices for a Stranger Things survivor, and if you disagree You Are Insane.

Billy is not up there either because we know pretty much nothing about him. He was the bad guy for most of his time so far. He has literally had about 20 lines out of thousands.

• AshleyWB

Joyce = Take my money

Steve = I'll make whoever plays him pay. I'll ignore everyone until I find him and I will show him how meaningless he is as a character. I won't even hook him, I'd just hit him to the ground and watch him crawl in the dirt where he belongs.

See Joyce, Hopper, Nancy, Jonathan are respectable characters who are deserving of being a representative of Stranger Things. Choose wisely.

• TheGameZpro3

@AshleyWB that last post doesn't make sense, that's what YOU'LL do. He deserves some respect for saving 4.5 main characters from death. Jonathan, Nancy, Mike, Dustin, and Erica (I counted her as 0.5 because I don't think she's main yet. I feel like she'll be important in season 4 somehow) from death.

I'm not saying you should be fully accepting of him getting in, just treat him with a tiny bit more respect considering how he saved 4 very important characters from dying, and Erica. Over, and out.

• AshleyWB

If I'm in a match where it's 2 Dwight's a nea and a Steve. I will be like "WHERE IS HE??" and I will make Steve pay for thinking he's in the cool kid club. He's not.

Really though I don't hate him as a character I just hate how people seem to be fangirling over him when he isn't gonna cut it for the majority.

Joyce is what this game kinda needs. She has some really good quotes unlike Steve's. Hopper too, present him as an ordinary man rather than "hey imma detective guy" and he'll be a great addition. We know his story isn't over and it'll be cool to play as the guy who's gone missing and presumed dead.

• ClogWench

Counter argument: I want to play as a cute 80s teen.

Also the original season was split into effectively 3 vastly different plotlines. The kids had a sorta SciFi/fantasy coming-of-age story. Steve and Nancy and that other less interesting boy had a creature feature/slasher-esque horror plotline. Joyce and Hopper had a mix of a haunted house story and government conspiracy stuff. Overall Nancy or Steve fit the theme better.

• AshleyWB

What I'm saying is that Joyce was a major part in the major plot running throughout the whole 3 seasons and no-one can deny that because it's a stonewall fact.

• ClogWench

Not denying that, but that doesn't make her any more likely to be a survivor than Steve or Nancy

• AshleyWB

I just think there's so many better options and I would be so mad if they missed out on Joyce or Hopper over Steve. It would be a tragedy.

Can I just ask...Find me some quotes Steve says which make you go wow.

Joyce and Hopper have a ton of these and they are magnificent. Full of emotion determination, power and grit. I don't think you get anything remotely close to that with Steve.

• AshleyWB

Steve "do you want chocolate sprinkles with that?"

• ClogWench

To be fair most slasher movie protagonists aren't known for their moving speeches. In a game about slashers chasing down terrified survivors, Steve or Nancy fit the bill best. Moreso considering their showdown against the Demogorgon in season 1.

• AshleyWB

Don't make me do it. I'll open the gate.

What I'm trying to say is that no-one Really cares about Steve. He isn't what the show is about. He's kinda someone in the background helping out the main cast.

If Stranger Things want to showcase itself to the gaming world, Steve isn't the answer.

I genuinely hope they have Joyce lined up but why I'm so cautious of them getting a nobody like Steve. It's because they've done it before with Tapp and Quentin. No-one likes Tapp and Quentin looks like a junkie. I know Steve will be the next to join the unwanted licensed survivor gang next if he came to dbd.

And I know you and the guy liking your comments want Steve but I disagree in fact if I see a Steve in any lobby in future. I will be so mean to them because they took Joyce's rightful place as survivor. They're gonna regret playing him against me as killer.

I just hope there is a stranger things chapter with survivor killer map the works Everything because I want revenge if we don't get Joyce or someone I like (anyone but Steve)

• TheGameZpro3

(I can't quote others, it refreshes, so I'll just put what @AshleyWB said in quotes myself)

"Joyce and Hopper have a ton of these and they are magnificent. Full of emotion determination, power and grit. I don't think you get anything remotely close to that with Steve."

Fair enough, but with Ash he got 2 skins in the shop. So I have one question. Can you give me a single costume idea for Joyce or Hopper besides the hazmat suits from season 1. That is skin 1.

And before you say that for Steve, Scoops Ahoy (Season 3), Underground Steve (Season 2 finale), Gym Steve (Season 2), Cool Steve (Steve with sunglasses from season 2)

• AshleyWB

How about if I find at least 5 outfits you admit that Joyce is a great choice.

Do we have a deal?

• TheGameZpro3

yeah, deal.

• ClogWench

Still think Steve or Nancy are the reasonable choices. Also he IS a main character. You can't just call him a background support character because you don't like him cause hes still a main character. And honestly I don't think what character they pick makes an iota of difference with regards to "showcasing itself to the gaming world".

• TheGameZpro3

(Can't edit comments)

I'll admit, I just really want a ST character with tons of customization. Not just Ash's 3 outfits (Including his default). Steve (imo) has the second most amount of unique outfits, only being beaten by Eleven, but she's too young. I just want any ST character in, with more than 4 outfit unlike Tapp.

So if you can prove Joyce or Hopper can have more or the same amount I proposed for Steve, I'm 100% ok with them getting in beside Steve.

Also, I hope this won't get outdated when I post.

• AshleyWB

Google images is really tough to find stranger things images which show the different outfits.

Don't forget the Soviet russian disguise, the hazmat like you mentioned. I'll try to find better images in the meantime.

• TheGameZpro3

Ok then, @AshleyWB you win. I'm on board. Not with Hopper cause his limited cosmetics, but I'm ok with Joyce.

• AshleyWB

I can't believe I can't find the Russian disguise the hazmat suit and another one I was looking for.

• TheGameZpro3

The only thing I have a problem with is the lack of head pieces, so she really only has 4 (Including Default and Prestige. Hazmat and Russian Disguise has one also, I'm assuming.) but a deals a deal, Joyce is a great choice for a survivor.

• AshleyWB

Gonna post some quotes she says.

Maybe I am a mess, maybe I’m crazy, maybe I’m out of my mind! 

But, God help me, I will keep these lights up until the day I die, if I think there’s a chance that Will's still out there!

JOYCE BYERS

• ClogWench

This is all also under the assumption that Stranger Things is coming to DbD in the first place. It seems possible but far from confirmed.

• AshleyWB
    • Alright, well, I don't know who's been raising you, but I'm gonna get you some new crayons, because it looks like he's shooting cabbages."
    • "Just ring me up, Donald."
    • "Will wanted me to give him some space, so I'm giving him a few feet."

• TheGameZpro3

oh... yea @ClogWench has a point.

• AshleyWB
    • "I know it sounds crazy... I sound crazy... You think I don't know that? It is crazy!But I heard him, Jonathan... he talked to me! Will is calling to me, and he's out there, and he's alone, and he's scared, and... I don't care if anyone believes me. I am not gonna stop looking for him until I find him and bring him home! I am going to bring him home!"
    • "This is not yours to fix alone. You act like you're all alone out there in the world, but you're not!"

• AshleyWB
    • "I know who you are. I know what you've done... You took my boy away from me!You left him in that place to die. You faked his death... we had a funeral, we buried him! And now, you're asking for my help? Go to hell."